Let's have a debate. Which is better?

Let's have a debate. Which is better?

honestly, it really depends what you want to use those for but if you're just eating one then i'd say lime.
i usually describe lime as "lemon but better"

both are great and have their usage

Lime

lemon is more versatile in european cuisine I'd say
lime has it's uses too though, they're both good

Lemon

This. Lime has a lot of applications, but there are a handful of them where lemon works best. Like lemon-wine sauces for fish.

Lime is best. Better flavor, no seeds.

You can't make a lime meringue pie and have it be as delicious
You can't make lime drops and have it be as delicious
You can't make limeade and have it be as delicious
I love lemon

Key lime pie > lemon merengue pie

I agree about the lemon drops, but limeade and key lime pie are better than their lemon counterparts imo.

Lemon. Lime a shit.

Also. Lemon chamomile tea is something I'm okay with. Lime chamomile is not.

Lime is just an unripened lemon, it's not even a competition really.
Lemon is better.

Why choose just one?

Lemon

>pretending to enjoy limes you wasted your trust fund money on to show how "tolerant" you are
I can't wait for the this fad to finally be over

lime, no contest

lemon's are much more versatile for deserts, chicken and fish

limes pairs better with stuff with a lot of spice

I love both equally.

Limes go very well with spicy food, whereas lemons tend to go better with sweeter food.

You can make a keylime pie though.

Persian lime all the way buddy

Your face when you realize limes are just unripe lemons, just like bananas.

I can't tell the difference desu.

depends on the dish desu some things are better with lime and others are better with lemon

The lemon is far more versatile.

By contrast, the lime can only be used in specialty items, shows unpopularity as a flavor, and as an aroma compared to lemons, and the marketing to promote such a useless product is clearly a scam cooked up to get subsidies to pay negroes for otherwise useless labor while the profit is diverted to the ringleader: naturally the eternal Jew.

And that's why we don't keep limes in this house, We're good Christians who cherish our heritage, and are always wary of Ausländers and their food culture. We know the 'apple rule'; what starts green turns 'red' and we wont tolerate any communist propaganda.

I do however recognize many people of insalubrious character and sketchy lineage enjoy limes, and I'm fine with that. I feel they should be proud of their choices and openly express their limey choices, perhaps with some style, like a patch to be worn on the lapel. They could share common living space and concentrated into their own communities.

I, however, remain firmly committed to lemons. I think one fruit and one flavor and one citrus is plenty for anything. And thats lemons, above all others.

Why are you like that? Who hurt you?

While my favortie pasta is chicken picata, and I do love a squirt of lemon on my fish and chips or on an oyster, I live in an area of southern california where taco trucks and stands are abundant. Nothing upsets my drunken taco expirience more than getting a fucking lemon for my taco when everyone knows damn well a lime is so much better.

Thats me. I dont usually post but this is am issue that actually really bothers me. They are both considered citrus but would you ever consider replacing a lemon or a lime with an orange or a grapefruit? They are all completely different flavors and deserve their own respect.

Never got his name. All I know is that he was British. Dark complected, straight teeth. Your typical limey.

I'm too poor and there's no lime culture/mexicans/pilipino here I'd say lemons are sufficient.
Is black tea with lime good?..

key lime > all other citrus

Calamansi is a lime, duterte boy