/nutrition/

>How do I eat wheat germ, raw?
>Is wheat germ good for you?
>Are there any side effects if I supplement my diet with this every day?
>are the nutrients bioavailable?

I did some research and 100 grams of wheat germ costs only 57 cents, yet it appears to be the greatest superfood. It must have some kind of a downside right, otherwise it would be more popular?

100g wheat germ:
>125% daily value for vitamin b1
>70% b9, 65% b6, 34% b3, 29% b2, 23% b5
>35% iron, 60% magnesium, 84% phosphorus, 25% potassium, 82% zinc, 40% copper, 665% manganese, 113% selenium 53% fiber and 46% protein

>how to eat

boil it into porridge

>is wheat germ good for you

yes but it triggers the ketolards

>are there any side effects if i supplement my diet with this every day

you'll stop needing to wipe after a shit

>are the nutrients bioavaliable

the phytate troll was never in accordance with reality and belongs in the same place as the people who care about fluoride and phytoestrogens, aka nu-hippies.

Usually people eat it as nutritional yeast flakes. You should consider ecological yeast since yeast often is gmo shit.

ups i messed up yeast and germ

>gmo shit
Do you know what GMO means or did you see it on the label and get scared?

I informed myself and I don't want to be a human guineapig. I also don't want to help buisiness groups messing up the dna of earths plants and animals by buying their crap.

>I read blogspots, that makes me a genomics expert XD

pseud

found the unpayed guineapig (or the payed shill)

t. corporate sycophant.

you do know that GMO wheat does not exist yet, you're probably thinking of corn

we are talking about nutritional yeast

Americans remove this stuff from their wheat and say they have to replace the vitamins so they just dump in a bunch of powdered synthetic chemicals.
Why? Because it makes bread and flour brown.

I'm not joking. 300 Million people and many around the world eat literal poison every day.
Because they don't like brown bread.

Fuck yeah.

Perhaps its the name that makes it unpopular.

>eat a vegetable at work
>everyone: oh, you're trying to be healthy? that's great! good for you, user!
Americans believe eating chemical slurry and giant hunks of salted cooked third-rate beef from the Cargill plant is a sign that they've Made Itâ„¢ and eating food that resembles a recognizable plant or animal part is third-world PETA extremist poverty suffering

Vegetables are to be consumed under strict medical supervision in direct response to a health crisis, no exceptions

They actually think and claim that synthetic b vitamins are healthy for them too.

Also, my favorite:
"ENERGH DRINKS ARE BAD FOR YOU!"
>eats a piece of toast

This stuff is great. It is good with fruit or yoghurt. I like to add it to oats or even eat it straight from the jar.

You can add it to anything, so try whatever.

>eating germs
Have fun getting sick

germ is the most nutrition part of the wheat seed

Sprinkle it on your bread
Put it in porridge/oatmeal
Put it in other baked goods

Yes wheat germ is good for you

You'll get healthier

Yes.

i'm considering doing a wheat germ mono diet.

half a pound of wheat germ a day and a banana, made into porridge. nothing else. that's about 900 calories or so.

and then we dye the bread brown, and sell it as wheat, kek.

wheat's a vegetable, not a bacteria.

wheat germ protein is primarily consisting of gluten which we were not evolved to digest properly and it may cause problems for your probacteria

America is in shambles my friend.
They're even trying to push the chemicals on all other countries, to the point that it's become illegal to own or manufacture some of them.

Of course. We can't even export much of our produce because we use chemicals and GMO's that every 1st world country has banned. And rightly so. It's time the american consumer said enough of this bullshit. Give us edible food or fuck right off.

This is completely wrong. Go read a book.

this