Who killed Fyodor Karamazov?

Who killed Fyodor Karamazov?

Thanks for spoiling this book for me lit. I was trying to learn Russian so I wouldnt have to read a translation.

Grushenka

>Thanks for spoiling
Which brings us once more to the question:
Can the story of a 100+ year old book be spoiled?
Is merely focusing on the story even relevant/appropriate?

It was Smerdyakov that did the deed. Although one could say that Ivan acted as the brain behind it, but then again even he himself wasn't (fully?) aware of it.

it was me. Sorry guys.

Can someone provide a summary of this book in 10 lines of greentext or fewer please?

I told a girl at college that I've read it and she keeps making references to it and I just laugh and say "niiiiice" but I have no idea what she's talking about.

Dostoevsky intended that you read his works more than once, you plebe

>meet alyosha, a qurky, god-fearing monk-to-be
>his worlds get wacky when his bros and dad argue (wee-ow~~)
>he talks to some wise-ass nigga Zosimer, who dies, cuz this nigga be on his neck lmao :""")
>ivan's all like 'ima finna be done with god cuz there be a kid crying'
>mitya's all like 'lmao fuck you dad, fuck you grusha no wait let's get hitched hoe lmaaooo'
>fyodor's like 'lmao fuck me too, grusha!'
>smerdyakov goes and kill the pappy but evades jail cuz this nigga cap him off self!!! xDD
>and there's this kid who killed a dog or some shit gg doggo
>he dies
>it's touching and shit lmao love of god etc *sniff*

Dostoyevsky did

beautiful.

Should I read this book?
Should I read it in Russian?

Yes, have a look.
Its praise you'll be gushing.

you should tbqh famalam dingadong

It's not a huge spoiler desu. The real spoiler would be to say WHO killed him.

>ebonics
Speak like a civilized person please.

CMEPДЯКOB, БЛЯTЬ!

He killed himself and made it look like a murder because that seemed more amusing.

yeah it's real amusing to smash your own head in with a pestle

The devil

This guys quads

maybe you shouldn't knock it before you try it ~~~

Lenin

thanks for being a faggot.

everyone. "all is like an ocean"

Why did Smerdyakov kill Fyodor Pavlovich and steal his money if he wasn't gonna spend it anyway?

"take the money with you, sir, take it away," Smerdyakov sighed.
"... but why are you giving it back to me if you killed because of it?" Ivan looked at him in great surprise.
"I've got no use at all for it, sir." Smerdyakov said in a trembling voice, waving his hand. "there was such a former thought, sir, that I could begin life on such money in Moscow, or even more so abroad. I did have such a dream, sir, and even more so as 'everything is permitted.'"
He then goes on and on about how he originally intended to use Ivan's implicit "consent" to his father's murder (which Ivan admits he did desire) in order to blackmail Ivan into continuing to pay him to keep quiet about those embarassing facts regarding Ivan's feelings for his father, which he says "the people" will believe even if the law does not. Of course Smerdyakov says it would have been better if his pushing had actually goaded Dmitri into committing the murder, but that was not the case. Simply, he was intending on using the money, because he believed everything was permitted without God. However, after the murder, though he still did not believe in God, he still becomes troubled to the point of illness. He even says to Ivan: "[if everything is permitted], why are you so troubled now, sir."

People always praise the Grand Inquisitor chapter as their favorite, but I also really enjoyed the chapter when Ivan speaks to the Devil.

The part where he debates between believing and not believing, both in God/The Devil and being guilty of his father's murder, even if indirectly, is fantastic.

Also, was Smeryakov really fyodor's son? I know it's implied he fucked the hobo lady, but come on

Aintchu read the book? Each one of us is guilty for all the rest.
They all killed him

there's more to the book than the suspense and not knowing what happens, but it's still a nice element to enjoy if you're lucky enough to read it unspoiled

Ivan slipping into delirium, and Mitya's gambling with the Poles were great.

It was Lee Harvey Oswald.

Smerdyakov is leagues smarter than Ivan

Rebellion was my fav followedby The Devil

КOTAHЫ, КAКOЙ ЗДECЬ БAMПЛИMИT?

Dostoevski did.

Do you know what spoilers are you mongoloid, or are you too stupid to grasp said notion? Genuinely curious.

Why you claim this book one of greatest? Fedorafags debate about religion and nihilism but aftet kill cant overstep guilty. What this all is about? Humans are ethical in nature but many animals too are.

Я HE ЗHAЮ CAM БЫ ХOTEЛ У КOГO HИБУДЬ CПPOCИTЬ HO HE ЗHAЛ ГДE И КAК

Of course. Symbolic, too, of his guilt and fear of ever changing. He was a trapped man.

My fucking nigga.

That plus the Life of Zosima chapter are both strong counterpoints to the Grand Inquisitor, the latter even moreso I think

His fucking attitude.
Every single character in the brothers K is mentally retarded. Maybe Ivan and Smerdyakoff is a bit thoughtful though.

In what regard?

People like to point to the Grand Inquisitor as a great statement of atheism, which of course is off-base given the author. But where it specifically falls flat is in the context of these two pieces.
Ivan and the Devil represents for Dostoyevsky the natural and negative conclusion of Ivan's way of thinking. One thing that makes it fairly vulnerable though is what could be characterized as a moralizing tone, akin to 'Johnny ran with scissors and now he's dead.'
The Life of Zosima is not as easily dismissed though. For one, it presents a more positive and optimistic portrayal of faith and redemption than does Ivan's arc. Also it's presented in the book as an actual happening, not removed from the book's reality like Ivan's tale of the Inquisitor is.

Why are delirious, apathetic and diseased characters who hate the world so common in Dostoyevsky's work?

>spoiler tags are never actually used for spoilers
Also, fuck you.