I've got a birthday coming up and I'd like to buy a nice bottle of Scotch...

I've got a birthday coming up and I'd like to buy a nice bottle of Scotch. My first inclination was to get Laphroaig 16 year, but its nearly $100 a bottle. I was thinking more like $60 a bottle. Got any recs? I enjoy both the 12 year Glens (Levvit and Fiddich), which are around $45 a bottle.

Maybe some Laphroaig 10 year?

Check out Springbank

I know it's blended, but Johnny Walker Green is one of my favorites.

any single malt speyside should do.

>Springbank
Thanks user. Looks like there is a 10 year @ $63 a bottle. I wonder if local stores carry it.

How does Green compare to Black. Black is OK, but not great IMO.

What are some examples of a single malt speyside?

>What are some examples of a single malt speyside?
google knows

My dad prefers the green over the blue. I like the green because it has the after taste of good high grade marijuana.

Are you looking for a smoky/peaty scotch? If so, you can probably get Lagavulin 16 for somewhere around your price point, and it's one of the best ones out there imo. If that's not a sticking point for you though, I'd for sure recommend getting whatever the oldest Glenfarclas within your price range is. The 15, 17, and 21 are all awesome. The 40 is ridiculously good but it's more like 300 a bottle.

Unfortunately I live in a state with very high liquor taxes and a state-level monopoly on distribtion, so prices here are really high. As I mentioned Lagavulin 16 will be over $100 a bottle after taxes. A little too steep for my public sector paycheck.

>Are you looking for a smoky/peaty scotch?
No ones looking for a smokey/peaty whiskey.

If you like the Glens try
-Glendronach 12
-Aberlour A'Bunadh (which is a Cask Strength whisky)
-Glenfarclas 12
-Glenfiddich 15 Distillery Edition
or if you want something different look into Hazelburn if its cheap

>No one
Speak for yourself faggot

Highland Park 18 year old single malt..fuckin GOAT

I'll speak for myself AND everyone else faggot

Scotch is a bit overrated imo. Get yourself a nice rye

stop posting alcohol threads you marketer piece of garbage.

Then everyone else has shit taste then.
Bought a bottle of this back in February, shit is fucking delicious. It was a hell of steal too, got it in New York for $95 USD when it auctions now in the UK fo 200 pounds a bottle.

If it has to be Islay get a bottle of Bowemore. They are about 60

I remember a few years back this board seemed to be pretty much universal on Islays. As in, the way this thread would of gone would have been the first reply suggesting an Islay and the thread ending there. Seems a bit strange to be scrolling through this, and seeing the general stance reversed.

Laphroaig is VERY different to Glenlivvit and Glenfiddich. If you are after a smoky Islay then I would probably go for something like Ardbeg 10 or Laphroaig Quater Cask - both extremely high quality, full of flavour, and reasonably priced.

If you want something more similar to what you have already tried but a bit different, have a look at Ben Riach. They have some very interesting expressions and they are very cost effective. Had some of their cask strength stuff in a pub last night and it was great.

Why even bother? Just get some cough syrup and guzzle away.

It's not reversed, there's one stupid faggot shitposting his life away against Islays.

OP, if you can't afford Laphroaig, try Caol Ila. It's not as famous, but almost as smoky. A little less rich in flavor. Nice if you want something clean and simple.

Highland park 12 yrs

Why not go full faggot and drink Glenlivet?

You do know that that shit is peaty as fuck right?

I really liked the glendronach 12 a few years go, I don't know if it's still as good now, though.
Otherwise, look out for something like springbank 10 or clynelish 14.

Anything that's not glenfarclas 12/can burn tbqchwyf.