Stretching

Hey cu/ck/s. I have a few more days 'till payday and I'm running low on food. I need to make a meal with ground beef. Here's what I have in the kitchen:
onions
garlic
rice
red lentils
carrots
a potato
spices

what should I make?

What are the spices and more precise amounts of food that you have?
You could eat beef patties with rice and beans for the rest of your life but I imagine you want some variety.

Mash the lentils, carrots, and potatoes together after boiling them. Use the mash as a base for something remeniscent of a shephard's pie.

I have about a pound of ground beef. As far as the spices goes I have the usual american lineup.
salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, paprika, garlic, oregano, italian seasoning, and prolly a few more.

cowherds pie

interesting idea

I was thinking of seasoning the ground beef with a kinda mexican style and just mixing it with rice (like a taco without the tortilla) but I dont have any tomato. Plain white rice would suck in that dish.

>I'm low on food, all I have is ground beef, a variety of spices, the most popular vegetables used in all western cooking and multiple starches that I can use to pad out my meals
>WHAT DO?!?!

I think our definitions of stretching might differ a bit.

k. Thanks.

Good news anons. I was able to bum a can of diced tomatoes from my neighbor. I'm gonna do this thing .

Your neighbours must really pity you

Ok, starting with the rice
Pot, hot
Butter, in

We borrow stuff back and forth al the time.

Got the rice golden brown and added tomatoes, salt, garlic and red pepper.

Onions and garlic are chopped. Time to get the meat started.

Chili P.
Salt
Black and red pepper
A little oregano
And just a bit of corn starch

That looks like vomit.

Remember that potato I was talking about? Imma fry that shit up nigga

That's cool you have a relationship with your neighbor. Mine beats his wife and cuts public trees down.

Meat is almost done

Muh small frying pan is dirty and I didn't want to clean it. So small sauce pan it is. Frying thisshit in lard btw.

Sorry about the messy stove. Fucking roommates.

Rice turned out a little mushy but its still good

Its not great but its more than edible and very filling.
Bon Jovi Teat!

Having a good relationship with your local community is great. Sorry you live next to trash.

Well done. Now thats practical living. Times like that make a spice rack a blessing. Ya dun good. Be proud.

The overall combo was better than I gave it credit for.

Thanks for indulging me guys. Its been fun.

I got about 3 meals left out of this batch. Not bad. Between this and leftover soup ill be full 'till payday (Wednesday)

Thanks.

Give me a name user, I need a name!

sorry. Just a random pic I saved prolly from /b/

well watcha SHOULDA done

mix the rice, meat, and taters into one composite bowl. then dump salt/pepper, garlic powder, paprika, oregeno, parsley, and red pepper flakes, and then add a dash of vinegar if you have any.

fucking delicious burrito bowl