>tfw dad is getting old
books for this feel?

East of Eden

Oedipus at Colonus

The Passionate Friends by H.G. Wells.

Also Sons and Lovers if you don't mind it being a mother instead of a father

What Remains Of The Day

not really a book but king lear

>Dad's alcoholism ruined his marriage and is going to kill him soon before his shaky hands can hold/drop his grandchild
How about this feel

Krapp's Last Tape
Just a one-act play

This and The Odyssey

The Corrections (fuck you I liked it)

Honestly, read Seneca's Letters From a Stoic. There's one specific letter where he tackles dealing with the aging/death of a loved one and accepting the temporary nature of life and relationships. I wanna say it's "On the Shortness of Life" if you google it it's probably available for free, but Seneca/Stoicism is a good entry level way into the whole not-giving-a-fuck-about-anything mindset and then moving into Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse and the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu will basically fuck you up to the point of enlightenment senpai

I liked it too user. Especially Garry's chapter

>tfw a dad
>tfw precocious daughter has no fear of death because you will go first

Gary was a fairy, Chip a best

>>Wouldn't you say that anyone who took the view that a lamp was worse off when it was put out than it was before it was lit was an utter idiot? We too are lit and put out.

>>Wouldn't you think a man an utter fool for shedding tears because he didn't live 1000 years ago? A man is as much a fool for shedding tears because he isn't going to be alive 1000 years from now. There's no difference between the one and the other.

Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev. The opening chapter is one of the comfiest reading experiences out

Came here to post this.

his diary

>tfw I'm a dad and getting old
Books for this feel?

ask your dad for a book to read and talk to him about it later

>tfw you get your first grey hairs last year from the stress of your mother having her first real old person health issues

FUCK time to grow up I guess

Ulysses.