Redpill me on mayonnaise

Redpill me on mayonnaise.

How is it possible you just pix raw egg with oil, and you get this shit?
Why does it last so long?
How come it doesn't say ''R A W F U C K I N G E G G S'' on the labels?
Why do people buy this shit if it's so easy to make?
How does egg and oil turn into a white paste?

It's called an emulsion, you stupid fuck. Don't they teach chemistry in American schools?

The eggs in commercially prepared mayonnaise are pasteurized. There is a temperature at which you can kill salmonella over an extended period of time without cooking the proteins.

Are you an idiot? Mayonnaise is made from the Mayonnaise plant, it's squeezed out of it and ground into a paste

That doesn't explain shit, mayo.

When I was a kid my brother told me it's made out of fish snot.

What the fuck does chemistry have to do with emulsifying an egg and oil?

Found the "Science is fucking awesome" kiddo from reddit

>common core

>What the fuck does chemistry have to do with emulsifying an egg and oil?
Everything.

You can make mayo without having a chemistry lab you dipshit

That doesn't mean that chemical processes aren't involved.

If I keep posting retarded shit, will you still keep on fucking replying

I hope he will lolol mad Amerilard

The raw egg is actually a reason why commercial mayo is safer than homemade. You can give yourself salmonella etc. if you don't know what you're doing.

Yea... Who the fuk cares about knowledge and all that gay nerd shit

I dont really think emulsification has anything to do with why you dont get salmonella/food poisoning, just why the mayonaise stays stable and doesnt separate.

Im pretty sure commercial mayo is made using pasteurized eggs which are heated up, like said

If you're making mayo or aioli at home, it'll last a week or so in the freezer. It's about one cup of oil emulsified into one egg yolk, generally with some acid (usually lemon juice).

The mayo you buy in the jar has chemicals in it that allow you to emulsify a BUTTLOAD more oil into 9ne egg yolk (if I recall what I learned in school the ratio is 1 yolk to 100 cups.) That's on top of whatever other chemicals are in the oil. Plus, as the other user said, commercial mayo is pasteurized. Thats why is lasts so long, and doesnt say anything about raw eggs on the lable. Same with commercial Caesar dressing.

If you've never made mayo at home tho, I recommend it. Blows the jar shit outta the water.

Meant fridge. Don't know why I said freezer. Don't freeze your mayo kiddos.

>I hope he will lolol mad Amerilard

I come from the Land of Burgers
Where Ketchup does flow with my Chickens Nuggers
Can't you hear, can't you hear my Blubber
You better run, you better take cover

Oh shit im done for now.
No but for real guys. For real how make the best chilli Mayo.
I tried onse with the seeds crushed to powder in a morter. Then I added it in with everything before useing a handmixer or what they are called. It didnt taste to much chilli

If you're concerned about salmonella, it's easy to pasteurize eggs at home. I do it all the time. Let the eggs come to room temperature. Place in a single layer in a sauce pan. Cover completely with water. Slowly heat until water is at 140F and hold at that temp for 5 minutes. Don't let it go over 142F or eggs could begin to solidify. Wa la, salmonella killed.

I'd do 135 for an hour. I know that's a bit longer, but you are much less likely to fuck the eggies up

grab a jar of this next time you want some store-bought mayo. no additives, high egg content, best mayo out there

I thought salmonella didn't die until 138F, but maybe I'm wrong. I like 140F for 5 minutes because I don't have a sous vide and don't want to baby it for an hour.

It actually begins to die at 131/132....I can'd find the graph but basically it shows how long it takes to pastuerize something at X temperature for Y amount of time for 99.99% of all bacteria and such to be killed

132 is like 1.5 days, 160 is like 1 minute

my numbers are probably off, but the general concept is correct; maybe some sciFags or actual Chefs could help me out

Makes sense. Now that you bring it up I have seen that graph somewhere. Maybe on FDA or USDA website.

lol i wuz just pretending dont mind me i dont have any actual opinions of my own LULZ

>wa la

It's voila you illiterate fuckwit.

Literally writes on his journals about America

you euros have the best mayo and aioli

"Mayo" with pea protein instead of egg is the way I prefer to go.

For me, I use kewpie mayo, the superior egg based spread