So what's up with Hot Pockets brand sandwiches? Let us discuss

So what's up with Hot Pockets brand sandwiches? Let us discuss

Do you eat or no? Favorite kind? Overall thoughts? I'm very intrigued

I tried them once
I eat them straight from the fridge

How is that a sandwich?

It says right there it's a taco. But it doesn't look like any taco I've ever had...

Fuck Nestle.

>beef taco flavored sandwiches

But it's not a sandwich! It's obviously some sort of, I don't know, baked good, like a pie or pasty.

Wrong. Don't you know that I'm American. I can read American. It says "sandwiches" on the box. You don't question corporate America. If they want you to believe that Hot Pockets are sandwiches, then you comply.

I see. I am not American, therefore I am not fluent in Americanese.

God bless America and American cheese product.

Guys, I probably will never taste hot pocket, so tell me, how it tastes like?

>user was given Reddit gold for this post

WATER, COOKED BEEF PATTIE CRUMBLES (BEEF, WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SALT, PAPRIKA, FLAVORING, CHILI POWDER (CHILI PEPPER, FLAVORING, SALT), DEHYDRATED ONIONS, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, BHA, BHT & CITRIC ACID ADDED TO PROTECT FLAVOR), UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR (NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID)), PART SKIM MOZZARELLA CHEESE WITH MODIFIED FOOD STARCH (PART SKIM MOZZARELLA CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, FLAVORS, ANNATTO), IMITATION CHEDDAR CHEESE (WATER, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CASEIN, SOYBEAN OIL, WHEY, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF SALT, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, LACTIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, NATURAL FLAVOR, SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVE), ARTIFICIAL COLOR), MASA FLOUR (GROUND WHITE CORN FLOUR, TRACE OF LIME), PALM OIL (WITH SOY LECITHIN, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, BETA-CAROTENE (COLOR), CITRIC ACID (PRESERVATIVE)), TOMATO PASTE, LESS THAN 2% OF SEASONING (DEHYDRATED ONION, SALT, SPICES, GARLIC POWDER, CHILI PEPPER, TOMATO POWDER, MALTODEXTRIN, COCOA POWDER, DEXTROSE, CITRIC ACID, JALAPENO PEPPER POWDER, XANTHAN GUM, DEHYDRATED CILANTRO, NATURAL FLAVOR), SUGAR, SEASONING (WHEAT FLOUR, SALT, TOMATO POWDER, DEHYDRATED ONION, SUGAR, DEHYDRATED GARLIC, RED BELL PEPPER, SPICE, SOYBEAN OIL, YEAST, CITRIC ACID, DEXTROSE, DISODIUM INOSINATE AND GUANYLATE, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR), PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL OIL (WITH SOY LECITHIN), MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, DOUGH CONDITIONER (CALCIUM SULFATE, SALT, L-CYSTEINE HYDROCHLORIDE, GARLIC POWDER, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, ENZYMES), EGG YOLKS, YEAST, SALT, DOUGH CONDITIONER (DISTILLED MONOGLYCERIDES WITH ASCORBIC ACID AND CITRIC ACID (ANTIOXIDANTS)), WHEY, SOY FLOUR, EGG WHITES, SOYBEAN OIL.

Do americans really eat this?

>how it tastes like?

like shitty, cheap, frozen food.

thanks

That's a shitload of ingredients for a """"""""sandwich""""""".

>b-big words scare me

wow i guess that banna was processed and pumped full of preservatives like the hot poky

Nah, it's more like most of that stuff is totally unnecessary.

It's not a worry that those "big scary chemicals" are toxic. Rather it's a sign that this shit is made to be as cheap as possible. I'm concerned about the quality and taste of the food, not afraid that it's going to kill me.

Do Europeans really accept these into their borders?

There are at least 8 chemicals rated hazardous to humans in this sandwich.
How do you not fear death?

the fda says they're ok

i trust my gubmint

So strange. It seems like it would save the corporation a huge amount of money and simplify production if they just used a few low quality food items and spices that were really food instead of a buttload of unpronouncable chemicals. Honestly doesn't make sense to me.

Poster is an american.

(Describing the classic pepperoni pizza)
Kinda salty and of nothing. The pepperoni is slimy and hard iirc. If you pretend it tastes how it smells then it's not so bad.

Lucky Trump wants to gut the FDA for small gubmint purposes.

Well they make the food last a thousand years for one thing.

>There are at least 8 chemicals rated hazardous to humans in this sandwich.

Easy. People eat those things by the truckload and aren't falling over dead. Heck, they're not even bothering to sue. In our litigation-happy society that's fairly meaningful. Thus empirically I know that this isn't a concern at all.

Plus, even the statement "chemicals rated hazardous to humans" is vacuous. In the medical field we have a saying: "The dose makes the poison". In other words, the amount of a given substance is just as, if not more important, than what that substance actually is. There are plenty of "chemicals" which are essential for human life, but if taken in too large a dose will kill you. Stating that a given chemical is involved without discussing the AMOUNT of that chemical is a gigantic waste of time.

Precisely. They throw away the wheat germ when processing the wheat berries too and replace it with chemicals.

Why not keep the nutrients instead of throwing 80% of your harvest away and replacing it? It's not cheaper to do it this way, but it is the law.

America fuck yeah.

when you add more than 50 chemicals to a food item for some reason odds are some of them will negatively impact the taste and your health
yes, you can reduce any food item to a bunch of chemicals
no, this has nothing to do with the fact that shittones of additives and preservatives make food taste like garbage

The meatball and mozzarella ones are great. It's garbage food though.

Beef taco is 2nd best at 280 calories. Only loses out to the long discontinues spicy pepperoni sub.
I eat them for lunch at work just about every day. Only takes 2 min and less than 300 calories for lean pockets and some hotpockets.

Ah, not trying to sound like a tinfoil hat guy, but if it's a law then it seems like the influence of big chemical lobbyists is at play, no? Just a way for the chemical companies to inject their wares into our food, with the blessing of the bribed govt., whether harmful or not.

>American cheese product
Triggered

tbqh with all that fucking sugar a banana is probably just as bad for you. I mean, at least the Hot Pocketâ„¢ has some brotein.

The government owns the company that manufactures the chemicals that the FDA requires you by law to add to all wheat.

Only if you process above a certain tonnage, though. Healthy Harvest circumvents the law by processing lower quantities, they know the wheat is poisoned and they aren't purveyors of bullshit so they wiggle around it and produce unenriched pasta etc.

>Healthy Harvest

Good to know since I make my own bread. I hope I can find it in this backwater where I live.