What's the deal with crayfish?

what's the deal with crayfish?
it's not crab nor shrimp, I've seen in videos that they boil them wih corn and sausages, yet it looks pretty good and I would like to try it.

How would you even eat that, its an entire creature, not even separated meat from garbage

There is no garbage in crawfish, just because you have to work to get the food doesnt make it bad you lazy nigger.

And for op

Make sure to get good crawfish, the bigger the better.
Dont bother with the small ones, they wont really satisfy you.
But if you can get good live crawfish just get a pot of water, add salt and dried dill flowers(like alot) then once the water starts boiling drop the live crawfish in and wait, forgot how long but try not to overcook them or the meat becomes rubbery.
Anyway hope this helps.

Oh fuck I love being Southern. Nothing better than some mudbugs, and then the next day with the leftovers, etouffee or gumbo. Woooo-eeeee.

Why not learn to raise cow, goat, or any furry creature or bird

Whats the deal with black people...

That's what our southern farm lands are for you yuppie homo.

Crayfish we find for free in the creek.

Simple. There's a notch between the head and tail. Pull the head away from the tail there.

Now you have two parts. Suck the head. That's where the spicy juices are. They're good shit. Now throw the head away.

You have a tail in your other hand. If youre an idiot, peel each layer off the tail and then eat the meat. If you're a beginner, peel the first two layers, pinch the bottom of the tail, eat out meat. If you're an expert, just pinch the tail to force the meat up a bit and then eat the meat out.

When you git gud, it becomes one motion and you should be able to eat a bug in 2-3 seconds.

Louisiana here, make sure they are hot as fuck otherwise they taste like the asian buffette ones. Also, the game is "how many beers can I drink before they get done" and if your cooking under 50 pounds your fucking up.

>Dill flower
>Not crab boil

Fuck off Yankee.

I love getting this shit at the chinese buffet. They cook it in some oiliey semi-spiecey sauce. I think the shit is just great. I could go there and only eat that.

I had a crawfish boil a couple times, pretty gross if you ask me. Really feels like eating bugs. At least with lobster they're large enough that you can put it out of your mind.

>Crayfish we find for free in the creek.

>tfw you live up north
>literally your only source of crayfish is in monstrously overpriced packs of like 3 at the supermarket

It's a black """people""" thing

>It's a Filipino thing

fyp

flips love crawfish for some reason.

They taste similar to shrimp but slightly sweeter than most varieties. Coupled with the spices in the boil it's like a spicy/sweet combo. The only drawback is crawfish tail meat is pretty small and you really need to work for that meat.

Never heard of "Filipino." Only seen niggers eat that type of shit.

Cultural thing, people usually not from the southern untied states will find them gross or icky. From experiance though its just like those clam bakes or whatever the hell yall call them. The main purpose isnt reallly to eat but to have something to snack on while you hang out/party with freinds.

>>tfw you live up north
>>literally your only source of crayfish is in monstrously overpriced packs of like 3 at the supermarket

Michigan has four species of crayfish.

Takes too much effort eating them for so little meat

Whats the difference between crayfish and crawfish ?

Nothing. It's just a variation of their name. Others are crawdads, crawdaddies, mudbugs...

I don't find them gross or icky, but usually they are so heavily spiced with the chemical spice packet everyone seems to use in the boil that you don't taste anything but the spice. I mean unlike lobster, crab, clams or mussels which you generally taste, there is no distinguishing flavor other than the chemical spice packet. I've asked LA and MS fags to describe the taste of a crayfish and they invariably say, "Old Bay." Why not just brew a batch of Old Bay tea and eat fried chicken?

>suck the head
>eat the meat out

lewd

>The main purpose isnt reallly to eat but to have something to snack on while you hang out/party with freinds.

this is the point that everybody who doesn't eat crayfish misses and it needs to be reiterated. it's a social event: you get together and cook them and drink beer. it's messy and a lot of work for a tiny bit of meat, but you do all that shit while you're drunk and chatting.

compare it to a bbq, but more louisiana rednecky.

cool story edgelord, but this is also a favorite food/pastime for gulf coast whities

Lowcountry boil is the shit but only if you do it right
>blue crab
>andouille sausage
>fresh corn
>crayfish
>skrimps
>shitload of spices
>lil onion for flavor

Literally bottom-feeding water bugs.

disgusting/10

Mushrooms in the boil are great.

OKAY BUT WHERE CAN I BUY BALMAIN BUGS IN NORTH AMERICA

why the fuck would you eat insects.

t. pilgrim

Im Russian ya fuck face, and if you have good crawfish you dont wanna cover up the flavor of the meat, we use dill more to cover up the smell of the garbage that those bottom dwelling fucks eat and live in.

>if your cooking under 50 pounds your fucking up

>be me, friendless shut-in
>don't get invited to boils or have anyone to invite to a boil
>buy 3lbs crawfish and have a lonely boil
>tfw actually not a bad feel, b/c hey, there's crawfish

See you guys in two hours, I'm about to eat some crayfish.

Do you want to commit to surgery or eat some food?