I just changed the filter in my brita jug...

i just changed the filter in my brita jug, but this time i pushed the new filter down harder than normal until it sort of clicked into place. then when i ran some water through, a load of murky brown shit came out. this has never happened before.

so have i been drinking unfiltered water all these months?

The filter is supposed to click into place.

The murky stuff is normal when you install a new filter, it's just a little dust from the carbon cartridge. You'll always get a little from a new filter.

yeah that's what i thought.

i'm not bothered that i've been drinking unfiltered water, i'm bothered that i've wasted about 20 fucking filters.

You deserve it, dummy.

Damn dude you've wasted a lot of money because you didn't just glance at the instructions

Get a Zerowater. Brita doesn't filter fluoride

>muh fluoride
enjoy your dentures cleetus

>Brita doesn't filter fluoride

Any activated carbon filter, such as a brita, will remove flouride.

Both the brita and the zerowater are foolish though. They have expensive proprietary cartridges. Pic related costs less and the cartridges last MUCH longer. Not to mention you can get new cartridges from any home/hardware/plumbing store. You aren't stuck buying expensive-ass brand name ones.

You picked a weird board to post your fleshlight collection

Except Brita literally does not remove fluoride. Look it up.
I always find it funny how vigourously people defend the government putting deadly chemicals in the water.

Do they make one that is water pitcher shaped? I have a Brita pitcher and would love to get cheaper alternative for it

there is nothing wrong with fluoride

Wrong.

Flouride belongs in toothpaste not in drinking water you fucking spook

No, this is something that you install under your sink. It filters all the water that comes out of your faucet.

enjoy the benefits of a fluoridated body op

how do Brita filters handle dihydrogen monoxide and hydroxyl acid

literally nothing wrong with drinking nyc tap water

Fluoride in water helps small children.

Once you reach adulthood, it is totally unnecessary at best and potentially harmful at worst.

Chlorine is arguably worse, though, especially in places with older water systems where they just dump a shitton in to make up for all the cracks in the pipes. Chicago, I'm looking at you.

I was really surprised that this is true, but when I visited some friends there they said try it and it does taste great. Apparently, they aquaduct it in from a resevoir up state.

I'm not a chemtrail loon, but fluoride in water only helps kids.

It's good for city water, which isn't saying much.

Rural water is shit too, if it's piped in, I'm talking wells. Mine is 300 feet deep and right next to a drinking water resoivor. Shits on any city water by an order of magnitude.

I have my own well too, but my well guy said it was 225 feet deep. Best water I've ever drank. Brews great beer, too. I love it when I empty the tank by watering the garden and it's ice cold coming directly from the well instead of the holding tank.

Do they put fluoride in the drinkingwater of the whole US?