What's wrong with Ree Drummond?

I remember long ago before the Asian fiasco (even though that episode is old as hell), Veeky Forums hated her and on youtube people REALLY REALLY hate her. Give me a good reason why this woman is HATED. Having a smile you think is fake or not liking her "housewife" demeanor does not match the vitriol this woman and her family gets. Is it because they're white and from a red state?

Other urls found in this thread:

newson6.com/story/13908594/senator-tom-coburn-were-throwing-money-away
thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/the-wild-horses/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know too much about her but her cooking seems decent

she needs to relax on the plastic surgery tho

She got famous from stealing people's recipes for her blog and her show in general is fake as fuck. Her husband is like an old money millionaire or some shit so the down home farm stuff is as inauthentic as it gets.

Let's not even start with her white trash cuisine.

Veeky Forums hates her because there's nothing new, interesting about any of her recipes or her shtick, as to why other people hate her it's more or less a variation of .

I know someone from Osage Count, OK and they said everyone hates her because she basically lives in a bubble. She thinks "normal country livin" is owning 400,000 acres of property with a half dozen houses on it (including one specifically for filming) and hiring your own private teachers to home school your children. Apparently she hardly ever leaves the ranch since there's a team of people working taking care of her every day.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So people hate her because she's rich? I thought the massive ranch displayed on the show was evidence enough. And desu with the "health" craze people feel entitled to see on Food Network, it is a bit different from the usual in its own right.

>before the Asian fiasco
I had to look this one up. People are fucking stupid.

Most of her recipes are typical 1950-70's housewife cooking. They are exceedingly boring and uncreative and use typical boring and unimaginative ingredients that she has her minions buy at the supermarket. Yet she pretends she's living like an 1870's homesteader when in fact she's a multi-millionaire. People easily sniff out that kind of hypocrisy and reject the stench.

Why would any of that matter, though? Surely she can still demonstrate old school cooking without literally having a time machine.

It's not "old school" cooking, it's bad cooking. It's cooking that anyone can achieve by going down to your local used book or thrift store and picking up some old church cookbooks, old Jr. League cookbooks, any old community cookbooks.

It's jealousy plain and simple.

I bet a surprising majority of her haters are poor or middle class white women who can't stand that she projects the image of a perfect life plus cooks better than then.

This is exactly the kind of vitriol I'm talking about.

>It's cooking that anyone can achieve by going down to your local used book or thrift store and picking up some old church cookbooks, old Jr. League cookbooks, any old community cookbooks.

How is that any different from 99% of the cooking shows out there? Sure, I can watch Ramsay or Pepin make some fancy French dish, or I can learn the same recipe from and old cookbook?

seemed to be complaining about hypocrisy. I.e. she does "frontier cooking" yet she's not a poor settler and shops at the supermarket. How is that any different than a modern-day person explaining classic Medieval cooking? Or a white guy demonstrating Chinese?

I think the problem is that people see her brand as "city slicker to country living" which gets confused for "socio-economic elite to everyday blue collar wife"

As you said she hasn't tried to hide the wealth at all it's just that people think she tries to when she puts on an accent and says her family works on a farm.

ITT: bitter non-whites

"Old school" cooking would be curing your own meats, making your own sausages, using an abundance of game, using homegrown in season produce local to the region, baking your own breads, and preserving your harvest. Combining those things in creative ways could make for an interesting view. However, watching someone make aunt Martha's favorite potluck casserole? Fuck that.

Why does this feel like a thinly veiled /pol/ thread?

Also the family gets a lot of hate because hey are apparently paid by the government to let wild mustangs live on their land. Nothing people hate more than seeing someone else get a guberment handout.

newson6.com/story/13908594/senator-tom-coburn-were-throwing-money-away

Stupidly, she mentioned this in her blog.

thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/the-wild-horses/

>how is it different?

Because the guy demonstrating medieval cooking doesn't pretend he lives in a 1200's English hovel or castle. And the white guy demonstrating chinese cooking doesn't pretend to be a chink.

>live on farm
>TODAY WE'RE COOKING WITH BEEF I GOT A WALMART. IT'S JUST AS GOOD YA'LL!

I have no interest in her background but she reminds me a country living Sandra Lee.

>by going down to your local used book or thrift store and picking up some old church cookbooks

Or instead of spending any money whatsoever on a cookbook, they could just use the TV or computer they already have and watch Ree's show and read her blog.

You know what was good about her blog, even before she made it big? Production values. There are lots of photos that get clear and close in on each step.

Her family does look creepy as shit though, it's like a forehead fetish convention

People have this weird idea that there's no money in the South or in ranching. An entire stereotype has been lost.

>doesn't pretend he lives in a 1200's English hovel or castle

Why would that even enter into the situation though? The program is about the cooking, right? Who gives a fuck where someone lives or claims to live; that has zero impact on the recipe.

I'd rather buy a cookbook that has old family recipes in it (even if they're shit) than listen or read that dumb bitch's "new take on an old favorite" bullshit. She's the cooking equivalent of a snake oil salesman.

Fucking this, for fuck's sake.

>(even if they're shit)

See this? This is self-defeating resentment. This isn't about the food at all, this is bitterness at someone else's success.

I generally do not like the dumbed down recipes she and most food tv celebrities use

That too. Lots of salt because of rich "flyovers", nothing a cityfag hates more than to see a flyover doing better than them. Same way white people are deeply bitter about black people that do better than them.

Get off Veeky Forums, Ree, no one wants you here, you dumb cow.

Her show might not do well if there was any transparency about killing their cows.

>The shows about cooking
Yes and no. Shows on food Network are about watching people compete in walking competitions with zany rules and about "life on the farm/in Italy/ECT" and a huge portion of the episodes of her shoe is about "the kids are doing farmwork, my housband is heading the cattle, I'm riding horses, ECT"

You couldn't be more wrong.
She is a dumbed down food network "cook", sponsored by Walmart. Her cooking isn't any better than any average housewife.
I'd rather have the cookbooks, because then I can read through and enjoy them, laugh at the bad recipes, and probably fine some gems as well. It's a voyage of discovery, versus listening to some stupid cow on tv with her fake ass "cuntry livin'".
As a matter of fact, I have a whole section of my cookbook collection dedicated to old community, church, and food gore cookbooks. They are interesting, they are historical in some cases, and they're fun. (The oldest one I have is from 1912). That's a much more worthwhile pursuit than listening to that dumb bitch.

I love all of that stuff. There's a little bit of "reality" in everything now.

>I would rather have worse recipes than better ones, as long as the worse recipes came from someone from an acceptable economic background

Nope, it's resentment.

>fake ass "cuntry livin'"

Rural != poor. In fact, many city slickers who don't think they're rich might be shocked how much better they could live on the same dime out in the country.

Just sets the scene and makes it more interesting. People are mad that her "reality" bits are not "authentic" which is dumb because they believe the cooking competitions aren't staged and that reality TV is real.

Or at least, that's what they say the problem is. Truly People are just jealous. And it's almost certainly women who complained about her. Same thing happened to Giada because she was hot with nice tits.

Women are fiercely jealous and vehnomus to each other.

You have very poor reading comprehension skills.
And you're even worse at defending the garbage that is Food Network. Or is that you just have a crush on that old fat ginger?
And by the way, she's from LA, just because she married a rich rancher doesn't mean she's not utter trash.

>Getting downright nasty about a food network/blog celebrity

Whew, you better get started on dinner your husband's gonna be home from work soon.

I'm not the user you're arguing with, but how on earth do you get from to:

>>as long as the worse recipes came from someone from an acceptable economic background

I can think of many reasons why user might prefer the cookbooks:
-they're faster to read than watching someone explain something on TV
-they provide a cultural window that the TV program doesn't
-the provide additional content that the TV program doesn't
-user might prefer to enrich his/herself with a tool (cookbook) rather than entertainment on TV
-the cookbooks will last forever and can be referred to for years to come

How does "resentment" even factor in?

Sure, because only a woman would hate a show on Food Network, right? It's all garbage. I bet you own Food Network branded kitchen shit, too, don't you?

>Being this mad about food network
HGTV sucks too why don't you got to /diy/ and bitch about it there too you dumb faggot.

At the risk of sounding the hipster, I discovered her blog years and years ago, way before she ended up on TV.

I was in my late teens, and she had recipes that were easy to follow, with tons of huge images.

I haven't really seen any of her shows, so I'm not really sure where the hate is, but I'd take a huge guess that she's loving being in the limelight, but not particularly good at it.

I bet you don't have anything because you're a neet basement dweller.

>city slickers
Please die

Please, nigger. I could cook circles around you. And your ginger bitch, too.

>bitching because someone doesn't like your shit tier tv shows
You sound mad, user.

>old cookbooks

I found this gem published in 1913 where all the senators', representatives' and governors' wives are supposed to give recipes to help struggling people use inexpensive ingredients for simple enjoyable dishes. The hilarious thing is, a lot of the recipes are pretentious as fuck!

That's pretty sweet. I have one from the 30s (I think, I'd have to go check) called "The Stag Cookbook" that has recipes from famous actors and politicians from that time, it's pretty funny. I'll go pull it down after I finish eating.

>How does "resentment" even factor in?

Namecalling for one

I haven't even seen much negativity for Giada, other than making her battle Iron Chef with Rachel Ray such a huge deal

Post one

There was a while petition of women looking to get her taken off food network all together because their husbands were looking at her cleavage.

Make a thread, it would be more relevant then this thread.

>Chipotle Mayo
>Mayo
>Healthy

she's cute and i want to fuck her.

but she performs like a robot, so ultimately i am ambivalent about her.

Do you think she takes it in the ass?

>stop liking what I don't like!
Ejd yourself autist

I prefer subhuman nigger scum myself, but it's rude to wish death upon him for his labelling choices