Guys, I made some chicken tendies. What are you having for dinner?

Guys, I made some chicken tendies. What are you having for dinner?

chippies

How grand!

:3

Tims are the best

>Campbell's chicken noodle soup
>Orange juice
>DayQuil

I'm very sick today. What else is good for sick people?

Hugs, spicy stuff.

You didn't make those.

Tea, candy bar.
Dinna fo champions.

How did u do it op?
I usually soak in buttermilk then dredge in flour seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. fuck egg wash

>chips
>posts crisps

No buttermilk. I have a batter AND breading mix. Double dredge. Wet then dry then wet then dry. Deep fry.

gin before bed

whats ur batter recipe?

Let me go grab my recipe book brb

Batter:
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup chicken brother
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup flour

My breading recipe is same as above mentioned.

thanks op im gonna give it a go!

Please do, they are the best I've ever had anywhere and I know you're gonna love it. I also have a couple DANK bbq sauce recipes if you're interested...

yes

Honey Chipotle Sauce

2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon whatever hotsauce you like

Combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer, cook until it reaches the desires thickness.

Goddamn that shit is good.

thanks again op. will definitely try these out!

I found a cute recipe for snack meatballs in an old Justin Wilson cookbook, if they turn out I might have a new recipe for gatherings.

You're so welcome. Post results, I'll be lurkin', waiting to see those tenders...

Lol a cute recipe. That's great. Where did you find the cookbook?

Looks a helluva lot better than you could get at chik-fuc-a or your friendly neighborhood mega-corporate freezer at a fraction of the cost. I commend you. You've entered the realm of intelligence. Try to disguise your identity because many folk don't like that.

Thank you. Cooking has recently helped me out of a super-ultra-mega depression and I have really been enjoying it. These tenders are some of the best recipes I've found, along with apple hand pies and carrot souffle. :) Loving it!

Uh hey yo bro. DM me your dick

Sorry, I don't have one.

Potato croquettes.
Mashed potato, beef, and onion, breaded and fired.
Served with a side salad.

That sounds really great.

Quite good.
I also put some stone ground mustard on top and split a bottle of wine.
Which is my excuse for not being able to spell "fried".
And now I am nibbling on a Reese's egg, because I bought like 20 packages of those fuckers for half price.

You're living it up, my friend. Now I have a sweet tooth. Hmmm

I am having bean burritos.

Microwaved or fresh?

I made some refried beans the other day with lima beans (I know, I know, that's fucking weird) but they were soooooooooo amazing. I have the recipe if anyone is interested. Obviously will work with all types of beans, I just happened to have some lima beans that couldn't be used for anything else so i tried it instead of throwing them away.

Made this cajun stew for the f a m.

Callin it gumbo triggered some co/ck/s.

Damn, that looks tasty.

Oh .. okay... do you have any franks?

should i go get some buffalo wild wings? its greasy salty shit but half off and im kind of hungry.

Post it

Not sure, my mom habitually grabs me something every time she goes to a bookstore or thrift shop so it just kinda fell into my hands
Should be easy enough to order online, it's just an old paperback from the mid 80s. It's a fun book, you can tell Justin wrote plenty if not all the recipes himself.
I particularly want to try his barbecued crab, it's essentially just crabs tossed in a bag with Cajun seasonings then you fry them in fat.

Half off? fucking do it.
Sorry, I sure don't.
1LB pinto beans, soaked overnight
4 whole cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp epazote/oregano
enough water to cover the beans completely

Simmer all that for 2 hours, or until the beans are really soft.

After simmering that you will need:

1/2 cup lard/butter/bacon fat (whatever fat you wanna use)
1 1/2 cup diced onions
2 tsp salt
2 tbs minced serrano pepper(or jalapenos)
1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
cooked beans, drained
RESERVE THE BEAN LIQUID in case you want to thin out the beans later.

melt the lard in a pan, add onion, salt. Cook until onions begin to brown. Add peppers and chipotle. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beans, smash them. If it gets too thick, add a little of the bean liquid. Smash and add liquid until you reach the desired texture. Be sure to salt to taste.

That's so cool, not something you see every day. I never thought about looking for unique cooking books at a book or thrift store...will have to try that!

chiggun and rice

pizza

I had a shit ton of cheese and crackers from this awards ceremony my uni hosted

I didn't actually get an award, I just wanted the snacks. Tomorrow I'm going to some masters program presentation for the free pizza

every time I make chicken tendies it always dries my mouth out like I just ate a pile of salt. should I stop breading it with pure accent seasoning?

Yeah uh maybe stop using so much salt. Lol

That would make a great date. Going to events purely for the free food. Love it.

Pupper approves.

>too lazy / weak to cook
>come to Veeky Forums in order to become hungry enough to eat a shitty canned soup
>eat shitty canned soup

Thought I'd deviate from my regular fried rice seasonings to try a jap one. Bretty gud.

nig it ain't hard to make something as simple as a sandwich you're just

I got you beat. I am legitimately a defective human being, in a scientific sense.

I hate eating. It's a waste of time I could use doing other other things. It makes me angry when I get hungry. It's not a weight loss thing. I just don't want to eat.

I eat most of my foods out of cups so I can do it with 1 hand not detract from what I'm working on. I'll gladly just dump some chicken tendies in a normal cup and pour them in my mouth while I'm doing something else. Using 2 hands or having to sit still to eat and focus on food is like someone forcing you to pay attention to a TV show that you hate.

There is something wrong with my brain that makes me defensive of food, as if it were a threat. I'm only on Veeky Forums because I am looking for gift ideas for my wife, who eats another for both of us but doesn't make me eat at the table so that's fine.

Gee Bill...

faux cheesesteak sandwich

Different but
I cook something for 30-60 minutes but I eat it in less than 5.

>>crisps
>bag says chips

>just
just what????
I'd agree, but it hurts to stand or use any muscles, so I prefer to save my strength

I'm a Bong and I make Frango a Passarinho a fair bit. Translated for Yanks.

Fresh juice of 2 limes
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard (or 2 Tbsp regular yellow mustard)
1-½ Tablespoons salt, plus 1 teaspoon
3 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
5 lbs chicken, skin on and cut into small pieces (or only wings, cut in the joints)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon sweet paprika (optional)
Vegetable oil, enough to deep fry chicken pieces
8 large garlic cloves, minced
3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons or more fresh, chopped parsley

In a large Ziploc bag, mix in lime juice, mustard, 1-½ Tablespoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Place small cuts of chicken inside, seal bag, and try to combine mixture with the chicken as much as possible. Let rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
In another large Ziploc bag, mix flour, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and paprika if desired. Remove chicken pieces from the bag, shaking off excess marinade, and place into the flour mixture. Seal bag and shake well until all pieces are covered with flour mixture.
Heat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees F, shake off excess flour, and deep fry chicken in batches. Avoid overcrowding the pan. It will take about 8 minutes (wings and other small pieces) to 12 minutes (drumsticks and other alike pieces). Place fried chicken bites onto a large sheet pan lined with double paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Meanwhile, toast minced garlic with olive oil over medium heat in a small to medium skillet -- just until garlic starts getting lightly brown. Watch carefully! Remove pan from the heat, let cool a bit, and spoon on top of the fried chicken bites. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve by themselves or accompanied by French fries and chilled beer or other drink of your choice. INACTIVE TIME: 30-60 minutes (marinade). SERVES 4-6 people.