What was the worst food trend in recent memory?

What was the worst food trend in recent memory?

ketchup

Whole grain everything

Tastes like dirt

Nice try, FDA.
Now fuck off.

DELETE YOUR POST NOW OR I WILL HAVE THE MODERATOR BAN YOU!!!!!

Gluten-free.

Putting sriracha in everything.

I was hoping we would've hit peak sriracha awhile ago, but it feels like there's no end in sight.

Increasing portion sizes.

I'm glad everything is getting smaller and more expensive. Your average Joe tends to have no knowledge of nutrition and will just overeat if given the chance.

gluten free

also this dont use aluminum foil shit is pretty dumb. even if it is bad for you, companies are going to find a way to get past certain criteria to make it seem safe again, at least for another 10 years

Veganism

The paninni press roared onto the scene several years ago. It was a fucking grilled cheese.

"I'm glad inflation is a meme and I am paying four times as much for food while my wages are still $7 an hour as they have been for 20 years."

The post.

When they make portions smaller, we just buy twice as many. Let's be honest, here.

>The paninni press roared onto the scene several years ago. It was a fucking grilled cheese.

"The bone-out chicken wings" IT'S FUCKING CHICKEN NUGGETS. You just paid $6 for 8 chicken nuggets!

Putting avocado on everything.

Applying heat and pressure drastically increases the value of coal and sandwiches.

Pizza Hut makes some damn good spicy barbecue nuggies

farm to table
italian cuisine
italian chefs
"authentic" italian cuisine just like the ones nana use to make
italian people in general

>bbq smoked ribs for hours
>medium rare steak
>bacon
>sirrachi

>Sriracha
>"Foodies"
>McDonaldsposting
>Avocado
>Pineapple

what's with white people and food trends?

>Ctrl f
>pretzel buns

Whew I'm glad we still like those and don't consider it a trend

>I hate things that taste good

I get more meat and don't have to fuck with bones.

Bone in chicken wings are a sucker's game.

Fried egg on a burger

>you know what this high protein sandwich needs? More tasteless protein!

Breast meat is more expensive than wings though. Everything marketed as a "boneless wing" I've had was made with whole pieces of chicken, not mcnugget slurry

>not eating half and taking the rest home
holy shit kill yourself

topkek

>gluten free
This one is the worst one because it's not only a stupid fad for twats, but it's damaging for people who actually have Coeliac disease, since companies hoping to hop on the bandwagon and milk pennies from retards started relaxing standards for actual gluten free foods.

this
makes me furious because my stepmum and a good friend of mine suffer from coeliac

Rainbow fucking everything.

Accommodating allergies.

Labeling everything as gluten free. Of fucking course my yogurt, eggs, and coffe are gluten free. Like I am olay with actual celiacs but the bandwagon got absurd when major food labels had to mention it in their marketing, as if people who were scared of their dick flying off didn't know what the protein was.

If this is ever seen as wrong, I don't want to be right.

what's wrong with aluminum foil

avocado is good on burgers though
practically anything is
one time I went full retard and put a egg and avocado on one
I needed a fork to finish it

>runny egg yolk
>tasteless

Cold Brew. It CAN be great, but most places somehow make it sour and even more acidic than regular iced coffee, which is the exact opposite of what it's "supposed" to taste like.

It's so simple to make it home, literally requires no heating of anything, so I don't know why we rely on coffee places to serve it in a beer glass for 6$

I'm also sick of people thinking it's "real coffee" and putting extra shots in it but also cream and sugar and whatever. They just found a way to not taste the coffee at all, and it's cold brew.

mmmmmm nitro cold brew

lactose-free spelt dildos

Plating/Presentation is now 10x more important than actual food quality/taste

Celiac is a meme disease. Ooh you get gassy from gluten, poor you?!?

it results in cramps and bloody diarrhea that lasts all day which can even lead to hospitalization

maybe you should actually look into what a coeliac reaction does to someone

>meme disease
>meme
Congratulations on becoming the most retarded cunt on 4Chinks.

Avocado and making Burgers the end all food.

Celiac is a real disease. "Gluten hurts my tum tum" is a not-Celiac meme.

t.Jenny McCarthy

it's fake shit like food allergies and alcoholism

>Not eating australian style foot high burgers

more like
t. someone who's had to listen to their agonized screams for hours

>people can't die from nut allergies
oh my god

Oh you're just pretending to be retarded. Sorry user, we couldn't tell the difference. Carry on.

Keto diet.

You can be hospitalised from a crumb of gluten if you have it, so fuck off you dumb autist.

>80+ years old
>recent

>charcoal bun for burger
pretty big commotion in my area, almost all burger branches offering it
>matcha was a shit show

Show me where Mario touched you user

"Gourmet" burgers. Just look up the Single Burger experiment

... for real?

>ancient diets

Right. I haven't gone through this entire shit thread, but someone probably mentioned "paleo," which is only 200,000 years old.

Agreed

They'll usually cost less than the bone-in wings and you'll get more meat so honestly it's a win win.

eating more meat then veggies
eating more processed food then anything else

I didn't know australia was under america's rule.

Is that even legal?

I hope people find some sense and end this trend soon. Our #1 killer could be mostly eliminated.

what kind of nanny state do you live in?

Well, for one, bones add flavor. It also feels more satisfying to eat. You don't get that 'processed' kids-finger-food vibe like you do from a chicken nugget. So what if it's 1/4 less meat? Who orders a plate of wings and expects to get full? You'd need 3 servings at least.

Anyway, chicken breasts and chicken wings are entirely textures and flavors. You can't just call a chicken breast a 'bone-out wing'. It's a marketing gimmick where they're trying to appropriate a label (wing) because it sounds fancier than "chicken nugget".

"bone-out wings" are chicken nuggets, not wings. The only thing these 2 things have in common are that they come from chickens. Like porkchops/bacon and hamburger/steak, it's not all the same.

plus your also getting poisenous amounts of cholesterol in even a single egg

Calm down mr. anti-egg

As a meat eater I agree with this. There is no need to be consuming the amount of meat most people in the western world do.

please dont assume my gender

Arugula

don't assume you have to be male to be a mr.

The US, why?

Nigga, why would the act of putting a cocktail in a hollowed out lightbulb ever be illegal? It's fucking stupid, but it's not illegal.

Those are glasses designed to look like light bulbs, not actual repurposed light bulbs ya dingus.

Actually pretty good design then. Don't need to have someone retrieving glasses if they can't be set down, and they can't be roofied with that and the small and obstructed opening.

They'll be hell to clean with sugary residues though.

Turkey sandwiches. They really shouldn't be a thing. Followed closely by putting chicken breast where it doesn't belong, like on Caesar salad and Alfredo sauced pasta.

I would honestly be mad if they served me this. That glass is very thin and I've seen the chemicals that goes into that size bulbs. That is no bueno, even if it's washed.