hating common words is dumb
>i hate the word 'blue', its just so annoying

most people who use the word 'awesome' are reddit tier

or 12 or enthusiastic about something
or an apostle or hymn writer

do you mean in speech or in writing?

both

fucking this

Don't know why but the word 'podcast' makes my skin crawl.

religious use is the only acceptable use

what's an acceptable use of the word autistic?

epic

as an insult or in a strictly medical setting

Is it a word because of the ipod? Webcast or Netcast would be a better word in my opinion.

Yeah, it's a portmanteau of the words 'ipod' and 'broadcast,' right? I think it's the corniness of that. Plus I work with several people who don't shut the fuck up about the podcasts they listen to, so that definitely adds to it.

>legendary
>peculiar

I prefer "ebin".

i've been bamboozled

At least you know people who listen to podcasts somewhat regularly, even though its pleb tier. Most of the people I know read only Harry Potter/John Green tier stuff and listen to no podcasts at all.

Lots of those meme words that get spammed by /r9k/ posters. Normie, cuck, chad, roastie, feels, tendies, reeing, etc.

get out cuck normie leave me alone with my feels reeeeeeeee

Gobsmacked

Observing people use 'ignorant' incorrectly and ironically being ignorant of the fact of it makes my skin crawl and gives me a feeling of uneasy anger that is only possibly paralleled by the use of selfie sticks in public places.

Asshole

I visualise anyone who uses it online as being the stereotypical obnoxious yank irl

What's so great about listening to podcasts? I have a friend who used to listen to podcasts about gadgets, smartphones and shit like that. I considered a pretty lame hobby for a person who buys a new phone every three years.
>But have you heard rumors about next iphone?

temerity

it always sounds out of place. something like gall or audacity would always sound better, but temerity sounds more educated. for some reason is make me angry.

wan

>awesome
I was thinking about this today, actually. "Awesome" and "awful" both have the same root word of awe and both used to be very powerful, strong words which you can still get a sense of when you occasionally see it pop up in, say, Shakespeare's works. "The awesome winds," "his awful majesty," etc.

Now "awesome!" is something your 6th grade teacher writes on your quiz next to the sticker she puts there, and awful is an effeminate and perhaps comical-sounding word used to describe food you don't like.

>like
>I mean
>but seriously, though
>actually
Particles used to gain time deeply annoy me, but it's because I am very self-conscious about everything I say, which often makes me look down on improvised sentences. And transcribing them to written text makes me REEEE internally.

>listen to no podcasts at all
gasp

Because we live in a gray, dying world where nothing inspires awe, positive or negative, anymore

>we

Plebeian desu senpai

I can't stand american phrases and idioms:

>that's baloney!
>cold-turkey
>love me some [insert shit musician]
>nice spiel you got going on
>loving your whole shtick
>tomaydo tomahdo

I know two of those are Yiddish but that doesnt mean many other americans arent using them

Adding terrible bland insults:

>jerk-wad
>gaytard
>turd
>weiner

At least British swears use harsh consonants to better convey

>i have clinical depression so the world is succ

i encourage you to get help

words change meaning over time

>epic

>As someone who suffers from crippling depression.

>hahah i have le depression and love le memes xdddd

>hahaha im pretty edgy fuck degenerates xdddd

>i post on /r9k/ and complain about normies despite having friends and being like 16 lol

devouring the pancakes obviously

>ITT:words that have been misused so much the meaning is immediately butchered every time you use it

Don't be pedantic

thats how language works

That's how it works when idiots use it.

thats an irrelevant qualifier
do you mean "hermaphroditic" when you say bad?

I, too, have become annoyed by constant misuse of "awesome". But you have to admit that in some places, where it is actually used properly, it can be a powerful adjective.

I don't mean it in the sense that the meaning of the word has shifted over time,I mean it as in the way that the misuse of the word invokes a repulsive sensation,causing you to disregard the actual correct usage of the word and the meaning in that context.That only happens when most slightly intelligible people already know the real meaning,and idiots discover the word and maim it,causing everyone else to associate the word with fools and forget the meaning of it.

That's just the process of cultural connotations forming

That's not was post-irony means. Post-irony is closer to a new earnestness. What that's talking about is the death throes of post-modernism.

Satisfying

slide

Just because it's an easily explainable phenomenon doesn't mean it's good for any of us.

>the

i feel like these words detract a certain, finite amount of dignity on use, so i avoid them as much as possible.
>stinky
>smelly
>fart

>shoot the shit
>potty mouth
>double whammy
>learn you
>airplane
>crapshoot
>pick your brain
dumb seps

i did a stinky smelly fart with my stinky smelly fart hole and a stinky smelly poo

>like
>epic
>fail
>ignorant
>literally
>woke
>dab
>Bae
>slay
>fleek
>haters

Ree should just be replaced by *Autistic screeching*

subjective

projecting
false-flagging
bait

irony/ironic/etc.
aesthetic
literally
actually
epic
cult
franchise
underground
meme
influential
avant-garde
existential
world-changing
"touch base"

sounds like you shitpost a lot

The really popular podcasts are really mind numbing but some of the obscure ones are the most entertaining media out there. I don't go to them for intellectual discussion.

"app" instead of "program"

I think aesthetic is a pretty useful word, although I can see you not liking it if you browse /mu/ a lot
>ITT words other boards use

Back cover of my diary desu

Racist
Bigot
Ignorant
Islamophobe
Fart
Lame
Offensive
Problematic

>I wanted my film to start a dialogue that America urgently needs to be having
>There is an active discourse between the film and its audience

Salient. Such a drab word, when it should be all but.

pleb.

>we hate