What are the most Veeky Forums languages to learn for those who are tired of filth that is english?

What are the most Veeky Forums languages to learn for those who are tired of filth that is english?

Russian, then French, German, Spanish, Japanese. Really scraping the barrel after that.

Why are there a lot of empty spaces in Africa?

The only patrician languages are Scandinavian, Icelandic and Romance languages.

Japanese

Africa unironically has very few written languages, and the ones that are only developed a writing system because colonists wanted to understand the languages better.

unwritten languages have very few words and concepts, and "book" is not one of them.

Latin, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian, Japanese

>german
Apart from autistic philosophy, what is there to read in german?

Because it isn't always easy to find the right vocab. For example, the Luganda word for book bitabo isn't there.

Mega pseud alert.

Autistic literature.

Goethe

Koine Greek is the #1 patrician language

> what is Goethe
> what is Kafka
> what is Hesse
At least look around a little more before you shit can my language-fu. :C

>want to learn italian
>but nobody actually speaks it

>want to learn german
>but its soon to be replaced by arabic

>want to learn spanish
>feel like a casual

>want to learn chinese
>oh god that phonology why make it stop please

>want to learn french
>fuck that

>want to learn jap..ahahah

I might just go full retard and study some poo dialect

>this user spent time writing this post and felt it was worth the effort

Uncanny, isn't it?

Lituanian but of course

>over half the countries in africa don't have a word for 'book'

really makes me think

I know that feeling, man. I love languages and yet I only speak my native and English (which is mandatory in the west). My goal for 2016 was learning an extent of a language but none has enough value for me to overcome the challenging parts

They haven't even got the Hausa word for book up there so I wouldn't take this as any kind of definitive source m8.

>>want to learn german
>>but its soon to be replaced by arabic
It appears Veeky Forums isn't so "bluepilled" after all.

>kinige
>nebog
>knaga
>keneke
>kitap

i know russian is kniga, but what are these other languages (in russia)?

I wish Veeky Forums had a Twitter embed function so I could share this news with all my redpilled followers

French>>>>>>>Italian>Russian (god mode)>Spanish>German

So French is definitely worth learning?

Nah, my tastes for language are arbitrary and I am a piece of shit desu.

English is a very good language

if you'd like to think you're better than most of the people you interact with, learn Koine Greek

if you want to read some books, learn the language in which the books your want to read were written

I already had an interest in French but would it be useful for literature?

*you

That depends on if you like French literature or not. Russians have the most patrician literature, I would learn that if I had the time

>Romance
>patrician
>Romanian is a Romance language
The language of cucked sheep herders and serfs, patrician?

t. Cucked sheep herder

African American and/or far left liberal detected. Get over your feelings, and learn how to accept facts, friend.

Romanian is only a Romance language because nationalists in the 19th century tried super desperate hard to turn it into one by stealing as much as they could from French

autism

>but guise, did you know the Babanga language has a word for book?
>it's "bobongo"
I'll bet chimps will invent a hand sign for book too if you left one in their sight long enough.

Not an argument my good pleb.

>arguing against autists
nobody has time for that

So tell me again how exactly you managed to derive from my post that I have autism? Or is that just mindless drivel? It's okay if your people didn't have a word for book, they just never would've conceived of an idea of such grandeur.

Kek

>>waah I'm a baby, I jus cann do it

Suck it up. Grab a language, get a grammar, a book you like, and find some free audio on the Internet.

When you eat listen to something in language, and then write a short summary of what you listened to in the language (something simple like "I watched the news. Islam sucks" is fine when you're just starting). Next use any commute/shitting/gap in the day where you'd stand around with your thumb up your ass time trying to read through your book.

Do one or two simple grammar points a day. If you do this for even a few weeks you'll notice a difference, and if you can continue you for a month or two you'll know all grammar and have a decent pile of vocab to build off of.

Anyone can learn a language.

Yes, French is great for lit and movies, which are basically how you're going to learn unless you live in France

wow, no one is giving the true anwser
>polish
fucked up gramatic will boost your linguistic skills, which will make your think in a more aesthetic way. plus the romantic and modernistic literature is so cool, that you will forget about rest of european literature forever

French-Canadian literature also has a few hidden gems people don't usually care to look for.

>Hubert Aquin
>André Langevin
>Gabrielle Roy

It gets even emptier when you realize that half of their words for "book" are on loan from Arabic or European languages. I'd bet a buffalo nickel that that's the case for Indonesia as well.

French is the most patrician language you can learn. The literature is on par with English, even possibly better in both quality and quantity of works.
It's aesthetic as fuck, the chicks are qts, if you like philosophy, history, poetry, fiction - anything - it's got you covered. French has still large amounts of untranslated literature which will become available when you learn the language (see: Julien Gracq) It's very accessible too, even if you want to read much older works (Racine, Rabelais) The language hasn't changed so much over the past five hundred years that it becomes too challenging to read.

>japanese
weebs pls stop
>german
pure autism
>russian
meme
>chinese
fuck off you won't actually learn it
>spanish
not terrible

Fight me cunts.

/thread

French are tryhard italians

>I'd bet a buffalo nickel that that's the case for Indonesia as well.
Well it's not like their word is coloured blue like european versions, which means that they have the same root.
You fucking cretin

>russian is a meme
>the language that literally spawned the word meme isn't

That's a nice load of bullshit

Yes it would seem that way.
Thank you for reminding me that Canada also produces French literature. Now there are at least three countries I know of that use French. Even though there are nearly 30 that have French as an officially spoken language.

Either Scots Gealic or Irish Gealige. Some of the older works in each are worth a read.

>cantonese
>si
The closest thing to book that si signifies would be poem (詩). Book (書) is syu.

>meme
>not just an english word that dawkins made up

How badly off are the Mongolians that they must resort to eating books?

you're both wrong. meme derives, once again, from Greek (μίμησις)

I meant it figuratively you dips

Romanian, we have lots of psychological analysis books like "Ultima noapte de dragoste, intaia noapte de razboi" by Camil Petrescu, i definitely recommend it

POC don't need pretentious book knowledge.
They can feel the true motherhood of earth directly, and as such their wisdom is much deeper than anything white males could ever comprehend.

can you suggest some cool Romanian minimalist poetry?

There really is no point in investing any time in any language which is exclusively spoken in Western Europe anymore. You have to be marxist levels of retarded to think western europe isn't going completely to shit.
Learn russian, spanish or mandarin.

>japanese
Easy
>french
a bit harder but still easy
>no russian
are you a retard?

>Learning Chinese

>can't even spell gaeilge

Sasanach amach

>tfw speak english, french, spanish, japanese, danish
>tfw learning russian
>tfw can have all that while living in the comfiest country of all time, Canada

>The Chinese are absolute shit, they are the worst human beings
Well, that's true. They're literally insects infesting and eroing the planet

*eroding

It's "ketāb" in Farsi, not "kitab". Based Kurdish has an isolate word, thumbs up

Speaking English and French means you can read 90% of everything worth anything. Lots of German and Russian stuff that is unavailable in English can be found in French. It's really about preference, though, I think that speaking Farsi gives one access to a seriously exceptional canon of poetry that is barely translated at all, and it's not all just old stuff about nightingales and cupbearers and boipucci.

t. Farsi student

Read that whole thing. How terrifying... I have very little desire to ever see China before, but now, I think I'd be content to never set foot there.

>kinige
Yakut
>nebög
Komi
>keneke
Chuvash
>kitap
Bashkir

Russian and French

Spanish just to read Cervantes

Russian, Japanese, Italian
and Latin if you want to be god-tier

>It's okay if your people didn't have a word for book
Oh god he's still trying to argue it...

Don't get so butthurt about people calling you out on bullshitting bro. And try not to get so attached to random pictures posted on here, most of those are bullshit too.

Then you'd have to be very proficient in Spanish. Cervantes's ouvre is quite a difficult read, even for a native spanish-speaker.

>no russian
>are you a retard?
I'm already russian, ceмпaй

>Koine
>Not Homeric
>Not Attic
Yeesh
Sanskrit

loan words doesn't necessarily mean that previously the language had no name for the concept/object.
turkic nations use kitap now, but they already had a name for book, which was bitig/bitik

Mein Kampf.

>globalist

How realistic is the idea that french will re-gain it's status as Europe's lingua franca now that nobody likes UK after Brexit?

You must fight Germany TO THE DEATH

Remarque

>just to read Cervantes

A very small chance since the main force that promotes English today is the cultural and economic influence of the US

>Japanese, Korean and Chinese introduced as belonging to the same family

>petty excuses and gross misstatements
If you were at least conversational in a single of these you would worth more than you'll ever be, stupid, lazy idiot.

Arabic is my second language, so I'm a bit biased, but I really think it's a fascinating language.

Colloquial terms, Spanish influence, and the way the alphabet works are all captivating factors.

>cultural
haha maybe for normies

Niggers can't read

Very small. German first of all has more native speakers. Secondly, most people from Eastern Europe, the Netherlands and Scandinavia are much more proficient in German than in French. Lastly, French is no longer a language taught almost compulsory to the elites of Europe, whereas German is much more useful for economic reasons.

>Lastly, French is no longer a language taught almost compulsory
Clearly neither is English. Boom.

If you note that Chinese has way way more native speakers than English yet is not the goto international language of money, I'm not sure how much cache you can really put into number of native speakers.

Inb4 dialects, I preemptively put forward
>Bavaria/Switzerland
>German
Pick one.

Well then why are the ching chong words and the west african words both black?

How am I supposed to fucking know? I'm not a cartographer, fuck your shit.

normie