See suicidal friend reading Schopenhauer

>see suicidal friend reading Schopenhauer

>see Schopenhauer reading my friend

fucking pleb

when will you niggas actually read schopey?

Give him some Tolstoy.

Even better invite him to join in on Veeky Forums's brand new War and Peace reading group starting next Saturday.

>see my retarded friend reading
nothing bad will happen

>friend

Just as long as it's not late Tolstoy, things should be mostly fine.

>see religious friend reading Harris

>begged friend to return schopenhauer he'd borrowed forthwith when suicidal
he read him later too so he probably sussed that out >.

>see my pet cockroach reading The Metamorphosis

>see my wife reading Joyce's letters

schopenhauer actually made me less depressed

>suicide is bad

>see maman reading The Stranger

is he gonna turn into a human

Fucc

>see my gf reading Schopenhauer

>My papist friend is reading Dostoevsky

i remember readin schopenhauer to my gf right when i discovered him and the bitch fell asleep on me DUMPED HER ASS

>see the child reading McCarthy

Unlikely.

yeah, tolstoy will make him want to kill himself even faster. get the job done with less fuss, too.

I've noticed Schoppy becoming more popular lately, what gives?

He's in good hands, Schopenhauer's pessimism runs so deep that suicide is useless since there is no escape.

>Seeing my African friend reading Fanon.

>see Sisyphus reading Camus

vitamin d deficiencies caused by the season and general shut-in lifestyles of board frequenters.

>Child sister found the Lolita hardcover

/r9k/ has rose to prominence and one of the main boards on this place, arguably replacing /b/ in the Triumvirate of board influence (the other two being /pol/ and /v/ of course), so like how the romans would go to a place as settlers and absorb the parts of the local religion and say that it was actually Jupiter not whoever else, /r9k/-users go to a board and find the thing that reminds them of /r9k/ and meme it, in this case, Schopenhauer, who is honestly pretty /r9k/ (advocated suicide, hated women, nogf). Same reason you see so many Ezra Pound threads lately, it's /pol/acks, because he's admittedly pretty /pol/.

Why is Schopenhauer such a meme machine?

You tell me.

>see my schizo friend reading Hegel

I think I read Zhuangzi, but I might just be imagining things.

kek nice
shut up butterfly

You should tell him to himself

underrided

She probably fell unconscious from all of the blood rushing to her genitals, Schopenhauer is known to trigger female reproductive subroutines because when they see a man delving into the Schop pill they know he will soon render himself immune to her charms.

It's a final gambit kind of thing on their part.

ur pretty smart dude

post more schoppy quotes
i really want to read him but i dont want to read kant

What's wrong with Schoppy? He cured my depression and now all phenomenalism is simply the will as acting agent to my ideas.
The world isn't out there, dude!

But Schopenhauer is pessimistic in the sense that we are enslaved to our desires and that's just heartrending to realize that we will never be satisfied with ourselves. His arguments against suicide are simply pure beauty.

where do I sign up senpai

No they aren't, because his arguments come from fundamental nihilism and apathy. So if a person is already depressed and suicidal, some guy saying that suicide is the futile assertion of the ego past the realm of death isn't going to do anything for them. It only works in the (hypothetical, non-realistic) case of philosophical suicide

THIS

Good for him.Tell him to read Dawkims too.

>all phenomenalism is simply the will as acting agent to my ideas

what? no. you made the classic misunderstanding of transcendental idealism.

>see my sophist friend reading Plato
hmm

>DawkiMs

Do not use improper grammar when speaking of his name

why waste time, energy, and brainpower, analyzing this place?

Why waste anything? Why not just kys?

Took me like 5 minutes of thinking to write this post
If you can't spare that much for a website that takes up a large part of your time everyday then I don't know what to say to you other than kys

kys

>My fetus has been reading David Benatar

>War and Peace reading group starting next Saturday
Oh lord I need this.

I've seen several sociology and psychology papers written about us and the culture we have mantained over the years. Specifically studying /b/ and trying to figure out what the hell was going on in there back in it's heyday

/r9k/ has been a popular board for years now. Its ethos were present on the site even before /r9k/ was a board. I hate this retarded myth that "/r9k/ has invaded." Veeky Forums has been as /r9k/ as it was from the beginning. Schopenhauer is one of the most frequently mentioned philosophers on Veeky Forums and has been for some time. There has been no surge. It's kind of surreal to me that some people have only been here since 2012, 2013, or even later than that. Like this guy who thinks something "was going on" in /b/ in its "heyday." Yeah, it was teenagers trying to make each other laugh. Nothing magical unless you've only been exposed to it secondhand which always finds a way to glorify something

GREGOR

I was stating that the people that wrote their theses about /b/ were trying to decipher it. I've been here since 2006. I'm well aware of what we were and how we worked

Okay, mr oldfag

>see DFW reading Schopenhauer

>Not allowing him to engage in sublimation

This thread is fucking sad.
Schopey was anti-suicide. If you had any understanding of his philosophical system you'd know it.

Schopenhauer didn't advocate suicide or hate women you total pleb

He hated women, but just as much as he hated everyone else (except Hegel whom he hated much more)

>(except Hegel whom he hated much more)

I giggled

best ITT

>See my stepfather reading Lolita

>see my gf reading On Women

>mom gifts me Catcher in the Rye

No worries lads. The thread will be up Saturday night (gmt) for discussion. Get your blankets, warm drinks, and cross your fingers for snow, cuz it doesn't get comfier than reading Russian realism in the heart of winter.

Are you 15?

>he even saved my numerical designation

>see gf reading de Sade