Should I read this book if I love books but hate paedophiles?

Should I read this book if I love books but hate paedophiles?

yes, that's the point

no. watch the movie and cum buckets to this southern princess

yes, this will cure you of your hatred

Yes
It teaches you to hate pedos and love little girls.

>It teaches you to hate pedos and love little girls.
Love little girls? Turning me into a pedo?

which version of the film is best though. kubrick or the 1999 film with jeremy irons?

>hate paedophiles
He fell for the meme

Read it if you love love and love sex but hate what love and sex make you do.

what if im a kissless virgin desu?

And so was I when I first fell in love with that book.
Have you ever masturbated? That's enough.

>kubrick or the 1999 film with jeremy irons?
>Kubrick
>or 1999
gee, I wonder which one is better, sure confounds me, user.

Kubrick is only good if you are autistic. That's why film critics enjoy his pictures so much.

I dunno. Kubrick was great with the mother character, but lo was too old and they didn't do anything even remotely indecent.

It's the only convincing love story of our century.

Kubrick.

Adrian Lyne's po-faced screen translation of Lolita is sentimental when it should be subversive, dreary when it should be comic, and maudlin in a way that almost countermands its central tragedy. Still, its misguided bravery is not without merit—even if the results feel silk-screened. Similarities with Nabokov's writing begin and end with the title. Bizarre.

Do listen to Jeremy Irons' audiobook reading, though. It's great.

They're both shit. The book is infinitely better.

Is there any actual foot fetish in the book?

A bit, Humbert makes a comment about her long feet or something. But nothing major.

Seems legit

Is lolita basically the ITAOTS of literature? Not because they are memes but because they are similar on an emotional level?

No use in hating pedophiles user. We can't help the way we are.

The Ron Jeremy version.

They both miss the point of the book

Should i read crime and punishment if i love books but hate murderers?

Should i read a christmas carol if i love books but hate tight bastards?

Should i read macbeth if i love books but hate scottish people?

Its a great book, and is not even about pedophilia nor is it about desire or obsession, but rather about our immoral relationship with memories.

what? no.

It's definitely about desire, at least in part. Desire is what drives Humbert, no? What kind of character would he be without it?

Should i read my diary desu if I hate myself?

It is within the fiction of the book, but you have to remember that Lolita as a whole is nothing but the embellished memories of mad Humbert Humbert. The desire he describes, the guilt, the love, the exaggerated characters, the coincidences, the Lolita that he so fondly remembers are only a faint shadow of what really could have happened. We as readers are not sure of the veracity of the events in the books because not even Humbert is sure of them.

Ah I see what you mean. You are looking at the book as a whole and I just focused on the detail. Thanks for posting that.

Know any similar books with unreliable narrators?

i was just talking with a girl and she kept telling me how great 99 version is and how she loves it more than kubrick's.
so kubrick's version should be better

I can only think of The great Gatsby and American psycho

I am sure paedophilophobia is a form of irrational paranoia

Pale Fire

If you're fickle enough to be dissuaded from reading an indisputable classic because of its ribald subject matter then you don't love books, user. You like books that mesh with your ethical worldview.

Fucking read it

That book is shit, tbqh. That, and Despair, have led me to believe Nabokov was a one-book-wonder.

>hasn't read Pnin
>hasn't read Laughter in the Dark
>hasn't fucking read Ada or Ardor

How dare you pass such judgement on Nabokov from a place of such inadequacy

Yeah... those all sound meh except Ada so I'll give that a go. What about his essays/lectures on literature?

Try his lectures on The Metamorphosis, I quite liked them; I haven't consumed much of Nabokov's academic work though so I'm not really in a position for an accurate appraisal

Well they're fantasizing about having sex with a 14 year old girl.

i come to Veeky Forums for the heavy questions

"I kissed the yellowish soles of her long-toed feet. I immolated myself... But it was all of no avail. Both doomed were we."

The poem was kind of shit, but the rest is a pretty funny joke about literary criticism.

The Catcher in the Rye

Yes. You will be conflicted and vindicated at the same time. It's a masterpiece.