Getting bored with plain grilled cheese

Getting bored with plain grilled cheese.
What ingredients can improve it?
Mustard, ham, onion?

baby spinach, sauteed

It ceases being a grilled cheese if you add anything to it, MORON.

Stupidest thing I've seen posted today, user.
Go away.

>ingredients define the method of cooking

here in Argentina we call them Tostados and put ham on them, also you can put on them lettuce, tomatoes and boiled eggs on it

sharp cheddar and thinly sliced green apple

Is this actually good?

Mozzarella, basil, tomato, mayonnaise

sounds like it might work, apple goes nicely with salt

Fontina
Baby Swiss
Cranberry Pepper Jelly
Put it on Italian bread
Little butter in the pan
Put that shit in there
Cover
Take out sandwich
Little butter in the pan
Put it back in on the other side
Cover

Take it out and, oh baby, you've got a perfect sandwich

ye boi. always make it with venu de milo soup

Red pepper

Fuck, I'll try it

How do I make spinach not make my teeth feel like gritty dirt

Ham is my go-to grilled cheese addition. This, or other cheeses,mainly goat or camembert.

A grilled cheese consists of only these following items. Cheese. Bread with spread (usually butter). This entire subreddit consist of "melts". Almost every "grilled cheese" sandwich i see on here has other items added to it. The fact that this subreddit is called "grilledcheese" is nothing short of utter blasphemy. Let me start out by saying I have nothing against melts, I just hate their association with sandwiches that are not grilled cheeses. Adding cheese to your tuna sandwich? It's called a Tuna melt. Totally different. Want to add bacon and some pretentious bread crumbs with spinach? I don't know what the hell you'd call that but it's not a grilled cheese. I would be more than willing to wager I've eaten more grilled cheeses in my 21 years than any of you had in your entire lives. I have one almost everyday and sometimes more than just one sandwich. Want to personalize your grilled cheese? Use a mix of different cheeses or use sourdough or french bread. But if you want to add some pulled pork and take a picture of it, make your own subreddit entitled "melts" because that is not a fucking grilled cheese. I'm not a religious man nor am I anything close to a culinary expert. But as a bland white mid-western male I am honestly the most passionate person when it comes to grilled cheese and mac & cheese. All of you foodies stay the hell away from our grilled cheeses and stop associating your sandwich melts with them. Yet again, it is utter blasphemy and it rocks me to the core of my pale being. Shit, I stopped lurking after 3 years and made this account for the sole purpose of posting this. I've seen post after post of peoples "grilled cheeses" all over reddit and it's been driving me insane. The moment i saw this subreddit this morning I finally snapped.

Respect the grilled cheese and stop changing it into whatever you like and love it for it what it is. Or make your damn melt sandwich and call it for what it is. A melt.

Sometimes I like to add caramelized onions.

Depending on the cheese, thin-sliced apples or fig jam are nice too.

rinse it with water before eating, you stupid fuck

>tl;dr longass post
>le reddit top kek huehue
>glad i didnt read it

OP, yes.

use a mornay sauce instead of cheese slices.

actually I looked it up meanwhile and it's an acid in spinach not actual dirt, washing it would do nothing

stupid fuck

pickles. i thought i came up with this first but it's an actual thing. you have to do it on a lower heat than usual though because the pickles are cold from the fridge.
someone said it , i think, but crushed red pepper or just ground black pepper.
this should be spoilered:

ketchup works if you don't have tomato soup around

learn to cook then, i've never got gritty feel when eating spinach.

Oxalic acid is water soluble. Wash it out, numbnuts.

I ain't respecting no 2-ingredient fucking recipe, though. Fuck your bland-ass poorfag fried bread and cheese.

fuck, shit fucking god damn it who let you fucking ketchup lovers out of the playpen? ruin my sandwich with that sweet ass corn syrup baby shit? fuck you

>ketchup
>corn syrup
stfu amerifat

Op here.
Just so there's no confusion I'm not American.

Ham/turkey, or if you want to, bacon (but don't go overboard with it). Mustard I find goes quite well, also add some fresh ground pepper.

Fuck off to Reddit.

>using a reddit copypasta on Veeky Forums

Fritz

you ever try a tuna melt? they're amazing with pretty much any kind of soup. When I'm making them I like to put a bit of pickle brine in the tuna mix too
so good

fried/scrambled eggs

You're welcome

it's iron, nigger

ham, tomato, red onion, cracked pepper is good, maybe pineapple if you have it for a hawaiian deal

If you really want to get fancy, adding some diced garlic to the butter is incredible. Other than that, mushrooms or lunchmeats.

My mom used to add grape jelly. I hated the idea of it until I tried it. Super good.

I like to add a pan seared hotdog cut in half longways and dip the grilled cheese into barbecue sauce. A bowl of piping hot hearty soup like potato or onion or tomato goes well with it and an ice cold beer.

Since when is grilled cheese a method of cooking?

if that pic is yours you could try butter. usually really good with grilled cheese

sliced tomatoes/peppers, artichokes, some sort of meat, garlic, and cheese to hold it together.

Yall niggas need to learn what a melt is.