Can we talk about this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NDS-rtbW5KU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can we not?

I just want to learn about why he is the way he is

sure, he was a hack

is that good enough for you?

Because he was talentless. We good to go, champ?

Naw.

I like his books. Breakfast of Champions is profound. Slaughterhouse-Five is not as good, but has its moments. As for his other works I can't say.

I don't know, CAN you?

No because this is Veeky Forums, not /bio/

Vonnegut is my favorite author by a sizable margin, can someone tell me why im wrong please?

because his writing is shit

you like generic books that touch on very shallow themes in a heavy handed way.

don't get me wrong there are authors far worse than vonnegut, but vonnegut is not that good when talking about literary masters. the more good books you read the more atrocious vonnegut seems in comparison. this applies to many of reddits favorites like murakami for example

Not exactly unless you tell us why you like hims compared to other specific authors that you've read

Otherwise this is just a bait fest that people are already falling for :^)

a good 80% of Veeky Forums at the moment is people who never read, so good luck with that

can you give me an author that's him but stronger?

I don't personally care for catch 22 but it's generally viewed as a better slaughterhouse five

i did not enjoy enjoy catch 22, i thought it was pretty dry and boring.

try Roth and Updike

This but I think he's an endearing guy.

I saw this documentary recently which is as sincere a character portrait of a novelist as I've seen: youtube.com/watch?v=NDS-rtbW5KU

I've read all of his works, really enjoyed his pizzazzy style of writing.

I found Slaughterhouse 5 to be a bit overrated, though I can see why a lot of people find it to be his most important novel.

"The Sirens of Titan" had the biggest impact on me of all his work though.