Best heroes

gods, demi-gods, humans, demons, everything in between are welcome from all cultures and time periods, real or fictional, or again anything in between

>i'll start
pic related, i personally think of him as a hero

zeus, for usurping his ebil father, doesn't matter that he was kind of an asshole himself, at least he wasn t an ancient god who ate new borns

Gilgamesh beats both of those bitch ass niggas

the author function

Prometheus. He stole the fire from Zeus and gave it to the mankind. He's literally the one of the first revolutionary figures of literature

he's probably a commie fuck too then.

>wtf I hate knowledge now

Since none of you faggots will say it I will: Pandora.

If she hadn't opened the box then there would be no hope.

A c h i l l e s
c
h
i
l
l
e
s

Thanks for releasing all those evils into the world

Detsl

The Ubermensch

Also stop talking about fairy tales you fucking cucks

No problem.

Hesiod made her up. She doesn't figure into the real (Olympian, much less Titan) world.

Fairy tales and myths are superior to any story you have ever read.

whichever one will be my gf

>hope isn't an evil since it was in the box to begin with

it's the most sinister evil of all, user.

Does Gilgamesh reward children with presents for feeding his eight legged horse on Yule?

sorry lads, but thor takes this one

Not from a legend or anything, but rather a book character. I find Harry Dresden to be rather inspirational since he shows that even heroes have to deal with rent and life's other more trivial trials.

Cu Chullain
I was always impressed by his determination, especially because he acted by his own power

The best hero in literature is Achilles, easily.

>not Hector

>best hero
>spends the entire book crying about one thing or the other

ILYA MUROMETS

Achilles' superhuman pride and feeling is precisely what makes him the greatest hero. Contrast with the stoic Aeneas of Virgil, who is just boring.

Pan the man

You didn't understand the Iliad. Please re-read it after reading some commentaries.

This.
>"Your speech is pompous sounding, full of pride, as fits the lackey of the Gods. You are young and young your rule and you think the tower in which you live is free from sorrow: from it have I not seen two tyrants thrown? The third, who now is king, I shall yet live to see him fall, of all three most suddenly, most dishonored. Do you think I will crouch before your Gods, so new, and tremble?"

who else but the god of lulz ? he was an amoral faggot, but so are most gods, he however tried to prove their ways to be wrong by essentially trolling asgard and humans alike with every chance. he did it for shits and giggles, but he did good

forgot pic of loki

"Accompanied by massive volcanic eruptions, the Orcs, Balrogs, and the dragon Glaurung completely overran the Elven defenses surrounding Angband, driving far into the south of Beleriand and slaughtering untold numbers of Elves. Fingolfin's kingdom in Hithlum managed barely to defend itself, as the mountains surrounding it provided protection against the flame and magma Morgoth had caused to spew from the Iron Mountains around Angband. But most of the other kingdoms of the Ñoldor were destroyed. The apparent totality of the defeat caused a great wrath and despair to overcome Fingolfin, and he resolved to go to Angband and challenge Morgoth himself to single combat. He mounted his horse and proceeded to ride across Anfauglith with such wrath that it was said that those who saw him mistook him for the Valar Oromë. He rode to Angband, unhindered by any of Morgoth's servants, smote upon the gates of Angband and shouted his challenge for all to hear, mocking Morgoth."