How do i learn to like wine?

how do i learn to like wine?

wine is for nu-males

Helen?

You seen this shitposts about "you don't like beer you just wanna be manly so you force yourself to drink it"?

Well that's literally true for wine. People wanna seem cultured so they pretend to like wine. Some just ask a clueless waiter what suits their meal others go as far as to learn arbitrary terms and phrases to show off at wine tastings.

Regardless of their level of involvement one thing remains true; wine is bitter barly alcoholic dog shit people pretend to like because of cultural prestige.

Mirin?

Ok, I understand the curve when it comes beer and hard liquor...but fucking wine? Does welches grape juice make you gag user?

It is sort of like craft beer in that I will drink what is offered to me but I dont want to get autismal about red vs white and age quality

>Does welches grape juice make you gag user?
Yes. Should I drink some purple fructose syrup?

I only like port or buckfast i cant drink any other

>become alcoholic
>get in situation where only wine is available

>pull flask out of pants

>Well that's literally true for wine. People wanna seem cultured so they pretend to like wine.
You're no different than the cunts that shitpost about beer.
Kys, turbonigger.

i dont think thats true at all. did it ever occur to you some people like that tart taste? Im sure some people think im insane for liking really spicy or sour food.
Let me guess, youre 22 years old and think you have some higher understanding of why people do certain things because you were sitting around smoking weed and figured there no way people like wine because you dont?

>He pretends to like wine anonymously

Lul, you're not getting any points for your oh so refined pallet here friend. No need to continue the charade.

If the contents of a flask you can fit in your pants would be enough to tide you over for more than a couple hours, you're probably not an alcoholic.

See Really, you're not impressing anyone Mr. "I like super spicy food I'm special look at me" No one wants to hear about the time you ate a plate of atomic fire wings my dude.

>refined pallet
I'm not trying to impress anyone, mate; I find the taste of wine enjoyable.
Do you also think people eat salads in an attempt to seem cultured?

Do you think you're fooling anyone? You only like wine cuz you aren't manly enough for whisky.

Enjoy those sour grapes literally.

I have a bra flask, a novelty butt pad flask (it's not comfortable so I rarely use it), in addition to four thigh flasks.

First you have to like milk.

>whisky
You really had me going there.

>he actually can't drink whisky

Wow I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you just enjoyed some fruity 20% grape liquor with Italian food but you're actually a nu-male pansy?

I might have known.

I already know you're messing with me, you can stop now.
Have a nice night whisky poster.
Don't bother responding.

That was a pathetic showing on both sides. You both should be ashamed.

>four thigh flasks
>welllllllll
THE DEVIL BOWED HIS HEAD BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT HE'D BEEN BEAT

>He thinks it's a troll

No my friend. It started as a troll but you've made it very apparent you fit the very pathetic niche the troll was intended for.

I mean..What kind of person calls themself a man but can not even drink a shot of whisky? I bet you drive a 4-cylinder car or even a hybrid.

You start by drinking swill of different varieties.
Then you get better versions of the types you like.
Eventually you won't be able to stand the swill you used to drink.
Congrats, you've become a snob about whatever drink/food culture you got into.

Did you know that restaraunts intentionally price their cheapest wine as the second cheapest because people are stupid enough to think that an extra few bucks will either make it a better wine or will impress whoever they're with if they don't get the cheapest. They rake in that sweet profit margin.

Wine is ok, but don't pretend like there's any difference between a $7 bottle and a $25 bottle.

don't some people like bitter?

>barly alcoholic
idk m8 if i scull 2 $6 bottles it get's me there

Alcohol-related question

I have a handle and a half of Taaka (I know shite as fuck) leftover from a party I threw last week. This week I wanna turn that remaining alcohol into some sort of edible punch. What do?

>vodka
You can make it into just about any flavor of jungle juice. Are you kidding?

Next you will tell me people love the taste of coffee too.

Start by understanding that all white wine is awful pig-swill

try different kinds of wine, see what you like. Go from there. I'd start by picking up a dozen or so bottles with some friends and have a little tasting. Describe what you taste, have fun with it. These days you can get some very decent wine cheaply. I never liked wine until I started waiting tables at a fancy restaurant. They paid for me to go to this expensive wine class with this guy who was a master of wine. Being able to talk about wine is much simpler than you'd think, eventually you're able to start picking out the different notes in a sip of wine, the kinds of fruits or flavors it evokes, and wa la, you now know about wine.

Guess we've found out that anything you're unable to get into is for nu-males, making you this generation's John Wayne.

OP, I got into beer by drinking new beers every chance I had. Enjoying beers has been a years old process, and it's the same for wine. Going out for dinner? Get a glass of wine. At the grocery store? Buy a bottle. Make a habit to drink wine every chance you get. That's the only way to "learn to like" it.

I'm just here for the girl in OP

You don't. Just use gpu passthrough or make a partition

> t. uncultured swine

you have to start with a cheap bottle so you can learn to pick up the notes. go buy a couple bottles of wild irish rose and have them with a nice meal. The good thing about wine is that your body will thank you for it in the morning. No hangovers come when you drink wine. Don't even need to worry about drinking water like you do with other shit tier alcohols. The grapes will hydrate you enough

should I drink red wine for the resveratrol?

if so what brands are good?

Steady on there, Pilgrim. Here in the wild, wild, west we drink nothing but rotgut whiskey straight from the bottle while gunning down Liberty Valance by shooting him in the back, while Strother Martin giggles like a maniacal dwarf.

>we was men 'n shit

>we was men n' shit before there were more than 5 breweries in America post-prohibition.

Veeky Forums shitposters actually believe this

beginners at wine should try something fresh and fruity such as a beaujolais-villages. i have yet to meet anyone who does not like beaujolais

hey now, don't sell yourselves short...
you're both fucking retarded
>if i call him a troll i'll look like less of an idiot!
alt f4 and go drink some water you dipshits, bet both of you can't drink any kind of booze.

kek

lol

Gee, is wine, something that has been enjoyed for millenniums, for nu-males? Hmm...

Anyway OP, if you tend to like bitter things, I started out with Chianti, Merlot, and Malbecs. Also dry white wines are pretty refreshing if you're hanging out on the porch in the late afternoon. Specifically (and cheaply), I like Casillero Del Diablo and Josh in terms of brands. They always deliver.

If you tend to like sweet things more, you can look for Rosé and sweet white wines. I don't like them as much, but they serve their purpose. Also dessert wines are great for people that don't stomach bitter very well.

You can always transition from liking one to the other and vice versa. Wine is really fucking awesome when you get into it. It isn't a secret club or anything, like those sommelier documentaries would like you to believe. Anybody can learn to appreciate different types of wine without being a pretentious snob about it. Also, it makes going to restaurants a lot of fun, provided you have some excess money to squander.

Meh. I like to take 1 or 2 sips, then I'm done. It tastes delicious, but for some reason it gets worse and worse at an exponential rate for every drink I take. I'm happy just getting the initial taste in my mouth.

That dress is gravity defying. Certainly not an article of clothing I'd entrust my drunken self to wear responsibly. If you're gonna get hammered, go for shirt and jeans. Possibly a chastity belt depending on which frat you're going to.

She clearly had no intention of keeping it on for long

Try some Riesling or Tokaji wines, I can almost guarantee you will enjoy it

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>implying anybody can taste the difference between cheap and expensive wine
There is no actual difference in taste besides how much you paid, idiots.

Avoid drinking with women and anyone else that talks facilely about one of the oldest, normalest parts of human culture.

>t. bud light enthusiast

implying this skank wasn't going to whip out those milk meteors after the second glass

Pair it with food.
I literally hated wine until I started using it as meal enhancement

I'm nearly thirty, a habitual drunk, a decent cook and fairly open minded when it comes to drink and food.

I'll drink anything from gin to ouzo, or bottom shelf """blended whiskeys" to the warmest PBR.

I cannot stand wine. My mother has been trying to get me to drink it since I was a child. A glass with dinner is fine, I can appreciate a merlot with a good meal.

I cannot drink it in volume, though. There's something about the way it sits in my stomach. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and experimented with abusing cough syrup. It just feels heavy and sloshy.

Last year my brother took me out to a nice Spanish place that did tapas and had a sangria happy hour special. He drank it like water, but after two glasses I couldn't force it down anymore.

Why user? Just don't like how it sits? Wine drunk is really wonderful

That's pretty much it. Also, in excess it will give me headaches.

I'm not here to shit on any one else's tastes, I'm just saying it isn't for me.

I've tried. As a Romanophile, I feel like a failure that I can't enjoy wine in excess.

What's fucked is that I can drink champagne by the barrel. I love the stuff.

>Wine drunk is really wonderful
I've reached it a few times, mostly when I was younger and didn't drink as much.

The people that say all alcohol is the same are either idiotic or liars. You're right, wine drunk is very relaxing and mellow. Champagne is close, but a bit more uplifting..

Sorry I'm rambling, working on my second drink, just got off work.

Oh no, no problem. I understand that. Some people like different alcohols. I can't stomach high ABV beer very well; I just don't like it.

I'm on my third by the way. Cheers m8

Literally this. When you wanna get fucked up and there's no hard liquor, wine starts to seem like a gpod option. Plus, the more you drink, the better it tastes.

Also great that you're a romanophile. What in particular?

It might be the added sulphites.
It could also be the tannins in red wine. Try airating it, you may feel a difference.

Everyone's different. Love wine. Can't stand beer. Some people love beer and can't stand wine.

When I started drinking I tried different drinks, and red wine is the one that appealed the most to my tastebuds. I see beerfags and wonder how they can enjoy some triple-hopped IPA that makes me gag to no end.

For me, I think it's because I drank black coffee and tea a lot before I started drinking (20 years old), so I got used to tannins and deep earthy flavours, like you get in a dry red wine.

The language, culture, history, military, architecture, I could go on. Started when I began studying Latin back in 2004.

There's just something so intriguing about an ancient civilization that seems so relative and modern.

That's part of what I've gathered. The sulphites, sure, but the tannins are fine by me, I love a good strong cup of tea, even a black coffee every now and then.

I haven't given up on the drink altogether, it's just something I have issues with.

i enjoyed this post

>No hangovers come when you drink wine

you are terribly misinformed

>No hangovers come when you drink wine
Fucking no.

Wine hangovers are second only to cheap champagne and bad, cheap beer.

yeah Im gonna assume it's a joke

drink it more.

that's all. seriously. it's an acquired taste. drink more of it and you will understand it over time.

I went to a wine tasting yesterday. Great experience. I tried like 50 different bottles and met some vintners from Austria, France, and Spain. I learned what ice wine is and found that to be really fascinating.

I'm no expert but if you want to learn about wine they say you should drink it often and read about it. Liking it isn't really something to learn. You either like something or you don't. There is, however an immense variety of wine out there so if you keep sampling different things you're guaranteed to find something you like.

This chick reminds me of this slightly chunky girl that gave me head at a party. She was relentless and high as a cloud it was awesome

>everything anyone does comes with the ultimate goal of challenging the perceptions others have of them.
Some people like drinking wine, some people like making their food unbearably hot. some people enjoy feminine dick. It's a matter of taste, and it sounds like you've never had a chance to develop your own.

White wine is for childish pallets. Red is the patrician's drink. Plain beer is for the common man.
People who like IPAs taste the flavor nobody else tastes.

this is good post

Personally I much prefer to drink wine alongside food, especially white which I don't really care for if I'm not eating something together, but when paired with shellfish I think it's delicious.
Maybe you should try pairing it with other things.
Also remember, wine is pretty much only good when you've just opened the bottle.

>t.delusional retard who loves being ripped off

Well I'm hungover from wine right now

wine taste is subjective
basically all food is
there are retards who eat shit and think it tastes great aka germans

Is that really the case though? I like the taste of both wine and beer. How is beer more manly anyway? Wine has more alcohol content and most of it is much stronger in taste. Also where I'm from wine is cheaper than beer, youth use it to get drunk.

But do you have a feminine penis?

t. delusional retard who trusts double blind tasting tests because HURR IT LIEK SCIENCE RITE?

pseud

Why would you ask this here? You know youre just going to get hordes of "I don't like thing so everyone else is pretending" posters.

Just Google it senpäi, or buy a book about it.

>reading (((books)))
nah

Epic post

Addendum OP, don't listen to people saying that white or red is objectively better than the other. That's apples and oranges, you drink them on different occassions. It's fine to prefer one or the other, but there's still a time and a place for each. E.g., you wouldn't want to drink a heavy red with fish or salad, whites generally don't pair all too well with heavy foods like steak.

I think someone who likes whiskey would know how to actually spell whiskey

>printing press invented by Koreans
>books are somehow jewish

drink a lot of Riesling

Some of the fastest production cars in the world right now are hybrids

Wine is twice as alcoholic as beer you fucking retard.

Such as?

never had a full bottle of burbon hangover I see

The Mclaren P1, the Porsche 918

The electric engine gives instant torque, it makes the car faster off the line, and it lets the companies avoid the high MPG taxes they normally incur.

It all tastes the same. If it's available drink it.

i knew girls like this in college who drink a lot freshman year and start to get fat but it shows in their tits a lot so they just keep drinking and showing off their big tits and they all look good for a bit but they dont change and just keep getting fatter and fatter and it goes to the rest of their body and by senior year theyre not hot anymore and just settle down with some guy with a receding hairline who works in finance

>it all tastes the same
t. eenager

I used to load up that language learning website and drink wine on correct answers for French with a roommate of mine. Sake on Japanese questions is more fun tho. The funny part is we learned the language to drink the alcohol. You need an incentive to get hammy which baffles the al/ck/

so many basic bitches dont realize they are drinking the liquid equivalent of a big mac every night