Does McDonald's™ let it's employees get free food?

Does McDonald's™ let it's employees get free food?

if you're on the line you can just pick at shit all day anyway but i think they give you 50% off a few times a month on a little punch card thing

or at least that was how it worked when i was in high school and my friend worked there like 8 years ago

We make billions a year of course we feed our happy helpers who we value greatly.
We provide a free meal on each full shift plus a dessert and a free side and cookies to our part time helpers.
And of course drinks from our soda fountain are all free while on shift.

This is a lie

Depends on the franchisee. Evey McDonalds I've been to, except 1, let's their employees have free drinks. A small handful gives their employees a free meal for an 8 hour+ shift. Not a single one gives a free meal to every single working employee. All except a small handful give all managers free meals during any shift.
I've yet to visit a McDonalds that fails to meet the 50% for employee meals, but the guy who trained me said it happens.
T. An inpector from head office Ontario, Canada.

Restaurants that charge employees are pretty shitty. In high school, I worked at a Wendy's. We were supposed to get one half off meal per shift, but almost everyone just made their own shit. Only the general manager really cared about that rule, but even when she saw me chowing down on a spicy chicken sandwich while not even on break, she didn't mention it. Another time I worked at a locally owned full service restaurant where we all got full meals for free. I worked in the kitchen and employees could order anything off the menu.
Later I worked as a server in a hip, trendy brewpub where we only got a half price meal per shift. Was pretty fucking stupid and I only took them up on it once. Got a breakfast sandwich that was normally $16 for $8. What a great deal.

Work at a UK branch, in all of them you get free food on your break as part of company policy, franchise or not.

Works on a points system where I am where you get 4 points for your break: Standard burgers (Inc. macs, quarters, chicken sarnies, fish, veggie), nuggets, fries, most drinks and desserts are 1 point, with the promotional and larger items (like Legends, The Big Tasty, the full size wraps, the chicken selects/tendies) are two points

Why should McDonalds employees eat at McDonalds? They know how this processed shit falsy refered to as food is made

Forgot to mention you also get an employee discount card here, which you can use for two meals per order. So if you're taking care of some kid you can take them there for even cheaper

Also worth mentioning, though I'm sure it's already been said, that the McDonald's food in the UK is a hell of a lot better. Proper beef, proper chicken. I'm not enough of an Arsenal to claim it's "quality" but you can do a lot worse for a quick hot meal on the go for the price

Also one of the better places to go if you're hanging in the morning, we do brekkie muffins, brekkie bagels, brekkie wraps/burritos, good old bacon rolls, all that good stuff, and you can grab a Sprite or a coffee or whatever

>wanting to eat at McDonald's considering you know what's in the flood and how it's made

This

One franchisee i worked at let employees charge meals to their future paycheck, WITH 10% convenience tax added to the menu price

Wow! Eight dollars for a breakfast sandwich! A guy could really put away some money with that kind of savings!

Noice

>pay employees $7.25/hour
>take 12% of their paycheck back every day in the form of their meal break

I know you're just being a cunt, but any company that shits on their employees who can barely afford to exist in the first place deserves to burn in a special part of hell.

Agreed man. That original price is so jacked up theres no savings even at half off

Wrong, the one I worked at gave you a free meal for any shift. You also got 50% off on non-shift meals, up to $20. I could come in with friends and get everyone half off as long as I paid.

Couldn't agree more, I worked a month in MC dicks, couldn't take their shitty policies anylonger
>throwing food instead of giving it to their employees
>no free meals
>as a student u get called when they need you, and will send you home if "there is not enough job to do"
>If I can't come I have to tell them 24h in advance, if they don't need me they can send me a msg 30 minutes before the shift (I was already on my way there)
Needlessly to say, they lost an employee and a customer

wanted to agree with this one, holy shit need to stop blazing

Really confused be for a second, champ

McDonald's are a franchise restaurant, each owner is different. I'm 33 now, but in 1997 when I got my first job (McDonald's) I got free meals for working 6+ consecutive hours. Discounts all other times.

Some stores are corporate. The rest are franchisees.

I'm not afraid of the future, I'll eat nuggets for lunch.

I worked as a frycook at Wendy's in college and they'd give you a meal free on your break.

I was in the one along the road from Euston Station recently and it was fucking disgusting.

Aside from that, for a two level cafe, with what looks to me to be about 200 seats at least, they had one toilet open for everyone in the place. A complete fucking shithole, although in that respect, it's not out of place in London.

>considering you know what's in the flood

I worked there for a few weeks over summer break; We got like 7.50 to use on whatever we wanted. Even if I didn't eat there I would always take shit back for my roommates...this was about a decade ago though.

Job is definitely not worth 15 bucks an hour

this is why people steal from their jobs

I work at a McDonald's here in Brazil. Our meat is of the highest grade available and is only seasoned with black pepper and salt. Our buns come frozen from factory and we take a schedule for thawing from our manager that is based in expected sales for the next three days.

The vegetables come from a regional supplier that is the same that supplies Subway.

Really. People that diss on McDonald's food are just ignorant or scumbags. If the server did not tamper with it you are consuming a excellent quality meal. For a "reasonable" price.

>Job is definitely not worth 15 bucks an hour
I'm fucking amazed that there are people who think they should be earning that for working fast food, you actually need to go and find a pretty nice job for that.

I bet you think you should get paid $15/hr working fastfood, you commie piece of shit.

Why would anyone work at such a shit 'restaurant'? I've never had a problem getting work at a table service restaurant and always get a free meal there.

It was one of two things, generally:

At the smaller restaurant's, we cooked a family meal for cooks and servers. At bigger places, you could basically eat what you want, as long as you got your work done. I would cook the servers a meal if they asked (usually in trade for a beer after shift) and always cooked the dishwashers something good, because that job sucks.

Fucking corporate McDicks.

I worked there for 2 years in high school ($5.15/hr woop woop) and we were allowed something like $3.75 for a meal if you worked 6+ hours.
Thankfully the managers didn't care at all about enforcing that so I would make my own triple quarter pounders with bacon and 4 slices of cheese. One for break and sometimes one to take home.
I never got fat and I still like McDick's occasionally

worked there for 3 years.
50% off anything you get
BUT at night/closing shift you could get free shit cause nobody is watching or the manager doesn't give a fuck so long as you don't say anything to the head day people. and the baby small cups are free drinks but they do nothing so buy a large and keep it with you all shift long to refill lol

depends on where you live.
fast food is like factory work, though, but factory always pays better for some reason. I dunno why someone would chose the fast food.

>Why should McDonalds employees eat at McDonalds? They know how this processed shit falsy refered to as food is made

You're not thinking like someone who's financial status requires them to work at McDonalds. Regardless of the quality of the meal, it is free. And that's really fucking important when you have no money.

It probably depends on how serious they are. It seems that McDonald's is usually much more professional than other chains. I work at Taco Bell and nobody really gives a shit; as long as it's not busy and you're not taking it too far you can pretty much make whatever you want. That's probably only because it's a smaller store though, and everyone knows each other.

i've also worked at a not so busy tbell, and unless corp was there no one gave a shit and we could just sit on our phones on the floor

>why not just work in a factory

Have you not read or heard any news in the last 50 years? There aren't many manufacturing jobs left anymore. This isn't your grandfather's america anymore.

Factory could be driving a forklift in a warehouse making more money than fast food.

>I bet you think you should get paid $15/hr working fastfood, you commie piece of shit.
Oh my God fuck you you fucking tool.

he is a fucking idiot for sure, but anyone who says "Oh my God fuck you you fucking tool" is a an idiot also.

What if I tell you that I fucked you're mum?

You don't deserve $15/hr for working at McDonalds.

Yea my friend got 50% off mine while his was free. We did that a few times

>Implying I don't deserve 20

Unless you're a manager, no.

One thing off the dollar menu and a small fry if you work a 4 hour shift. We arent supposed to have drinks but whenever a manager steps away all the darkies in the kitchen would get large dr peppers with vanilla. Shit was fun. I stole so many nugs

>muh pink slime

as long as your not gorging on mcdonalds you'll be fine.

>McDonald's
>excellent quality meal
wew lad
I'm really starting to think this mcdonalds shilling is actually real.

The managers do. When I was promoted to manager I was given a gold card with my name on it, and I used it for free food. I continued to use it for years after I left for free food, only just cut it off lol.

Nope, actually.
Worked there for a few months and my food was only ever half off

Fine, no one else gonna say it? I will. What the fuck is with the McShilling?

(((They))) probably noticed the memes

one free meal per shift

people joke about the mcshilling and then a bunch of people start mcshitposting, which causes more people to joke about the mcshilling. it's a vicious cycle.

>Does McDonald's™ let it's employees get free food?
Here in Brazil the employees get to make 1 burguer of the menu of their choosing for free.

It's not McShilling, McDonald's provides more food (and hence cooking) than any other entity on the planet, so it is highly relevant to this board.

imagine being thiss butthurt

Veeky Forums is a board about food.
don't be surprised if you see threads about food and restaurants here.

When I worked there, about 15 years ago, we got 1 free meal per shift and unlimited free drinks. Also got a card for half-price at any other time.

If there was a tray of nuggets what had it's timer run out we sometimes grabbed one of those too. This one dude tried to grab like 5 once and got yelled at though. Don't think we were supposed to be grabbing any but the manager didn't really give a shit about just 1.

>worked at a KFC franchise a million fucking years ago
>food/lunch policy went right out the fucking window
>eat/drink whatever you'd like whenever you'd like, within reason (no bringing home a 16-piece meal every day), so long as it didnt interfere with work
>spend our downtime making variations on food based on the materials at hand
>cornbread pudding, roasted strips a full year before that was a thing, jello using fruit juice and the gummies from the kids meal, even honey icecream
>had a fucking pancake jamboree one weekend in the back
>christmas party/secret santa for a store of 8 people
>shitloads of weed smoked by the guys in the back after close
>our store was fucking outstanding, consistently the best performer in the franchise because morale was great because everyone was dedicated and having shitloads of fun every day

Probably the comfiest job I've ever had or will have. Shame the company was full of cheap fucks and nepotism and ran the entire franchise into the ground in a matter of years. Every store in the area folded, and mine is a fucking krispy kreme now.