How do you quit drinking and continue writing?

How do you quit drinking and continue writing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XjpuU1Yk5Z8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

replace drinking with doing 125mg cannacaps instead

yeah, great authors have never been alcoholics, only stoners

ask your higher power to give you ideas
seriously

control the drinking and use it to your benefit

>higher power

Write before you start your days (heavy) drinking. If you must drink, just have a bear or two while you work, and when you're done switch to the hard stuff.

>quit drinking
>body used to overcompensating for constant sedation goes into overdrive
>???
>enjoy feverish restless activity and mental instability

quitting booze is being stimmed by compensation

until you collapse into DTs

step 1. Quit drinking
step 2. Continue writing

Hope this helps.

youtube.com/watch?v=XjpuU1Yk5Z8

Go to law school.

Expand on that

Don't quit drinking. Get yourself one of these and start writing while you drink.

>just have a bear or two while you work
Do you tame your own bears or you get them already tamed?

this was not the funniest way you could've gone with that typo

unbearable

it's a start

You don't

If you actually like law school the stress causes you to study and smoke more and you don't have any time for drinking. Once you try to drink again after being sober for a while drinking feels like a waste of time because you should be studying. Every time I drink now I don't know what my limit is anymore and my hangovers are even worse than they used to be.

Interesting. I'm starting law school here in about a month and I'll be interested to see if it's like this for me. Side question:How much time did/do you have in your first year for personal writing stuff. Am I basically gonna be swamped 24/7?

It all depends on how you tackle it and handle stress.

Some people are very adapt to it. They can read quickly and fully understand and remember things in one go. They can put in 4-6 hours a day beyond class and breeze by. Some people work until the library closes because they have family, relationships, friends, or other obligations. For me it was hard on a couple fronts. Im from the city the school is at and so to cut the fat I had to stop being social. At first I thought hobbies like drinking, gaming, guitar, relationships, and tv we're all just going to find their place, but as the semester progressed I had to come to terms with the fact that I had been out of school for so long (4 years) I couldn't remember what it was like to be studious. I've never worked this hard in my life. I've never put this amount of passion and dedication into something before. I skated through under grad. Everyone else is smarter than you. Everyone else is better at some aspect of learning than you, but even still you're going to have to figure out what you need to do to be successful, despite the variety of superiority in your section. But I also see people who are apathetic to it. They're on daddy's money, they go here because they couldn't get in somewhere better, they party all weekend. Those types aren't going to be good at the actual learned skill of lawyering. You want to write and read? Well, that's all you do in law school. You'll have time for your personal writing if it's the one thing you do to destress. I paint miniatures because everything else I try to do either takes too much thinking or socializing, and other hobbys just aren't pleasureable anymore like drinking or watching movies.

Thanks for this post, user. I suppose I'll find out soon enough whether I can rise to the occasion.

SeventeenthPostBestPost

/thread
Who /drunk/ here?

Easy. You quit drinking and continue writing.