Write what's on your mind

Comfy edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kw0f-Dgno2I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my wife's son

All I need in life is a King sized mattress to lay on and nice warm covers and I'd be content

There isnt anything "comfy" about what is in my mind
How can I cure that?

Moby Dick is just homoeroctic garbage. It's on par with 50 Shades of Grey.

I did, but shit threads by your type keep bumping the decent ones off.

Too bad I missed the mod applications

how is little Tyrone doing ?

My hands were really cold so when I got home I put them down my pants to hold my boner. It felt really good, both on my hands and my dick. I stained my boxers with precum but what else is new? I just sat in front of my computer without turning it on, squeezing my dick for about 10 minutes.

I want to fuck a big fat girl until she's wheezing for breath because she's so out of shape.

I'm actually going to fail my wireless communications tomorrow. And I was only three exams away from retirement...

Which kind of fat? Slightly overweight or morbidly obese?

Hitler, Stalin, and Castro were Time's Man of the Year; it isn't an endorsement, it's meant as a recognition of impact

I'd take both of them, honestly, but the bigger the better.

I think I want my parents to die. I think then I could be free. I want to blame them.

Were they ever free? Do they blame anyone?

No-one would choose any of this.

These are the best threads on Veeky Forums, faggot. Deal with it.

Hitler and Stalin were both named MotY before the world understood them for what they were. Castro made the cut after the leftist media whitewashed his deeds. It's an endorsement.

Learn to read, dickwad

Every time I go on Linkedin to compare resumes I end up depressed for days because there are so many people who have far more achievements than me, went to a better school, have higher grades, already working in my desired career after graduating, and 9/10 in physical appearance.

In 1959 the press was a bit bolder, but every cover since then about Castro was complete liberal/right trash

Stealing this for a book

at no point did or would a mainstream American magazine endorse a primary enemy of the state

good picture, though

Day two of being unable to sleep and laying in bed at the wee hours of the morn

Can it get any more comfy?

Tell that to this guy The media was a little better back then, but the red scare was still hampering any real leftist media voices.

its good.

i study, read, and browse while doing so.

Got started with the dying earth series and can't put it down. I finish exams Wednesday and then have all winter break to read

:)

This board is full of casuals.

I just want to lick pussy, is that too much to ask?

Scratching my ass
In hot summer heat
There's nothing to do
But to stroke my meat

summer time in australia is impossibly lonely. thirty five degree days where you feel like you're drowning in the humidity. people bustle about in the stupid heat going to the beach or work or drinking with friends. when struggling through the thick molasses of the atmosphere one feels apart from all that even when involved. it's enough to make you want to die.

I know that feel very well.
t. Brazilian

thanks, makes the 3ams more bearable

I'm at work right now doing a 4-5 hour shift of pulling books from the library shelves with no supervision and going at whatever pace I want

I am listening to 7 straight lectures of Yale's Literary Theory course and zoning out

This is pretty comfy

Yes. Work for it you entitled fuck.

I wish I was motivated enough to finish my erotic Cinderella story

Ok.

Unemployed college grad and still can't find a job. I did all the internships and extracurriculars, but still no offers. Seriously, why the hell did I fall for the college meme? Fuck me. I can't go on being a NEET for much longer.

agreed

is there a decent thought provoking discord anyone can invite me to?

i'll prove myself with a theory.
does anyone else think parasites and small organisms are much more intelligent than humans?? don't they just kill off humans to promote their own kind because we're holding the earth back?
and disasters are the best thing for our planet in general.

The world is filled with pretty young girls yet I haven't fucked any of them

Major, bro?

I can't compete with the hyper-masculine guys that are so prominent in my country.

Women's Studies

Why does it always end like this?
I just want other people to like me...

youtube.com/watch?v=Kw0f-Dgno2I

Wish there was someone to tell me what to do.
I spoke to everybody
but it seems I am dabbling too deep in my melancholy
Even if they try, nobody has arms long enough to reach for me and pull me out

When I was younger it was easier
People were wiser than me
More experienced and eager to guide me

I am a quarter of a century old
And there seems to be no direction in my life
All is just a tangled mess of uncertainty

First I though I'm scared of dying
Now I know I'm scared of living
I looked up to my father but he is too tired to help me
I wish there was someone to tell me what to do

I'd give all my remaining time for a day of my childhood

Give us an excerpt, please.

I'm wondering whether my thesis will make it and provide me the title I've been working for for the past three years.

How comforting, the sound of rain,
That falls upon the windowpane;
While sat beside an open flame,
I smile, for though my clothes are soaked,
From trudging through the forest oak,
I'll soon be warm and dry again

c:

Bump

Damn bro. That's tough.

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young man is a god-tier comfy book and one of the most underrated books ever

gl :)

I want to read In Search of Lost Time for the prose but I'm concerned the English translation takes too much away from the prose for it to be as noteworthy. I want to read the prose of one of the best authors who ever lived and I hope Moncrieff does it a justice so I can accurately study Proust's prose.

I'm resolving to limit my daily intake of this board because there's so little informed discussion and I should do better things with my time than watch people argue for the sake of argument in every thread.

Not to mention all the shitty off-topic bait threads and the /pol/tards shrieking about liberals and "muh white genocide" every chance they get

>1938
>before the world understood them for what they were
What shit you smoking m8 people were pissed about Hitler in 35, Sinclair Lewis wrote a book on it even. Didn't need the 4 gorillion to have understood the grave implications of his rise to power.

It's not poetry, you'll be fine.

Calculus 2 test tomorrow. Very stressed

thanks senpai that means a lot

ay I took my calc 2 final yesterday. Easier than any of the tests we had throughout the semester. I believe in you user.

Look, kiddo. Calculus is just all about memorization. It's purely computational and formula-based. Basically, what I'm saying is that it's impossible to learn a semester's worth of calculus the night before your final.

What are you doing, shifting the collection? Weeding old books? I spend most of my shift shelving, not pulling.

I'm worried about infinite series, currently reviewing improper integrals. Everything else should be okay.

I've been studying integration techniques since last week so I should be okay in that department. Infinite series is scary though.

Is it just me or has there been very few good threads in the past few months?
Influx of reddit? or pol?

I'm thinking I need to reduce my internet usage for a while. I don't really absorb anything anymore, things just pass by my eyes passively. Honestly, I think I do more work just watching the TV. TV is bare minimum. Internet is not even bare-minimum. I end up spending most parts of an hour just flicking between nothing - like I'm opening and closing the fridge the door over and over again but never picking anything to actually eat. I'm only talking really about Facebook and Reddit (don't shoot me) that just allow you to scroll and scroll and scroll. Veeky Forums is not as bad, since there is a limit on how much time you can waste here - especially slow boards like Veeky Forums - and enough of the content is intellectually stimulating enough to be rewarding, but it's still not perfect.

What I do process is all so constantly negative. All my news is just endless identity politics. Some minority you'd never imagined being oppressed in some part of the world you'd never heard of. The other end of the spectrum is just as bad. There doesn't seem to be any in between. Everything else is just ironic memes, so brain-deadening. I'm not trying to appear 'above' all that, it's just overwhelming and beginning to weight me down. And I'm not blaming the platforms, I blame myself for being addicted to them. I could read more, I could read articles, scholarly works, but for the most part I don't, I consciously choose to instead scroll endlessly looking at nothing.

You know, when I was younger I used to make fun of adults who criticised social media. I used to think they were just out of touch and scared of change. But I think they were right. This stuff breeds depression and anxiety. I honestly think there is a real problem that too many people ignore.

Hey everyone, did you hear that!! This guy browses Reddit, lets get him!!

*raises pitchfork*

this is such a reddit reply

How do you know what Reddit is like, faggot?

Probably both, moreso /pol/ and /r9k/. It's easier to shit up a slower board like Veeky Forums than, say, Veeky Forums because it's easier to keep a bad thread alive for days and there are fewer people to call you on your shit.

Honestly, I would recommend using social media sparingly and getting a digital subscription to a major national newspaper, one that actually has a reputation. It helps keep you informed with a bare minimum of spin and actual in-depth articles, and you'll have something for when the craving for stimulation kicks in. I personally use the NYT, but if you think a tiny liberal slant will give you cancer, the WSJ is slanted very slightly further in the opposite direction. Social media sites will legit rot your mind if you aren't careful, though.

Every hour lost hastens Gondor's defeat.

Re reading Anna Karenina.

Such a lovely book. But I just read the part where vronsky, while racing, breaks frou frou's back and it's got me sad. I'm not sure what it means or its significance. "The memory lingered in his heart as most difficult and agonizing memory of his life" ... more so than Anna's suicide?

Thoughts? I am having a strong physical reaction after reading this... My chest feels so tense. Maybe I need to exercise more

I don't know what I want to do with my shitty youtube channel and my whopping 160 subscribers have definitely and totally waited a month for me to upload something from my last shitty video.

Booktube is shit. Let's plays are also terrible (and I have become super bored with video games). I don't want to offer my shitty opinion on movies.

I don't know what to do but I want to do something. Really echoes my life.

Fug it's cold

I need a job

I want to be an intellectually superior being but im mediocre at best.

I also feel like that superiority is too long term acquired in that id have to read too many books of many subjects whilst at the same time being able to fluidly remember them, which is likely not going to happen.

I also feel i need to be trascendentally superior but just by measuring the amount of time other people study and the fact that genetically theres people far more gifted than i am its almost an impossibility.

At this point i feel that only a petty mundane superiority is attainable, which is even debatable.

I cut my nails because they get in the way, the way I cling to my pillow looking for something, anything in order to bring warm to this fragile and cold blooded body. I cling to mi pillow as I lay waiting for the bitter dreams that claim my thoughts when I'm sleeping if I sleep at all.

I want a cute trap girlfriend
I rather have a feminine boyfriend
not gay
I want a body like Arnold
but the hunch in back makes me look like a henchmen
the back of my head is so big
big ego
and am embracing it too much
can't get hard to women anymore
pretty soon can't get hard to men
what is left
dicks not as big as I once thought it was
got smaller after I gained 60 pounds in 1 year
my hand doesn't care
why didn't anyone tell me how great shea butter lotion is

the last week has basically just been one giant sesh. I've hardly even made time to read.

Worried that WWIII will commence tomorrow when the fed raises interest rates

My day today was filled with anxiety, I am scared that my old habits are starting to come back and life is starting to get confusing, like I do not know what to do anymore...

Simple hobbies, and new things have become boring to me, I don't know how to see the light in life. I am not depressed, nor do I have depression but I feel like something in life is missing. This winter filled with snow that brought back my childhood and makes me turn sad to see what I have lost.

What I wish I could be in a different place, different time, just something that is not so horrid as my life right now.

I have everything going for me, but yet I keep throwing away amazing opportunities just because I do not see the point in doing anything. I just wanna be in a nice place, around nice people, away from all the stress. I have always had bad anxiety about feeling trapped in my life. The thought alone of not being able to leave this shit town soon, and having to wait through 2 more years of the same routine of shit feelings has me down.

I feel trapped, and lost...

feel you man, almost word for word except no snow its hot af here

i think i need to stop looking for meaning in every little thing i do. even the simplest tasks irritate me. i get anxious that im not spending my time wisely, but really i am never satisfied no matter what it is i am doing because i am always thinking 'what if'. i always want to be somewhere else, doing something else. i wish i could just go for a walk and let that walk be mindless. instead i am always thinking 'what is the significance of this?' i think i need to find contentedness in boredom. i have to accept that not every day will be exciting. some days i will do nothing and that will be ok. some weeks will be boring and that is ok also. sometimes entire months, but hopefully not too often. i dont think ive articulated myself well.

to keep this Veeky Forums related, have you read the Culture of Narcissism by Christopher Lasch? it describes this condition pretty spot on, IMO. he describes what he sees to be the transition from economic man to 'psychological man' and that modern culture encourages depression and uncertainty. i identified a lot with it.

I will give it a read, glad I am not the only one that feels this way.

I try not to even though I feel like it, to give up.

I just gotta' keep doing what I'm doing, and hope for the best.

Trump is my president.
Nobody reads.
Nobody knows how to cite a source or define a term.
Gender pronouns and social media.
Pseudosciences

If only people had the decency to castrate themselves.

As you can tell, i'm a hit at parties.

Those are all great talking points at parties

Thanks to this user, historical pessimism is striking again in my mind.

There are ideas that can't be expressed via language. One of the greatest joys of life is sharing ideas and there are some ideas we will never be able to share.

I had a comfy day the other day which I wrote about in my day journal (perks of no good friends or family). I'm only putting part of it. If you guys like it enough, I'll put the rest.
This morning, I woke up the way I usually do- to an alarm set 15 minutes later than what it should have. The alarm comes stock on my phone and plays an uplifting melody similar to One to Joy. But I still need my steaming cup of morning tea before I can glaciate to my car and surge to work. Slipping from bed and readying a mug with water from the kitchen faucet, I place it in the oven until I hear the timer sound. I pull the hot mug from my microwave and stir a tea bag around the brew as I make way towards the living room window, realizing it was left partially ajar last night to let out a musty, skunk odor which had burned it's way into my lungs. Slanted blinds hang two feet above the window sill. The screen outside the glass isn't set properly, and the window opening, for the most part, leads directly outside.

I stand before a picture of the street below, staring into the light of a lamp post illuminating the corner of the block as I slowly and loudly suck tea over the faint whistling slipping through the window's lips. Nothing of interest catches my eye as I stand in place in front of the glass for a minute or two, enjoying the company of the three foot tall radiator which sits guard, day and night, just before the sill. A thick plume of steam licks at my cheeks before I take another sip of the drink, set it down, and close the window to shut out the morning air's depressing extremities. Turning away from the frigid foreshadowing, and making my way back into the kitchen, I steal a glace at the time strobing on the head of the stove. Green, boxed numbers flash at me 45 minutes prior to when my alarm had gone off on my phone. I take one last gulp from the tea, and place the mug near the sink as I drift to the car and accumulate myself towards work. The light of the dash glows dimly across my face as I notice the 'Change Oil' indicator again...

I had a comfy day the other day, which I which I wrote about in my day journal (perks or no good friends or family). I'm just posting the beginning of it. If anyone wants, I can't post the rest later:
>

This morning, I woke up the way I usually do--to an alarm set 15 minutes later than what it should have been. The alarm that sounds comes stock on my phone and plays an uplifting melody similar to 'Ode to Joy', but I still need my steaming cup of morning tea before I can glaciate to my car and surge to work. Slipping from bed and readying a mug with water from the kitchen faucet, I place it in the oven until I hear the timer sound. I pull the hot mug from my microwave and stir a tea bag around the brew as I make way towards the living room window, realizing it was left partially ajar last night to let out a musty, skunk odor which had burned it's way into my lungs. Slanted blinds hang two feet above the window sill. The screen outside the glass isn't set properly, and the window opening, for the most part, leads directly outside.

I stand before a picture of the world below, staring into the light of a lamp post illuminating the corner of a glittering street and the adjacent yards as I slowly and loudly suck tea over the faint whistling slipping through the window's lips. Nothing of interest catches my eye as I stand in place in front of the glass for a minute or two, enjoying the company of the three foot tall radiator which sits guard, day and night, just before the sill. A thick plume of steam licks at my cheeks before I take another sip of the drink, set it down, and close the window to shut out the morning air's depressing extremities. Turning away from the frigid foreshadowing, and making my way back into the kitchen, I steal a glace at the time strobing on the head of the stove. Green, boxed numbers flash at me 45 minutes prior to when my alarm had gone off on my phone. I take one last gulp from the tea, and place the mug near the sink as I drift to the car and accumulate myself towards work. The light of the dash glows dimly across my face as I notice the 'Change Oil' indicator again...

My girlfriend broke up with me because she said I was making her emotionally jaded. She hated how I was kept talking about how doesn't read enough or how she chooses to watch TV over decent movies. Also other stuff that she was probably well within her right to point out (ie that I've become a boring person).

I'm now living in the middle of some shitty town with nobody around. Working in a crappy Christmas temp job until my lease expires so I can, I dunno, move back in with my parents.

As a result, I'm trying to figure out a different way to live. I wanna drop being critical (and writing critically) in favour of being more emotionally open and writing fiction. I'm also seriously considering going back to Uni to do a Master's in Computer Science as I'm depressed about the way my life has panned out and how I have absolutely no money.

Also, I've had to stop paying attention to media because I'm so down about everything to do with political and cultural discussion.

As a result, I've found myself coming back to Veeky Forums and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

idk if it's worth the effort to into aristotle ive got pretty deep into nietzsche and aristotle is the only philosopher i can come up with to combat his ideas but idk maybe i should shift more to literature and give up philosophy

i don't get career ambitions. i'm not saying i'm above working, i just don't get why i should need anything more in life than art, learning, and a few close relationships. my friends are trying to make it to the top of their fields and my parents want nothing more than for me to do the same, but all i want to do is laugh at shitposts, read good books, and listen to my favorite music.

ignoring all the sadness up top, i'm literally sitting at home happy that the holidays are almost here. last school term went well and i couldnt ask for anything more

Well, Im still not sure if I made the right career choise after all

I graduated earlier this year and im a pharmacist now. The wages are completely shit, which is my main problem. I dont fucking know if I should be looking into any other field, I am a terrible student after all in a way. I think Im not a dumbass in understanding shit, but if I dont have a steady routine in my life, I fuck up every time. Being in uni was a nightmare for me, I never went to lectures as I wasnt forced to, however in 2nd uppendary school (the one before uni, aged 16-19) I had the best time of my life. I was required to show up, but the study environment was somewhat close to uni.

How do I stop being a piece of shit unless I am under pressure? If theres no consequences for not doing something, I never do it. What the fuck.

How can people bear writing in their native languages? Whenever i try writing in Swedish i just cant put my thoughts into words, its so much easier in English. I acknowledge that im not very good at English, but it just makes my text seem more serious and mature. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, this is fairly common. You're probably just less good at judging the quality of English, harder for you to realize how bad and cringey your writing is.

Fuark, I was a biopharmaceutical science major and I dropped out my last year with the same problems you have. I was listening to Peterson lecture and he mentioned that no matter how hard you try to consciously focus and be interested in something, if you unconsciously don't like it/want to do, it'll never get done. I sort of feel my whole university career was me trying to force myself to be interested in something and at the very end my unconscious finally snapped.

Why do anons shit on Ayn Rand so much? She has some good philosophies and some bad ones like basically every human being.

“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies, making that person one’s master, condemning oneself from then on to faking the sort of reality that person’s view requires to be faked…The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on…There are no white lies, there is only the blackest of destruction, and a white lie is the blackest of all.” - Ayn Rand

Is objectively good advice.

I should also say that I tried looking up why but this is all I found.

Primitive technology goes into the woods half-naked and builds mud huts for his million+ subscribers, so you could try that

link it dude

I am writ