Tfw you have to kill the lobster yourself if you want it to have any taste whatsoever

>tfw you have to kill the lobster yourself if you want it to have any taste whatsoever

feels bad man

now you know how it feels to be chinese

Don't eat any food whose death upsets you.

ok,

>feels bad to kill even when you eat all the meat

Yep, that's called being an empathetic human. As a hunter, the worst part of the whole thing is the kill. But boiling a lobster or other waterbug is the closest most people will ever get to assuming responsibility for their carnivorous choices, so it has value.

I agree. Problem is, I'd feel bad right after I killed it, and it would fuck up my concentration and thereby fuck up any lobster dish I would attempt.

>not enjoying the torturing clanking of the lobster against the sides of the pot as it boils to death

How can you not just whip it out and start beating it furiously right then and there?

>worst part about hunting is killing
who told you this? killing it is a thrill. even if its just a rabbit or something its a little thrilling and fun.

if you are going to get this emotional about that animal death become a vegan. But please, dont brag about it

His thrill-of-the-hunt gene has been completely bred out.

>Yep, that's called being an empathetic human
Humans never felt this way. Only in the last .001% of our history have a tiny fraction of humans started to feel this way.

The absolute BEST FUCKING PART was the kill, as it meant your people would live to see another day. You're aware they didn't have trendy supermarkets full of kale until recently right?

My neiegero

>lobster
>taste

>OP can't kill a mindless sea bug, possibly the furthest removed creature from him on the fucking planet.

When the grid goes down I can't wait to watch you weak fuckers starve.

Nice. Edgelord comments from kids who wouldn't know which end of a rifle to hold against their shoulder.

>where did you get that idea

From hunting deer, rabbit, squirrel, quail, pheasant and turkey for meat and seeing them die, knowing it was by my hand. I take solace in the fact I butcher my own meat and use every scrap as well as the heart, liver and tongue.

>eats meat
>can't kill a lobster

you are a fucking
H Y P O C R I T E
you should go and cook yourself

Lobster is just oversize shrimp at 8x the price

Why anyone bothers with this shitmeat is beyond me

Freezer it first

Dont be a retard the thing about hunting is killing. It may afect you the first and second time, but you get used to it

Have none of you fucks ever had a pet bring you half dead animals you have to finish off so you don't end up with entrails strewn all over the carpet or holes in the walls? Do it a couple of times and you get used to it.

You're fos. I've killed more wild animals than you'll ever see for meat, and I feel the same way, somewhat sad, every time.

For some reason, probably because you all are false flagging libtard vegans, I suspect I really need to ignore you fucks. Ironically, as a hunter of my own meat, I'm still as leftist as you can get.

Yeah it is ironic that someone who gets emotional over killing a wild animal calls himself "as liberal as it gets." Oh wait, no it isn't.

then kill it humanely
do research on where its brain is
stab that with an awl/chisel
( /k/ here - or pop it in the brain with a .22)

toss it in the pot

critter didnt feel it, or wasnt much aware of it, it spasms out but thats just the body dying, its not feeling that

there's nothing wrong with a humane kill

that lobster isnt at the bottom of the ocean where it belongs, its never going to crawl through the freezing silt of the ocean floor again, its not going to get the benefit of its pincers back which now have rubber bands keeping them shut

put it out of its misery bud

if you think liberal is interchangeable with leftist you oughta stop giving opinions

Here we go. Le intentionally pretending to conflate classic liberalism with modern and relevant leftist liberalism.jpg

Ignore the edgelord fucking retards. Take solace in the fact that you are superior to them due to higher levels of empathy.

Most of these losers are r9k-tier manchildren who will never accomplish anything other than wallowing in their own misery for the rest of their pathetic lives.

ITT:

>edgelords who think killing things is cool

>retarded hicks who don't understand that societal norms and the pacification of society living in the post industrial state shape why they think killing animals for food is "bad"

this thread really made me think

I spearfish and grab lobsters and I have more trouble killing the lobsters than the fish.

The worst part of hunting is hauling and dressing and cleaning up the mess (you do clean up after yourself right?).

False.

You can cook it alive. Great taste.

tf

lobsters LITERALLY do not have the capacity to feel pain. They don't even have brains, but maybe, just maybe, you don't either, OP.

lobster brains have opioid receptors. they produce endorphins.

why would they have those if they didn't feel pain?

pain is not necessary for pleasure, my good man

If you're going to cite that you may as well say plants feel pain, because they also react aversively to noxious stimuli. Point is, if your food can't articulate a symbolic/abstract way of saying "stop, I don't people to boil us alive" you should be able to eat it.

Lobsters, cows, dogs, are all no different than carrots, compared to people.

I can't tell if you agree with me or not from your nonsensical post.

>not collecting your own

I love that I can walk into the sea and pick up something that someone in japan would pay 80 dollars a kilo for. Where I live it makes economic sense for some of the catch to be flown straight there alive, and that's nearly 10,000km

Retarded leftist hick checking in, again.

I don't quite understand why it's my responsibility to justify /r9k/ and /b/ level thought processes based on some amorphous conception of "industrial" society. I grew up and came to fruition in an industrial society similar to what those fuckwads sprouted in with a layer of empathy encompassing much of my interaction with the world. Why don't they have it? Was it because I was reading Steinbeck (inb4 Steinbeck, lol, what a shit writer) in the 7th grade? Just what creates or fails to create empathy? As much as I despise it, it damn sure ain't muh, industrial society, doing it.

Love when people claim that they scream in the pot. They don't have the means, they don't have lungs or a voice box lol. It's water escaping from inside the shell.

I think this myth has done a lot for people to infer that they feel pain. But really, they die fast as shit when you drop them in. I don't see it any worse than dragging a fish out of the sea on a hook, letting a suffocate for a bit while you arrange to stab it in the brain or cut it's throat.

No one seems to care much for the fish. Even less for insects on land. But they do for what is basically a sea insect? Yeah, I blame the screaming meme.

Chuck it in the fridge so it can slowly cool down and "go to sleep" if it makes you feel better.

Wrong. Throughout all known history and prehistory only 5% of humans, psychopaths, did 50% of all killing. It's against human nature to enjoy killing

Veggies are murder.

>Sadness over a bird killed, but no sadness over a fish killed. Lucky are those with voices.

Just think of them as really big bugs

Not to mention the screams. The fucking things scream. That's so brutal

lol you're delusional kid