Do you read when you eat? I'm trying to stop watching TV while I eat but reading while eating seems like a pain

Do you read when you eat? I'm trying to stop watching TV while I eat but reading while eating seems like a pain.

>watching TV while I eat

I eat mussels dipped in butter when I read.

What else are you supposed to do?

Devote all your attention to reading. Read faster or pay closer attention if it makes you restless.

ok thanks

"ok thanks" a shit, he's memeing you hard

jesus christ op, you thought this was worth making a thread?

should I read while I eat?

what insight into this question that you lack could lit possibly have?

>watching tv

I think there's certain foods you can do this with. Any kind of soup is good, also helps if you eat at a slow pace.

I know. I like to respond to obvious memeing with new sincerity. I literally wear a plastic bracelet with letters inscribed "WWDFWD" and embody the change I want to see in the world.

lol you have my respect then

You gotta have a few books in your collection that can be held open with one hand, or get/make a book stand type setup.

Man that sounds tasty as fuck

Yes

how long does it take to turn a page?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I do but I don't want to get food on my books.
Cool photo of Gary Busey, do you mind if I save it?

No and I don't think it's worth it. It's like mixing sex and food, it all ends up cold, sticky and making a fucking mess.

Reading and shitting though? That's quintessential and you should have something at hand usually with short chapters. Think poetry collections or the bible.

It is a pain because every time you glance back from your food you have to briefly find your place again.

>book stand type setup.
The thing I hate about these is the very real possibility that the book will fall forward and splat into my meal.

the pic has it set up too far awar; it's for close reading, so it takes some time usually a page per meal