Cloud Atlas

Is this worth reading? The girl next to me on the train was telling me what a great writer he is.

It's comfy, and split up into short self contained stories. Why not download & read the first three chapters and see if it's for you?

That's asking to much of OP. No one on Veeky Forums actually reads.

It's trash for the adultolescent liberal who has money to blow.

So it's the liberal equivalent of a MAGA hat?

that somehow strikes me as unlikely

Pretty much, but the coin spent doesn't go to a deserving cause but end up in the pockets of you know who.

How mad are you that Shillary lost?

fuck you prigs

wawawiwa, I didn't know people this repulsive existed

I'm actually pretty happy. I attacked the hat as a commodity, not the candidate.

Why are you saying fuck you for offering practical advice tailored to your personal enjoyment of literature? I see the appeal in it, so described it as comfy. Thematically it seemed shallow, so I dropped it before finishing. In lieu of knowing why you read or what you want to read, I did the best I could, user.

Nice Hitler dubs

The movie gave me a lot to think about. So if the book is just half as great, it's worth a read.

Kinda off topic, but has anyone read the other David Mitchell's (the comedians) autobiography. I heard it's quite personal and I don't want to reeeee from finding it too relatable to my shit life.

Thanks!

>Why not download & read the first three chapters and see if it's for you?
>That's asking to much of OP. No one on Veeky Forums actually reads.
This board is not only for discussion, it's also meant for questions about others' opinions, so stop breaking balls to OP with your unbearable attitude like you were the superintendents of Veeky Forums

The book was shit in my opinion.

Idk if it's looked down upon to have a positive opinion here but I really love Cloud Atlas. That said, the first half of the Adam Ewing story is the first section of the whole book and easily the most boring so I would advise you to power on if you begin to get bored by that but the reast of it (especially Letters from Zedelgehm) is fantastic imo.

>mfw Killary supporters are STILL THIS mad

I said it was comfy, so stop breaking balls to me with your unbearable attitude like you [are] the superintendent of Veeky Forums

>turbocharged autism

It's not a "great" book, but it's good and well-written. You can't really judge the author's style until you finish the book since each "era" represented has its own protagonist with a more or less unique style. I don't think reading the first few chapters will provide enough of a basis to judge the book as a whole.
Because of this, there will be parts you'll hate. Everyone I've met and read the book has an "era" they hate. X is too drawn-out, Y is too fast, Z is too offbeat, etc. Consider this if you're one to give up on a book easily.

You can judge the author's style pretty well by chapter 4 you dip.

>People making fun of me=autism
You do realise when you insult trump supporters you only encourage them and rightfully so because it's not an argument

good discussion about the book in this thread

It has a good theme and set of morals to dispense: generally not to be a predatory dick to the people/groups in society who might be disadvantaged and/or oppressed.

A pity that that still needs to be taught...

This guy is probably right from an intellectual point of view.

But I thoroughly enjoyed Cloud Atlas nonetheless, and I recommend it if you want to enjoy it.

If you like Murakami, then you should read Number 9 Dream. It's my clear favorite of the three Mitchell books I've read.

The third, Ghostwritten, is good too. It's very similar Cloud Atlas, and perhaps more relevant these days, despite the fact that it's older.