What are some depressing (by normie standards) sociological / philosophical works?

What are some depressing (by normie standards) sociological / philosophical works?

Anything that is anti-progress, anti-life, anti-society, and so forth.

Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

aamulehti.fi/ihmiset/pentti-linkola-pitaa-kuulolaitetta-enaa-metsassa-lintujen-takia-ihmisten-suhteen-toivo-on-menetetty-23944877/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linkola is by far the greatest thinker in my country. If you enjoy reading him, give Industrial Society and Its Future by Ted Kaczynski a try.

Thanks, I have read Industrial Society...along with Ted's letters and other books about his life (Secret Life of the Unabomber)

But Linkola is very pro-life and pro-society?
Not the kind of life or society we live in but still

Otto Weininger

The Turner Diaries

Peter Sotos

>sociological / philosophical works

He is the kind of life-affirming dude I can like.

>"What to do, when a ship carrying a hundred passengers suddenly capsizes and there is only one lifeboat? When the lifeboat is full, those who hate life will try to load it with more people and sink the lot. Those who love and respect life will take the ship's axe and sever the extra hands that cling to the sides."

The Bible

Sotos is definitely doing sociology

True, but OP said normie standards.

>works

I watched a translated interview/news segment with this guy and was surprised at how friendly he seemed.

fair enough

Yeah, he seems genuinely quite nice, and is pretty relatable at least for me. Too bad he's getting so old, he was interviewed in TV show a month or two ago and it was very clear that he's getting too old for this shit.

>sociology

this -->

The interview with the measuring of trees? Kinda excited for his biography, was it coming out this spring?

Nerds are so deep.

>Kinda excited for his biography, was it coming out this spring?

is this a Finland only thing?

What

When Prophecy Fails, Festinger et al

It will definitely be translated to english and swedish at least

CIORAN is the man you're looking for. He's hilariously (imo) depressing.

Also maybe Thomas Ligotti, any anti-natalists, logical positivism is pretty depressing, Schopenhauer's kind of a mopey bitch, and basically any sociological book that talks about the shittiness of the human race in any respect, and there are many such respects

But if you're really serious about being depressed, just sit indoors all day and browse Veeky Forums

>just sit indoors all day and browse Veeky Forums

Being humiliated in social situations was more depressing tbqh
this is just a comfy kind of melancholy

>if other people know things I don't I better dismiss them as virgins!

Humiliated how? It can't be that bad. And the truth is user, people think much less about you than you think they do.

Cioran is my man

Mrs. Dalloway, I suppose.

No, it was a talk show about the collapse of society, with a short documentary about a guy (not Linkola) living a pretty primitive life. Linkola was one of guests in the talk show and that was the only reason I watched that program. Afterwards I almost hoped that I didn't, because the whole show was pointed towards vapid normies; the hosts didn't really take the subject or Linkola seriously.

I hadn't actually even heard that a biography was coming out, or if I had, I didn't remember.

Linkola is bold, but I'm starting to like it. Do you know of like minded authors?

Well, I already recommended Kaczynski in the beginning of the thread. I enjoyed reading Industrial Society and its Future and I think Kaczynski raises some good points. While Linkola is an ecofascist, Kaczynski is more an individualistic primitivist, but overall there are great similarities between them.

Unfortunately, I can't really suggest any more similar authors at the moment. However, I did just today order a very hefty bundle of traditionalism from Amazon: The Way of Men, Ride the Tiger and Handbook of Traditional Living. As far as I know, these books aren't really that similar to Linkola's work, although there are probably some similarities. I can't really say, as I haven't read any of the books yet, but I'm pretty sure that they look at things from a little different perspective. If you're interested, however, find out about them.

While you asked about authors, I'll give a couple of names on YouTube as well. First, Primitive Technology. It's a Australian guy who builds stuff from scratch in a forest. His videos are extremely comfy. To be honest, Varg Vikerness is somewhat of a tool on certain things, but I still find some of his videos informative. He is a neopagan leading a traditional life. Search ThuleanPerspective on YouTube, if you're interested.

How do I get into his work ? And what is his best book ?

(as in two books : his gateway and his best )

aamulehti.fi/ihmiset/pentti-linkola-pitaa-kuulolaitetta-enaa-metsassa-lintujen-takia-ihmisten-suhteen-toivo-on-menetetty-23944877/

This was the interview with the tree measuring I was talking about earlier, it also mentions the biography
Sad to see how frail he has become just in a few years, lets hope he dies peacefully without much pain

he only has one book translated into English (dunno if that's your only language)

maybe Paul Shepard and John Zerzan, though Zerzan likes to get into some intellectual jerkoff territory here and there.

Thank you.