Work at a brewery

>work at a brewery
>delivery kegs and cans because we self-distribute
>browse Veeky Forums and filter it so every thread that has "beer" in the OP goes to the top
>find daily threads about how craft beer is nothing more than a blue pill for the goyim to consume to up their estrogen levels and convert them into neckbeard nu-males that will make themselves extinct by never getting any pussy and thus eradicating craft beer as a whole
>tfw I read stuff like this and go to work the next day and encounter 40+ people that have full time jobs and livings because of craft beer

Why does craft beer evoke such hate from Veeky Forums? I grew up on food related forums and never even saw this much disdain from anti-vegetarians and anti-vegans. Howcome when someone makes a beer, everyone is fine with it, but as soon as someone cares about how that beer is made, it immediately becomes a ploy by the jews to eradicate cucks? I just don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

theaustralian.com.au/life/food-wine/redoak-special-reserve-deemed-best-beer-at-the-international-beer-challenge/news-story/dd01e9bf83dd669b07bf2a34fd950103
australianbeers.com/beers/piss/piss.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm pretty sure it's just one guy.

So, do those 40 people get pussy and have kids, or is it just a nu-male circle jerk up in there? Sounds like it.

Nice blogpost.

>So, do those 40 people get pussy and have kids
Do you?

>nu-male circlejerk
pretty much

Alt-right shut-ins are nothing more than shitheel hypocrites. They will shun local businesses, community events, locally produced food, traditional crafts and trades, and traditional symbols of masculinity because "hipsters" beat them to many of what should be the core values of any traditionalist. Instead of creating their own businesses and communities in these spaces they reject good values because they are actually only interested in sef-pity and contrarianism, the politics is an act.

>Why does craft beer evoke such hate from Veeky Forums?

Because 99% of them brew coffee infused marmalade egg lager with toast esters but couldn't consistently brew a simple pilsner or amber ale to save their fucking lives.

Every famous beer is famous for consistency and reliability, not for being brewed with strains of yeast cultivated from some hipster assflap's beard.

So take your Yerba maté flavoured top fermented pilsner with lingonberry juice and cream of sum young Gai and stick up your hipster cockdock, you throbbing anal fistula.

Ps pls no bully

I guess it is the same for most hobbies. I think the tipping point is when people with weird hobbies start to criticize people that don't care e.g. "Ew I can't believe you drink macro beers, what garbage."

Beer snobs and hipsters, who subsequently have turned craft beer into a meme.

I have sympathy for both sides. I like good beer. On the other hand, beer '''''culture'''''' is just as if not more insufferable as linux '''''culture''''''. If it's mainstream, it must be bad. If it's pleasing to the taste buds and not aggressively "unconventional" it must be bad. Good beer exists now, therefore all other drinks are obsolete. These are actual things that people in this community believe.

Shuttleworth said something recently about loonix fags that really could just as easily describe craft beer fags if you just swapped a few words:

>“I came to be disgusted with the hate on Mir. Really, it changed my opinion of the free software community.”

>“I used to think that it was a privilege to serve people who also loved the idea of service, but now I think many members of the free software community are just deeply anti-social types who love to hate on whatever is mainstream.”

>“When Windows was mainstream they hated on it. Rationally, Windows does many things well and deserves respect for those. And when Canonical went mainstream, it became the focus of irrational hatred too. The very same muppets would write about how terrible it was that iOS/Android had no competition and then how terrible it was that Canonical was investing in (free software!) compositing and convergence.”

>symbols of masculinity

I think this is the real reason they hate craft beer. Historically, at least in the US prior to prohibition, local microbreweries were everywhere. The men building this nation in the 18th, 19th and early 20th century drank craft beer and were hardly nu-males.

The ones labeling craft beer drinkers as feminine pussies don't understand history and are projecting their insecurity with their own masculinity onto others.

Yes.

The better question is WHY women don't find you suitable to procreate with.

Lack of non-horse transportation in general meant pubs had to make their own beverages, also preservatives to keep beverages shelf stable in a non-temperature controlled environment like a train or boat. Massive factories were dedicated to infrastructure, factories dedicated to luxuries came after the mans work was done.

Oldest brewery in America (Yeunling) makes pig-disgusting swill.

Alcohol is a JEWISH concept to make men effeminate and lazy.

>microbreweries were everywhere
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha

Pretty much this, alot of CAMRA are just as insufferable as hipsters but I do enjoy talking to someone who cares about beer
t. brewer
tl;dr Veeky Forums can't accept people enjoy different tastes

t. AB-Inbev shill

Alcohol and caffeine fueled the industrial revolution in the Western world and enabled sickly/destitute people to overcome their shortcomings and conquer the entire world. Drunken debauchery is the reason a vast majority of the people posting exist today. 14th century hairy/unwashed box doesn't sound too appealing to me, one would have to be drunk to enjoy that.

Lol, no, you're fucking stupid

The alcohol reward mechanism is a biological relic from when pre-human mammals foraged for fruit. Fallen overripe fruits with a small amount of alcohol in them were the most bioavailable and the animals that ventured onto the forest floor to retrieve them were better off than the ones that didn't

The idea that gin-drinking street people from 19th century london are why we have GPS and wikipedia is a ridiculous NEET fantasy and you should be ashamed

While we're on the topic, no, ancient beer didn't cure diseases nor did the alcohol kill germs. Boiling kills the germs, and ancient people were much less stupid than you

You are both overlooking the JEWISH hand in all this. Schlomo Shekelstein makes big money with all these men and women buying alcohol. And it gets them addicted, even mildly, so they keep coming back to waste their money and lives on it.

So Schlomo gets to kill more white goyim and make a profit off it.

theaustralian.com.au/life/food-wine/redoak-special-reserve-deemed-best-beer-at-the-international-beer-challenge/news-story/dd01e9bf83dd669b07bf2a34fd950103

What part of this off topic nonsense disproves the fact drunken, malnourished, and sickly people floated across the planet from Europe and decimated the entirety of every civilization they came across, then built their own to better suit their needs. Before Islam poisoned South Asia, all Semitic peoples enjoyed the benefits of alcohol.

Go back to your containment board faggot.

Indeed there are some shitty micro-breweries that are inconcsistnt from batch-to-batch. Sometimes these breweries hit one out of the park and sometimes they fall flat.

But, faggots, like it or not, there are some screaming good American Small-batch IPAs on the market that are establishing a new bar for what "good beer" is.

The irony that you don't seem to get is that the "craft beer is a meme" whine has become a meme unto itself.

Now shush.

despite, not because

might as well claim that HIV put neil armstrong on the moon because it jumped to humans around that time

Woolworths owns Sail & Anchor, it's not really craft beer.

>4000+ breweries in the 1860s
he's not wrong

Yeah well bravo, my point is that I drink a wide variety of beer from both micro and macro, and that simplicity and consistency is massively undervalued in the craft beer industry.
One of the most enjoyable microbrews I ever had was 'Piss'. And they made two beers: Piss and Piss Weak' the low alcohol version.
australianbeers.com/beers/piss/piss.htm

But craft beer is the thing that's pleasing to the taste buds and gassy macro lager is not. This simple but important fact is what you get wrong and is destroying your entire argument.

People with extreme or exclusive opinions are annoying, no matter if its craftbeer,coffee,wine,cigars,sport,gin,whiskey... it literally doesnt matter what the topic is.
Getting all religious about a certain thing you enjoy shows a bad trait of your personality, if you feel the need to establish a superiority over someone over a simple pleasure or hobby, it gives away how empty your life is and how stupid you are to not notice how unreflected you are. Its different if you have someone with whom you share a passion for something, but if its as "inyourface" as many craftbeer enthusiasts are towards people that dont give a shit,theres nothing redeeming about it.

>"Ew I can't believe you drink macro beers, what garbage."

This here is *always* the point at which the majority lashes back. When the minority group starts getting uppity. The problem with being in the minority is that most will not be content until they make their group the majority.

Tale as old as time. I imagine it's some part of human nature that we just can't stop.

bc 90% of craft beers are IPA swill, which is the easiest baby beer you can make and it doesn't matter how much you fuck up because it's just gonna taste like hops anyway, and bearded hipsters will chug it and act like their tastes are sooooo refiiiined but nah ipas are shit tier garbage and anyone with any resistance to peer pressure can admit it to themselves and order ANYTHING else

Zing

what region is your brewery in? california head brewer here. glad to see someone else in the industry.

See
Be gone

Testicles

How does that disprove the point? Microbreweries (or pub breweries) are an American tradition clearly. Are you implying that shit like Bud Light is somehow more American because they have big factories and distribute all over the place?

>have a new brewery
>finally get my first beer made
>taste it
>taste like crushed aspirin soaked in skunk spray
>fuck I gotta sell this to make money so I can make more beer
>label it IPA
That's how IPA was born.

damn man. must be fun to be you. happy friday.

Your absolutist view is just as bad as the retards who suck every IPA down like it's liquid gold. It's hard to make a good IPA, you're right, but the good ones do taste good.

Pubs making their own beverages is European tradition and not Americana. At all. We don't have traditions that aren't an embarrassment, like NASCAR for instance.

Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC has been brewing beer since 1852, so...yes, Budweiser is more American.

>more American because they have big factories

This is really the point. These girlish men that suck at the macro tit believe if something isn't produced on a massive scale using bland, flavorless ingredients and techniques designed to appeal to the largest volume of people who have no taste, it's somehow exotic, scary or foreign, not american. It's true of much of american food culture too when you get out of urban centers.

>mfw able to enjoy cheap swill and microbrews
git gud niggers

How is that more American than people brewing in their homes or pubs which has been happening since (and before) the creation of the USA?

Same. Veeky Forums has a real problem with applying a tribalist mentality to random things. It may genuinely come from autistics

Literally every tradition we have that can be traced back to colonists is a """European""" tradition, if it took hold here and still exists, while also taking a uniquely American skew (which I'd say micro-brewing fits all three categories) it's pretty fair to say it's an American tradition.

See
Capitalism and the products coming from said financial institutions in the Republic of America, are what makes America, America.

Why are you directing them to my post where I make an argument against macros? I agree with their positions.

>cream of sum young Gai
mah nigga

You're not a real capitalist if you're anti small business.

They're missing out.

I like how you're pretending "craft beer" doesn't have a slippery definition that changes based on the agendas and insecurities of the neckbeard whining about pisswater

man, this thread went to shit real quick.

Asking retards to defend their positions usually isn't a good way to start a thread

Real Americans don't drink beer, craft or otherwise. They drink rotgut and pretend that it's whiskey. Fact.

>OBSESSED: An Inside Story

>beer tastes like crushed aspirin in skunk spray
>fuck I gotta sell this to make money so I can make more beer
>label it IPA
>It actually flies off the shelf, does phenomenally in every taproom, and beer journalists and critcs are revering it for it's balance and impeccable flavor
>have enough self-awareness to question the authority of my own taste buds since everyone else seemed to like it
>Decide that hops are simply an acquired taste that I have yet to acquire
>Decide not to shitpost on anime image boards about food and cooking
>Decide not to pound the keyboard every time someone likes something I don't like

This is kind of like an Aesop fable tailored for you.

I didn't have high hopes for it. I really dislike the anti-craft-beer shitposting that goes on whenever someone on here makes a thread about it, but now it's become so absurd that there are 4+ active threads against craft beer on this board, so I made a shitpost of my own and what do you know, 55 replies and counting

>small business
>produces enough products to be sold nation wide

Local brewing companies have successfully combated every issue when it comes to distribution and freshness. An IPA that it meant to be enjoyed fresh? Stone takes it from Escondido, CA to North Carolina in less than a week. The only ingredient in beer that tends to denature over time is hops, so most beers can sit for 6 months or longer. At that point it's just a matter of storage space.

At the brewery I work at, we have a cooler that we can store our entire inventory of packaged beer in, but it's usually maxed out. We manage this by packaging or kegging beer on an as-needed basis, meaning our fermenters and brite tanks usually have a beer in them that is ready to be packaged at any time.

>balance and impeccable flavor

Lolwhut nigger, American IPA's are infamous for their excessive hopping and bitterness, not a balanced palate.

>muh baseless, cherrypicked exaggeration will make people agree with me!

It is

Fellow burgers might be triggered, but Vancouver beer is way better than Portland in both diversity and quality.

>beer journalists and critcs are revering
Ever heard the term pretentious cunt?

every craft beer I've had that wasn't a dark beer tasted like fruit juice

Portland isn't even a top beer city in America. It is notable for being an early adopter and was one of the best in the 90s, but its nothing worth talking about anymore

Vancouver and BC beer in general is actually pretty great

I like the idea of craft beer, and I like some craft beers. I hate a lot of the culture surrounding it, which tends to cater to assholes. If it isn't plastered in a label designed to get the attention of Guy Fiery fans, it's usually an attempt at recreating an old recipe that turns out OK, but not great, or something like pumpkin spice stout.

You never met any straight-edge kids in middle school, OP? That's who posts it here.

Thats a really specific and narrow view of craft beer, its such a tiny portion of it that it amazes me you've latched on to it. Craft beer is marketed to normie 20 something guys

Infamous among who? You? IPAs dominate among America's critically acclaimed beers. They're also the majority of beers that get imported from the US.

>IPAS are excessively hopped, says me. Don't go to Beer Advocate and filter highest rated beers in the USA, or ask a person out in the real world what their opinions on IPAs are. Let me just echo my opinion into my own ear until I'm convinced everybody feels this way.

Do me a favor and post a picture of the craft beer section in your grocery store.

Maybe next time I go. There are surely a handful of fucking dumb labels like Three Floyds, seems like the most common labeling scheme is much more minimalist though

Remember though, there are some 6000 craft breweries in America, you can find all sorts of examples of good and bad stuff, most of them are pretty much just normal ass stuff

Also, yeah, then you can get into the beers that don't even taste like beer anymore.
Like the apple martinis of the beer world, catering to those who don't like beer or are "being initiated" to beer, but want to be a part of the craft beer thing for some other reason. But then, that is a small part of the market from what I've seen.

Yes, and, as I said before, most of that
>normal ass
stuff is just an attempt at recreating an old recipe that only turns out OK.

I'm just talking about labeling schemes, not the actual beer, but to that point there are a lot of craft breweries making old recopies that you just couldn't find elsewhere, the trend has brought a lot of formerly obscure regional old european styles to wide availability in America to the point where you can get better examples of the styles in random grocery stores in America than where the style was once common
As for labels, it seems like most new brewers just put their name and style or beer name on their cans or bottles with a color scheme, very minimalistic

>I'm just talking about the labeling schemes
Well I'm not, and it was stated before that my view is very narrow and that I have latched onto something. It's like a cognitive dissonance with some people.
>the drastically different hops breeds equal better examples here
Having tasted a lot of the OK stuff out there, I disagree.
There are some that manage to adjust and make some very nice beers based off old recipes, which are some of the ones that I like.

I wasn't even talking about hop breeds. America has developed some delicious hop breeds, and that part of the reason the best beer is made there, but thats mostly relevant to the pale ale/IPA category, thats not at all related to the trend of making old forgotten styles common and delicious again
Also, you specifically mentioned "guy Fierrie label design", which is what I was previously referring to with the label discussion, you brought that up

Your view is narrow in that the things you associate with craft beer are a really tiny fragment of the market. They are things that definitely exist, but are in such a small minority that you look rather silly whining about them

Most people here like it, if you actually read the threads you'll see most people there are pro-beer.

Copypasta from a pamphlet. How pathetic.

Its just one faggot. Ck beer threads used to be pretty good up till this faggot reared his head.

The IPAs are nuanced and don't beat you over the head with hops (generally, there are some shit breweries). Sours are fruity and flavorful. Dark beers are rich and warm, not just a vehicle for high AC.

>posts picture of the most overrated brewery in the country

>Trusting Veeky Forums when it comes to beer
The majority of the plebs in here fucking chug IPA's like mad

Implying you've ever even tasted Heady Topper

This thread:

>America likes guns and Trump
>America must suck
>Europe is so smart and thin and pretty and America is fat and dumb
>The best IPAs (and therefore the best beer) on earth comes from America
>b-but if it's from America it must suck becasue it's cool to say everything in America sucks
>therefore IPAs must suck and shitty sour pilsners that have the same tired recipe for 500 years must be better even though the rest of the food world has evolved and pushed the envelope

op pls take your self pity to /r9k/

IPA is literally piss on bottle made by hipsters for hipsters

The best IPA and the best non IPA comes from America

That your beer man? Neat, yall distribute to ga?

pretty much. the only real fight is about how Chesapeake region ipa's and east coast beer in general evicerateson the hot weather made trash from worst coast

>Chesapeake region
Dude, don't try and ride New England's coattails
But yeah, Northern style IPAs whether they are New England or Upper Midwestern blow the fuck out of West Coast ones

Yea sorry m8 but maryland and delaware ipa'sdemolish every other ipa making region

As a twin cities native I agree, all of west coast craft beer is garbage. Every time I'm in Portland they shove that in your face and when you tell them they should try some Minnesota / Wisconsin craft they act like I've personally offended them, and others pretend like our craft beer is too small to have beer better.

Which is weird because twin cities has a big craft beer market

Guys, what should I get?

I really think upper midwesterners have it best when you consider their local beer and availability of beer from other regions, plus a lot more retail space devoted to beer and better prices
Also Toppling Goliath

I don't drink, but I wokred in the same industry you do on the soft drink side. I have a problem with the "craft beer" industry, actually it's more a problem with your costumers and some people running your industry in general.

You are not entitled to shelf space or tap space in a bar. End of story.

If you sold well enough for that bar or store to have you on the shelf they would, you can have the best beer in the entire fucking world, it literally does not matter if you don't sell in the numbers that the store/bar owner wants.

>all they sell is ambev swill, it's not evne craft beer they shouldn't be able to label it craft beer

it literally doesn't fucking matter, because the consumer and ultimately the costumer has chosen it instead of your product. There is a great brand of soft drinks in the USA that is in 3rd, and people will literally talk about their cola as if it was a thing of the past that no longer existed that they long for, yet it sat on the middle of the fucking store selling six packs of half liters for 1.88 and people walked right by that shit, and I will tell you their cola was better than ours or the other guys cola, but there it sat.

Then there's the issue of gatekeeping
>oh you like drinking shit huh
>oh ambev isn't craft beer
>idc how many barrels they make its ambev
>so and so isn't craft beer they make to much

just shut the fuck up with that shit, make beer and sell it, your costumers like it, wonderful, they don't like it? to bad, can't win em all, maybe try making something they will like.