Broccoli

broccoli

steam with just a little salt and butter

I had beans and broccoli for lunch and washed it down with some crab cakes, I'm keeping the neighbors up.

I love it.

put some low sugar tomato sauce and cheese on there.

my favorite cheap keto meal.

The undisputed king of vegetables.

Proof God exists. How can a little tree be so good

udnerrated veg

pro tip: roast your broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper and then hit it with some fresh lemon juice when it comes out of the oven

Why do americans hate boiled broccoli?

broccoli is flavorless and boring

wrong

Once I visited a friend and her roommate accidentally weaponized The Broccoli
It burnt in the pan, or maybe fell into the bottom of the oven I'm not sure I don't remember, but how it started burning does not matter. The fumes from the Broccoli caused us to violently cough and our eyes to sting. We had to retreat to her bedroom and barricade the bottom of the door with damp towels. It was horrible. We stayed there most of the night whatever was in the air wouldnt leave even with the windows down.

Brassica Oleracea is a monument to human agriculture. We probably wouldn't have advanced as far as we did as a species without it

>broccoli
>cauliflower
>kale
>cabbage, from which we made sauerkraut, which was a critical source of vitamin C in sea voyages before we knew how to prevent scurvy
>turnip
>rutabaga
>kolrabi
>rapeseed/canola oil
>brussels sprouts

literally all from the same fucking species of plant.

okay turnip and rutabaga are B. rapa, but still.

Well yeah, if you're making all of your food without seasoning you're probably having a pretty shit time all round.

Truly the king of vegetables, tastes great, can be added to a huge variety of dishes and is healthy as fuck. Also protip grind/blend/crush it before cooking or baking for extra sulforaphane.

I was going to have some for lunch but it was home to way too many tiny caterpillars. Had sauerkraut instead.

One of the few green vegetables that legitimately tastes good.

Broccoli is fine when boiled. I think it loses some nutrients though.

This is incorrect, though you can improve it dramatically with any sort of sauce or seasoning.

>caterpillars
Clean out your fridge, man!

>caterpillars
They come that way from the supermarket. Most have none, a handful might have one or two, this one had over a dozen. Little tiny buggers that hide in the florets, maybe half a centimeter long.

Truly the one green vegetable I get down on on a regular basis, and i love it.

steam cook for a bit, then saute in pan with a bit of chilli pepper, add pasta
delish

I eat it raw, best that way.

Get out if this thread broccoli!!!

Interesting. I'll try that. You just use cheddar?

k

It's works well pasta. It's a decent way to sneak in some veggies.

kicked him out. he was shit and can't survive out of vinelandisland

voted most punchable face 2k15