Raw carrots = delicious

Raw carrots = delicious
cooked carrots = nasty crap

explain this Veeky Forums

Cooked carrots are fine, they're just squishy. They taste better if you cook them in brown sugar.

Except it's literally the exact fucking opposite

I think of carrots as an ingredient, not a food item

I think baby carrots are good for snacks.

Nah, pureed cooked carrots make an awesome soup; steamed or boiled or roasted carrots are awesome pureed and mixed with mashed potato, too.

I like both. Why are you a faggot OP?

I guess you've never had confit carrots; slowly braised in butter until they melt in your mouth, seasoned to perfection with salt and topped with minced scallions....hnnnnnggggg.......one of the best side dishes ever.

I agree, but only for cooked and sweet carrots. If you glaze your carrots you are horrible and your carrots are completely shit, but if you cook your carrots with say ginger, salt, pepper, and onions as a simple sautee you'll have some pretty good cooked carrots

>he doesn't activate his carrots

This

Cook them in liquid and the nutrients/flavour go into the liquid. That's it, not fucking rocket science.

I enjoy a good raw carrot, but I started roasting them a while ago with olive oil, curry powder, shallots, and lemon juice and they're a staple of my "I can't be assed to actually cook" diet. Throw in the tops with some minced pepper, zest from the lemon, and it's all good.

carrot and fish sauteed along is a good pair
- fish removes earth taste from carrots
- carrots remove sea smell from fish and adds sweetness

works for canned fish as well, minced tin can fish, oil, shredded carrots and onion is a fine cheap pasta sauce

*fried together

>Americans

Gotta roast them mate. Boiling can work but do it shortly as to not get them mushy as shit.

Make a plain, unleavened dough and wrap it around the carrots, put that shit in the oven so that the outside will be crispy. It's the best

Glazed carrots are god-tier.

>putting whiskey on your carrots
EPIC LMAO XD BOOZE I BET THOSE CARROTS ARE TOTALLY WASTED XD XD

What about carrot cakes

Activate carrots with butter and garlic

>no fried in butter until golden brown option

You're just not trying at all, huh?

Whiskey is used to add sweetness and smoke flavor.

never research how baby carrots are made

i microwave baby carrots for 40 seconds

>implying I don't just save the brown sugar for special occasions and eat them normally the rest of the time

theyre also good pickled.

Yes

OBSESSED

O
B U T T E R
E
A
S H A R T
E

you're forgetting the real MVP of the carrot world

>obease
oh i see

>Escoffier
All root veg is glazed in his cookbook. Thought you'd like to know.

keep the skin on them when you cook them

they will taste muuuuch better