Why is viral marketing so effective?

Why is viral marketing so effective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TcEhSm9AZdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because their target demographic are some of the heaviest users of social media

why the fuck is Veeky Forums the first I'm hearing of this
Starbucks reconfirmed as new McDonalds

I want to knock all of those off of the counter. Would be very satisfying.

>person B sees A drinking it
>oh wow i'm a total loser if i dont get one
>person B buys one
person C sees B drinking it
>oh wow i'm a total loser if i dont get one
>
>
>
>
>
>

>why are viruses effective

It would, wouldn't it. Just watching the lava-like flow of childhood wet-dream ponyworld sadness spread over the concrete floor like an 18 yr old barista's nightmare.......

>viral marketing
>i've literally never seen or heard of this outside of the multiple Veeky Forums threads that have been made over the past few days

Fuck off.

Because it makes people feel like they're not being taken advantage of the deep pocketed corporate overlords, but making fun and silly decisions like the rest of their not-totally-brainwashed friends!

t. marketer for a Fortune 500

Because Mulan schezuan sauce is best dipping sauce. So says my corporate overlords.

Aaaaaaand thread hidden.

Do we even have mods on this board?

Because most people are idiots

It has the opposite effect on certain people when it turns into ad nauseam. I never really liked mcdonalds that much but after all the mcchicken spamming i'll probably never eat their food ever again, maybe if it was free.

The power of limited edition items.

It's only viral if you buy one...

I myself, don't buy anything from Starfuckers...

>put a bunch of ice cream on the counter
>gets warm
>gets bacteria and shit
>customers get a bacteria-ridden, warm ice cream drink
>puke up rainbows
>never go to starbucks again

nice plan

Because women are drones, and effeminate nu-males have the same mindset as women.

It's amazing how growing up we are told to be your own person, "if so-and-so jumped off a bridge, would you", etc.

Then as adults I see people doing the opposite while telling their kids "be your own person".

*fucking tips fedora*

my god you couldn't have sounded more like a flaming faggot if you tried

People tend to spend a lot of money on their preffered snacks and beverages

So, what does it taste like? I assume there is no coffee in it as children are buying it aswell.

>effeminate nu-males have the same mindset as women.

every "brony" I've ever come across has been raised by a single mother......come to think of it the vast majority of guys I know diagnosed with autism were raised by single mothers.

Really makes you think.

It took like a full day for a thread with literal shit in the OP image to disappear. I'd assume it doesn't if not for the fact that frog images are quickly deleted.

Probably status signaling. A person feels the need to show their conformity to the group, it gives a sense of belonging, not unlike McChicken posting.

I'd like to have a hidden camera in that Starbucks to see how many people take a selfie with that unicorn drink, have a sip and immediately throw it away.

How is this viral marketing?

Shut-ins aren't their target demographic.

Your quads must be your IQ because you're one retarded faggot.

I assume there's no coffee in it because Starbucks is selling it.

>t.retarded anti-social autistic overweight smelly permanervirgin

>be starbucks wage slave
>people order off the "secret menu"
>always fucking disgusting abominations with over ten steps to make
>contemplate suicide on the daily

Fuck off with this incessant shilling faggotry.

I've literally seen it all over Twitter and Facebook
>inb4 mocking social media usage
If you don't participate in society how could you ever have heard about a viral marketing campaign at all?

>says the flaming faggot

ITT: people who don't know the difference between viral marketing and word of mouth marketing

>partaking in the social media jew
OP can't inb4.

>multiple articles talking about meme drink
>thousands of posts on social media and forums about meme drink
>selling out in hours
Just because you're tuned into normie things doesn't mean it's not vial marketing.

>word of mouth
youtube.com/watch?v=TcEhSm9AZdE

>word of mouth marketing
AKA viral marketing you fell for.

There's so many things wrong with this post
Downvoted

>Starfuckers
BOOOOOM! THAT'LL FUCKING SHOW THOSE KIKE BASTARDS

WAY TO GO, user. STARBUCKS ETERNALLY AND UTTERLY BTFO

FUCK THAT WAS COOL OF YOU

>If you don't participate in society

"Social media" is nothing more than another marketing tool designed to sell shit and manipulate the morons in society. It's absolute cancer.

Great post! You OWNED that redi...er, user.
Upvoted!

/tips

Yeah, so anyway, no point in saying there's no viral marketing campaign when this is your perspective on anywhere it might occur

I think it's just more curiosity on how it tastes rather than thinking about being a loser, I mean it does look intriguing.

mango and sugar

Because the internet is where everyone gets their (((news)))

And you're perpetuating it. I work in a suburban office full of hundreds women and this is literally the first I've heard about this

This. Am barista and people frequently tell us they heard about it on social media.

Please kill me.

What am I looking at here? Pink milkshake/frappuchinos?

Because they want them to escape their destiny. The thing is, there is no escape