WHY WHY WHY

Why does fast food taste so damn gooooooood?!?!?!?!

It literally doesn't. Have you ever made burgers or fries at home? It's hard to make them worse than the stuff you get at fast food places. Fast food's only advantage is speed.

Lots of salt

You're addicted to excess salt.

you underestimate how shitty some people are at cooking

>Lots of salt
If I cook with this can I make food better than fast food?

sure

Lots of salt and sugar/carbs. Shit is masked by the sauces. You ever try a Big Mac Patty by itself without that super sweet sauce?

I had a fast food once at a birthday party when I was a child. It was KFC and it tasted like greasy poop.

I've only eaten proper food since.

how do you fuck up a burger
I don't get it

Boiling the ground beef, then frying it in virgin olive oil.

Homemade burgers are great, but fast food does taste good. The amount of salt, fat, and sugar makes it undeniably good. It makes me feel like shit though so I limit myself to a couple times a month maybe

The only reason one might have for thinking McDonalds is good is if you've never had a real burger in your life.
No other explanation.

Millions of dollars have been spent over the years on chemists and food scientists to make it taste good. It's the perfect ratio of fat, sugar, and salt. It goes back to the guy who redesigned MRE's to make the food more palatable to the soldiers while delivering a lot of calories. It's interesting to read up on. Look up Howard Moskowitz and the "Bliss Point".

What the fuck is wrong w this board. I came here expecting cooking discussion, now I see you would all rather talk about fast food, ramen, and jarred pasta sauce

>Why does fast food taste so damn gooooooood?!?!?!?!

It doesn't. But you lack better food to compare it to, so it tastes good to you. It's the "big fish in a small pond" syndrome.

Get out and get some real food and you'll quickly see that fast food tastes like shit by comparison.

They do indeed spend a ton of money researching this. But they're still fundamentally limited by the cheap ingredients they use and the need for fast service. No amount of wizardry can fix low-grade ingredients.

It doesn't. It tastes familiar while being salty and greasy. If you're used to eating it that equals delicious. But if you stop eating it for a year or so then suddenly have it again it will not taste delicious. It will taste cheap and over salted. And you probably won't feel so good after eating it. I know this from experience. I stopped eating fast food on a regular basis over a decade ago. The few times I've been traveling and settled for it my reaction was not positive. More like "Why the fuck did I waste my money on this?"

Next time you make your own shitty shit, shit piece of shit homemade burgers... mix in a tablespoon of Corn Syrup.

Why come every McDonalds burger tastes like shit and looks like shit in real life? They draw you in with tasty looking advertising but everything 'cept the fries, chicken, and condiments tastes like shit. I always end up craving their food and then regretting ever having eaten there immediately after.

I disagree. I had McDonald's after not eating it for like 2 years and I loved it. I was drunk and high though.

bc everyone responds to these threads. if we all collectively stopped responding to fast food shill threads, they would never stay on front page

I buy the 2.99 a pound Ground beef at the grocery store and season it with salt and pepper.

80% lean and I don't press the juices out.

It tastes significantly worse than all fast food burgers besides McDonald's.

Because artificial flavorings are added to make it taste like what it's supposedd to be: burger flavoring for burgers, fry flavoring for fries, etc.