What does Veeky Forums think of Fraud?

What does Veeky Forums think of Fraud?

*Freud

>Fraud
just about sums it up i reckon

I think you were quite right the first time.

Feminists really, really hate him.

He was right about literally everything.

Is this an example of a freudian slip?

Little bit of a Fraudian slip there?

I studied Psychology in college, and we had to read a ton of Freud. I was a natural rebel, so I rejected him. I raised my hand in class nearly every day to give Freud shit. That was years ago. Since then, I've read a lot more and thought a lot more, and by God, Freud was right about literally everything.

I think you missed a chance for a good joke there,
the joke that you've made instead being dumb af

Did you write a instead of e to make a point under the guise of asking a question? That is so funny!

Complete bullshit for the most part, but it's worth pretending to be an orthodox Freudian just to piss off the Veeky Forums crossposters who think the Unconscious doesn't exist because muh god of the gaps

was that a freudian slap?

I hope Freud is bullshit. I remember when I heard about the Oedipus Complex, it freaked me out. I was like, no, that can't be real. That can't be the real reason we fuck our mothers.

>I was a natural rebel

heh

>tell me what to think
Kys

His dreams interpretations are comedy worthy.
Jung is closer (symbols).
But yet both are wrong, dreams can be so different, so fucking different all the time, they can mean nothing, and they can be meaningful as some kind of pure godlike profound insight.

Now about neurosis... Basically if you had traumatic episode in childhood you have it, you do some weird shit that you don't quite understand and because of something outside the world that made you become like this, if you understand why, you quit doing so... But he was onto something when we say words (richts or how its called), like you "meant" to say something else, he was so right about that, it's obvioulsy subconciousness.

Anyway, don't take my post seriously because I'm just 19 years old pseduo.

Good day to you my friends, I hope one day I will live like Epicurus in a house full of friends, to be happy, or I wish I will reach zen after years of meditation, it's bee only 100 days of meditation...

Why do people who have never read a complete Freud text, who have hot moms hate Freud?

He was right about the structure of consciousness, or at least fairly useful.

I don't know what I think about the oedipal stuff and all the family dynamics. My guess is that it "can" be true taken broadly, in some individual cases, but isn't universal, and some of the details ("the son believes his mother once had a penis") are BS.

I haven't read much of what he said about dream interpretation but I'm skeptical of the field as a whole.

I thought civilization and its discontents was good.

This is easily the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board

Pseudoscience, but one which had significant repercussions on the development of western thought. He was one of the first people to pick at the scabs of desire, neurosis, psychosis, peversion, schizophrenia, the unconscious etc.. but his incessant need to map psychological deviations from the norm back onto the oedipus complex was essentially his undoing because now no one takes him seriously for claiming we want to fuck our mothers.

He gets too much hate. It's easy to dismiss him because >BABY WENT MILKIES but he got more right than contemporary people give him credit for.

The id/ego/superego construct isn't really useful, but he's right that there's more going on psychologically than we're consciously aware of.

He hit the nail on the head with a lot of the defense mechanisms. It's pretty easy to identify these in day-to-day experience.

kek

Guess you missed the Jung thread yesterday, then.

Noice

Learning about the Castration Complex was enough for me to know to never go near him again.

>being this afraid of your Dad

Freud's critique of the fundamental Christian concept of Universal Love is a pretty serious attack, but I think he might right.

Was that a...Freudian slip?

haha good joke!

Why did you write like shit? Why?

I prefer Junk.

good pasta

Along with Marx and Darwin, the greatest mind to come out of the 20th century.

t. 19 years old pseduo

ITT: Badly educated faggots who 1) Thinks the unconscious is only repressed stuff and 2) haven't read anything by him.

Freud was a fucking genius. Go read it. Or read Zizeks takes on him for fun. Or read some secondary litterature on him. Or read Lacan.

i want tofuck my mom

His most noteworthy concept, the unconscious, he ripped off from german idealist philosophy, repackaged it as his own, and marketed.