Tfw you majored in Stories

>tfw you majored in Stories.

>tfw you majored in East-African Shamanism

>tfw majored in marketing postmodernist art
>mfw no soul
www.youtube.com/watch?v=25iL7PjuIrA

>tfw you majored in minors

>tfw you majored in true stories

>tfw you majored in Vietnamese basket weaving.

>tfw you dropped out of college to work at Kramerica Industries

>tfw you majored in Dubs but got a C- average

>one off
I give this an F-
See me after class

>65
>C- in dubs

underrated

>tfw you majored in Ithkuil

>tfw you major major major major

/thrdad
No one can beat that guy

beat that guy.

Also, everything is a story.

man i love Veeky Forums

>that pic
fucking anime fags

im doing a major in stories but i'm think of changing into tales

any advice would be appreciated

tales is harder to find employment in and worse paid, but it's really competitive with lore, so if you don't mind doing more work for petty academic glory, it'd be a lot more rewarding than stories which is just a paper mill for twitter now. don't go for lore though; those guys are weird.

>tfw you majored in a pseudoscience designed to justify oppressive class structures so you can make money, live for sixty more years, then die, if you're lucky, wishing you didn't hadn't the point as a young and spent the interim trying to justify your reductionist worldview, all the while becoming progressively more alienated from yourself and detached from what it is to be a human, or if you're not, die childish, complacent, and incapable of irony or introspection

*missed the point as a young man

Sociology?

yeah, dude, you should have majored in english. use shorter sentences and work on clarity. whatever your degree was being shit came across.

Econ; majoring in sociology because you want to make money?
It had to be a run-on to fit the format of OP's post. I do need to start proofreading my posts, though, that was a mess.

>justify oppressive class structures so you can make money

What's the problem?

>tfw history/sociology double major

his pseudoscience course didn't cover mansa musa and he still holds hope

Please see the rest of the post

why would you be proud of this?

Why wouldnt I be proud of it?

Sociology is a pseudoscience aimed at the defense of indefensible principles like "beliefs are socially [entirely] constructed" from a stance (impartial observation) that the sociologist knows doesn't exist; and as a sociologist, you should know that your other major is just stories

I can understand someone thinking sociology is psuedo science, but that history is just stories is a bit ridiculous

Yeah, that was my pithy and abrasive way of gesturing towards the fact that history is, and a sociologist might think, is only, a matter of crafting and evaluating narratives.
The question then becomes whether they're any better at doing the things we need stories to do than, you know, stories--fiction.

This. But I would elaborate to say that the social sciences in general are just frameworks of ambiguous and interchangeable terminologies used to defend theological or philosophical pretense.

This seems true

History is written by the winners. Come on, user.

>tfw you dropped out of college b/c forever alone and now you're a janitor at the same college you dropped out of and you stare autistically at the buttcows who walk by and you're also nearing 30

Sorry, bro.

Yes, the particular placement of an individual and their relation to the world has no effect on their philosophy at all. All true philosophy must come from dry, ahistorical, mathematical basis that totally aligns with reality because math = reality, duh!

Also, discarding something on the basis that it defends philosophical pretense is totally ridiculous. It's just a way to discard without addressing anything about the subject matter. Everything you believe has philosophical pretense. Using that as an argument is like saying we shouldn't listen to any argument because it starts from a premise.

Nobody discarded anything. There was no expressed belief to discard. We simply agreed what social sciences are and what they do best.

>Totally missing the point

When trying to understand something, you don't start with the answer and then just collect bits of information that loosely support your chosen answer.

You claimed that they were pseudoscience and used ambiguous terms to support philosophical positions.

Thus, you didn't make an argument and discarded the position without making any substantial claims.

I don't think you understand what social sciences are. You sound like the people who think philosophy is just hypothesizing about whatever you want, all ideas being valid.

My point isn't that every gender studies program has worth, but that the methods of social sciences are useful and the arguments you two used to deplore them are useless in addressing the results of a particular study.

Woowee, how many points can one miss in one post? How many points of view can one project onto his interlocutors in two paragraphs?

Pushing boundaries

try to reread

You people are insane.

The first guy claimed sociology and history are completely useless. What else does that leave for a philosophical framework? An ahistorical one, which isn't very useful for real life application.

The second guy claimed that they just used ambiguous terms to justify philosophical or theological positions. I responded appropriately that the same claim could be applied to any methodology and it would still be unsubstantiated.

This board is shit, I'm out.

>tfw unsure if I should switch into philosophy major from psychology
>Don't even like psychology

This is beautiful because it applies neatly both to sociology as a discipline and to our friend here:

>mfw majored in Ideology
>mfw people LITERALLY pay me so they can eat from the trashcan all the time

>tfw majored in film production
>tfw will never experience a recession because entertainment is an eternal "necessity"

are you a brainlet?

if you're sure that you're a brainlet, your best bet would be to switch

bravo user, my shitposting is patball to your champion game

(you)

tfw majored in ancient memes and minored in dream interpretation

Still got a job in HR, though.