Eel

eel

Ewww.

Eel is tasty af. Too bad freshwater eels are critically endangered and shouldn't be eaten. So many unagi places everywhere when I was in Japan.

>So many unagi places everywhere when I was in Japan.

You know the vast majority of those serve farm-raised eels, right?

Farm raised eel still depletes the wild population since farmed eel depends on wild caught larvae.

I thought they had solved that problem. I remember seeing an episode of NHK "Japanology" a few years ago in which they showed how farmers figured out how to get them to spawn in captivity.

I can't tell if I love eel or I just love the marinade/sauce it's so often bbq'd in

Too soft.

smoke it eat it oh gawd yiss

It's the carmelized, skinny bits sizzling into crispy awesome that seal the deal for me. I think eel sauce needs eel meat in order to be the best it can be. Putting it on tilapia or chicken would just be weird.

Both. The combination of flavor and texture goes so well together

yea you gotta have the crispy bits to offset the softness of the meat. unagidon is the pulled pork sandwich of japan.

do americans really eat this?

Unagi is fucking godly. Eel sushi best sushi

Jellied eels are best eels.

Why not just release hundreds of farm eels into the wild?

O don't see the appeal.

SOMEONE POST THE WEBM

I too came here for the webm. Somebody...DO IT

You should work for animal conservation

Which webm?

I don't think there's any cut of meat that's comparable to the nice tender fattiness of eel, I think the two are inseparable.

that's probably a fair point
I've wondered if I could do something similar with fresh sardines or the like, though

Both are good.
Eel sauce is simple, equal parts sugar, soy sauce and mirin.
Reduce
Wala!!
Eel sauce!

There'd be a severe risk to introduce diseases and parasites to the wild population.

They release farmed Salmon in America when it is deemed appropriate.

>torturing it makes it takes better
Asians are weird, seems like more work to me.

You might notice it is missing its head. Every attempt was made to end its life before cooking, but alas it continue the jiggle.

Might be a little bit to fresh there then m8. I would assume it would difficult to achieve an even cook, unless the point is to eat it still wiggling. Like I said, asians are weird.

MELT ITS FACE!

Only way to eat them. Britisch cuisine truly is up there with the best.

for rEel?

>Britisch
Retard.