Looks like Applebee's has had some hard times. I doubt anyone on Veeky Forums is surprised...

Looks like Applebee's has had some hard times. I doubt anyone on Veeky Forums is surprised. They are closing a whole bunch of stores all over. The one near me just shut its doors and the only reason I'm remotely surprised is that the location was a really good one in a very busy strip mall.

Most of their stuff was pretty bad but I do think they did shrimp pretty well. I'll miss that. Anyone else have their store close? If so do you care or more of a nothing of value was lost situation?

The only Applebees anywhere near me is located directly adjacent to Marist College, Vassar is 2 miles from there, as is the Culinary Institute of America. It'll never shut down because Applebees accepts meal plan credits from Marist College, and the other college plebs want their parents to take them there. Always a shitshow, easy place to get young drunken puss though.

B-but they're my neighborhood bar and grill. Where will I go without them?

The one acrossed the street from me is closing and a bevmo is moving in. This one literally microwaved half the shit they sent out.

>nothing of value was lost situation?

That. I didn't find any of their food appealing even the slightest little bit. I'm not really a fan of this kind of restaurant in general, but at least with Chili's, TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, etc, I could find something on the menu that I liked.

They all do that

Some guy did a thread here a while back saying he was a chef at Applebee's and that very few things very ever microwaved. I guess he could have been role playing.

I liked their happy hour. It felt wrong going there for food though.

Applebee's is the worst of its kind. Worse than Chili's or Friday's and that's saying something

They've got to be closing stuff based on something other than traffic. The one near me that shut down was always slammed

Yeah. I'm not sure I've ever had anything other than a beer or 2 at fridays but chilis has some really good stuff

Applebees feels like a relic of the mid 2000s

It amazes me that they're still around at all

Yes I'm a chef at mcdonalds and we only use locally sourced ingredients and grass fed beef

Applebee's isn't a great restaurant, but in a college town, you can't beat half-off appetizers. I don't see the one here closing anytime soon.

Explain what makes it "mid 2000s" and why something like this would make an unsuccessful business

I'm a snarky fuck posting on 4 chan using sarcasm to imply things

That's the one in the same shopping center as McDonalds and Home Depot?

I'm a gullible cunt who can't handle being called out for buying into some retards probable lies

The items on the menu seem like a timewarp. Restaurants follow trends. Applebee's is stuck with the themes from 10 years ago.

Ha someone got triggered [spoiler]you are triggered[/spoiler]

Oh

Yup.

They actually changed their menu up right before they closed. Maybe they should have stuck with the 2005 scheme

Nah good riddance. They were one of the first of these mid-tier shitball chains to really hit it big, but they bring nothing unique to the table anymore

I was stunned and amazed to learn that there are actually towns in flyover land where places like Applebee's are actually the go-to bar for the area.

Must be the most depressing places on earth.

Who learned you that? Are you still stunned or did you have a sit down or a nap?

Yeah I live out in the country where our county seat is like that. You're right the town culture sucks, but there's a lot of fine /out/ stuff within very short distances. So it's a tradeoff.

Myfriend is a bartender for Ruby Tuesday (shittier TGI Friday for those wondering) in rural Mississippi. I was visiting her and decided to come with her to work and drink at the bar all day. That fucking clientele, man...

>creepy Vincent D'onofrio-looking motherfucker hinting about his "oral skills" to all the female staff
>bald inbred with a moon-shaped head eating wings and wearing Beats headphones for three hours
>farmhands who drink Bud Lite
>angry-as-fuck old guy who won't stop harassing the staff and complaining about his drinks not being made right
>middle-aged motorcycle riding couple passing through and horrified by all this

I used to love going to Applebee's as a kid but

>be ~17 or so
>At Applebee's with friends
>order a Slider Appetizer and diet coke
>10 minutes before i get the drink
>it's regular instead of diet
>tfw beetus
>10 more minutes before the waitress even comes back
>tell her i got a regular coke instead of a diet
>she says I ordered a regular coke
>tell her about the beetus and that i wouldn't have ordered a regular coke if i wanted to
>she sighs and takes it back to get a regular one
>comes back 15 minutes later with our food
>but not my drink
>eating food while waiting on my drink
>it's fucking raw.webm
>they somehow got the sliders to a perfect medium-rare, they're still pink in the middle
>i usually don't mind medium- to medium-rare burgers but these are fucking sliders of all things
>eat anyway because fat
>finally get drink when i'm mostly done with my food (another 15 minutes or so)
>we ask for checks once i get my drink
>another 10 minutes
>we immediately give her our card when she comes back
>wait another 15 minutes or so
>nobody tips
>never go back to an Applebee's

Fuck Applebee's.

I haven't been to Applebee's very many times, but it's one of those restaurants where everything they serve sort of smells and tastes the same. Sort of like everything has a layer of stale grease on it. Also they really are slow as balls.

>being so obese your body rapidly dies as you live

Lrn2SelfControl fatass.

>type 1 diabetes doesn't exist

>juvenile diabetes
>doctors allowing someone to become obese
>becoming obese in the first place while diabetic

Hard to do friend-o. Too fat for an insulin pump.

I actually didn't notice he said he was fat in his post, my bad. Just thought you assumed he was fat because he was diabetic. Sorry bro.

heh

Strange

Youd think a place ran by felons and high school dropouts would have its act together

Know how I know you're telling the truth? Your description describes my county seat in MS perfectly. Except for actual tourists. I don't think anyone from a state other than LA, TN or AL has ever set foot in our county since the civil war.

>get shit service from a dumb server
>blame the entire franchise

I went to applebees a few months ago, ordered sirloin. Don't normally order sirloin, but did because it was on their low calorie menue, and I wanted protein since I just worked out. Just about the entire steak was rubber and inedible. Sirloin isn't the best of cuts, but it was so bad, I won't ever go back. I have heard similar stories from people. Also the potatoes that came with it were bad.

I went with some buddies of mine. Had a sirloin steak. Some of the edge of it was fat but overall good tasting. The green beans sucked, though. Like they came out of a frozen vegetable bag.

>Must be the most depressing places on earth.
nah, those people don't know any better. they actually have a good time drinking watered-down macrobrews and eating microwaved bar food with their friends.

It's pretty easy to find a reddit AMA with an Applebee's cook that says like 5% of what they serve is microwaved. I doubt the beer has any water added either but whatever.
I mean, you don't have to make things up the place undoubtedly sucks.

>i believe everything i read on reddit

Better source than some anime loving faggot on a Turkish hang gliding forum

>reddit
Thanks but no thanks

You're almost there. Just post a pic of tendies and declare boxxy the eternal queen and you can go tell your mom that you're really good at 4 channing

Oh, good source there. A reddit applebees marketing shill from india reaching millions of people, more than the reality tv commercials that no one except geriatrics watch, praises the company that pays him enough of a wage to have indoor plumbing.

I noticed what you say seems to need no source whatsoever. Hmmm really gets the noggin jogging don't it

I haven't been to an Applebee's I years and i have no plans on going back. Their food was mediocre and the atmosphere was so dated i felt like i took a trip back in time.

Their steak used to freak me out. It was always decent looking and very tender but it tasted gamey. Every time