Healthy Snacks Thread

What are some healthy snacks?

I'm going to start with olives.

Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, tofu

Alright mate, very clever, but what are some of your favourites for snacking on?

I'm a regular snacker on chocolate, biscuits, crisps, and I try and replace them with healthy snacks when I can

Pistachios is another one. Fucking love pistachios.

Not healthy mate

High in sodium, not healthy bud.

Dates I guess, they're riddled with sugar, so I don't eat more than 3-4 at a time

These are better sugar bombs

Enjoy with walnuts

I really like raw green bell peppers and radishes too

Steamed baby carrots with a pinch of salt are divine.

>all that vinegar and nitrates
>healthy

What's wrong with vinegar

0 calories, bud

>pickles
>vinegar
>nitrates

you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, do you

>literal sodium bombs

goat cheese and crackers is one of my favorites. Stuffed grape leaves are godly too but not those nasty greasy things that come in a can

Cucumbers are not 0 calorie

I think his post was serious
Those are essentially the healthy snacks.
Everything else is just unhealthy shit marketed in a way that makes you think it isn't

whole plant foods that aren't high in omega-6

I consider tofu to be junk food since it's not a whole food. Most of the fiber and minerals are removed. Tempeh is a better way to eat soy.

Snow peas sauteed with olive oil, salt and pepper are the best

this

Edamame is good too. If it's in the pods, you can't eat it fast. You perceive food as being more just because it takes longer to eat.

there are no "healthy" foods, or "unhealthy" foods. there are only healthier or less healthy, compared to others, in the context given. a bottle of coke is heaven to someone dehydrated and suffering low sugar. wheat gluten vegan chicken will send a celiac disease sufferer to the hospital. see?

If you are intent on crisps (chips) then cut up your own potatoes thin, and either dry fry them, or use a small amount of coconut oil. If you like sweet, I recommend throwing cinnamon and crushed cloves on them. Or crack some pepper, or even use rosemary, etc...
You could make your own Apple crisps, carrot etc...

Or just you know, vegetables and fruits are always good

I see that you're a contrarian wee fanny, so shut up.
Cottage cheese with some wholegrain crackers is a good snack before bedtime because of the casein protein.
A piece of fruit is good before a physical task for a quick burst of energy/sugar.
You could make your own chips/crisps by cutting up wholegrain tortillas or thinly slicing potatoes, then baking them in the oven with some herbs/spices.
If you want to feel full while cutting back calories then chomp on some root veggies like carrots or turnips, for that high fibre content.
I like beans as well, because they have a good ratio of protein to carbs and fibre as well so you get a well balanced snack.

Yoghurt

>sugar, oil, phytoestrogens
>healthy
Stick to leafy greens, brah.

For me, it's a pure glass of water,

For me, it's the McChicken hold the chicken.

>tofu
>healthy
wot

there is no such thing as a healthy snack.

3 meals a day

How does it feel to be so wrong?

Either some cereal,french toast with tea or scrambled eggs on toast sprinkled with pepper.

Anything that doesn't come in colourful packaging