Why did I wait this long to read Woolf? The >female authors meme is officially debunked

Why did I wait this long to read Woolf? The >female authors meme is officially debunked

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/virginia-woolf-feminist_n_6534258
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why would you ever for a second believe a meme so clearly stupid

good job senpai. now you're ready to explore some other great lit without prejudice. look into:

flannery oconnor - everything rises must converge
ursula k leguin - left hand of dankness
willa cather - death comes for the archbishop
charlotte bronte - jane eyre
shirley jackson - haunting of hill house

to start.

and more

Kate Chopin - The Awakening
Dodie Smith - I Capture the Castle
all of the brontes, austen, woolf, eliot
Edith Wharton - House of Mirth

I really like Plath for example, but Woolf is next level. I'm only a bit into this book but I think it's on the way to becoming a favourite.
Cheers lad :)

To be fair, Woolf is literally the top of the top when it comes to female authors. Eliot seems to be becoming a meme on here, but she's legitimately just as good in my opinion. O'Connor is good, Jane Austen is good. The rest are shit.

Marguerite Duras too

>comparing Plath and Woolf
"I like the Coen Brothers, but Picasso is next level"

>comparing Plath and the Coen Brothers
actually that might be pretty accurate

you're being a bit narrowminded desu. see and

None of the four are in the same genre desu they're not really comparable

If that's your first Woolf you really must read To the Lighthouse and Mrs. Dalloway

I want to read everything that's like this one, which I'm assuming is To The Lighthouse and everything after it. Im keen to read the one from the perspective of a dog, sounds interesting.

The Waves > To the Lighthouse > Mrs Dalloway

>Woman author
>Writes about kids

>Male author
>Writes about abstract concepts and failed romance

>Literature board
>Posts frogs

>abstract concepts
Yes, but
>failed romance
only whiny betas write about this stuff, no self respecting man would pine over it.

>Here's why, in addition to Roxane Gay, Bey and Lena Dunham, Virginia Woolf should be one of your feminist role models:
huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/virginia-woolf-feminist_n_6534258

>goethe
>dostoevsky
>shakespeare
>whiny betas
surely you jest user.

Oh wow, that sure does invalidate her literary merit.

I've never seen anyone take a Huffington Post article so seriously before

Does Mrs Dalloway even compete with this book, or is The Waves superior? I'm more interested in reading it over The Waves.

She saw sexuality -- and gender -- as fluid.

In a letter written around the same time as Three Guineas, Woolf not only acknowledges that gender-specific traits are socialized, but implies that gendered desires are often a source of violence. Such themes are explored thoroughly in her fiction, including her first novel, A Voyage Out, which mirrors her personal voyage from a more traditional upbringing to the intellectually stimulating Bloomsbury group she became a regular fixture of.

Coen Brothers are unironically better.

Film > art

Film is art.

Fucking autist.

Drawings, paintings etc.

>She saw sexuality -- and gender -- as fluid.
>In a letter written around the same time as Three Guineas, Woolf not only acknowledges that gender-specific traits are socialized, but implies that gendered desires are often a source of violence. Such themes are explored thoroughly in her fiction, including her first novel, A Voyage Out, which mirrors her personal voyage from a more traditional upbringing to the intellectually stimulating Bloomsbury group she became a regular fixture of.
Not to mention Orlando.

nice board

The Awakening is one of the only books I've ever started and not bothered to finish.