Cast Iron Ideas

Just got a cast iron skillet. I want something I can cook besides chicken. Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

minimalistbaker.com/simple-deep-dish-pizza/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he bought a cast iron pan specifically for chicken

>he fell for the cast iron meme
Don't worry mate, it happens to the best of us.

Steak

What do you normally eat? I would avoid doing extremely acidic stuff over a long time period, but anything goes besides that.

I'm not picky. I'm kinda new to cooking and was wanting to try new things

Oven roasted vegetables. Roasted potatoes. Any meat that you want to sear. Bacon. Stir fry. Fish. Burgers. And basically anything you usually make in a pan or in the oven, or a combination of both.

Nothing beats corn bread baked in a cast iron skillit. Nice and crispy outside, tender inside. Also - google skillet apple cobbler.

'Go 'Za.
No for real, cast iron is the best surface for that style of pizza with it's high heat retention, and deep sides. You put enough olive oil in the bottom to basically fry the dough to a nice crust as it bakes.
minimalistbaker.com/simple-deep-dish-pizza/

fried potatoes with onions and mushrooms.Or pancakes.

Put cooked rice in the pan and crust it up, its real nice

anything you dipshit

Dutch baby

>Cornbread

Cast iren got me thingking 2

>Any ideas?
>>he bought a cast iron pan specifically for chicken
Sometimes, especially on weekends, I heat up my cast iron skillet and just put few dry spices on it.
The smell is so pleasant. Because my skillet is "busy" I end'it up cooking my food in the microwave oven.
Is there something wrong with me?

I like to cook heavy-duty soap and steel wool in my cast iron cookware

Clafoutis

I've managed to fuck up my skillet and it's rusted to shit, is there a way to salvage it?

tfw I found a 6L dutch oven while dumpster diving this week a perfectly good lagostina dutch oven gonna make some dank cassoulet this week
>salvage
nigger please scrub it and reseason it

meme 'za

I found this crazy method to make your cast iron completely nonstick. What you do is
>drop your cast iron skillet
>have it shatter into pieces
>throw it away
>drive into your local super market
>buy a Teflon pan

Now your cast iron pan is completely nonstick and safe to put in the dishwasher. No seasoning is necessary and heat spreads out more evenly. It's nuts I know.

german apple pancakes, farinata

>have it shatter into pieces
good luck with that, you goofy goofy boy

Makes a great seasoning, I have heard.

Find some auto repair shop with a sandblaster. Or a stonemason, they use them too, for cleaning mossy tombstones.

these, I love my cast iron for baking in as well as getting good sears on everything
>Shatter to pieces
are you dropping it out of a window or something?

Scrambled or fried eggs, if it is seasoned properly. Always use metal implements.
Fried eggs: get the pan hot, add your oil, add eggs. Turn pan down to medium, cook until done. Turn over if you like it cooked both sides.
Scrambled eggs: get pan warm. Mix eggs in bowl. Add neither salt nor pepper. When pan is warm, add eggs. With metal spatula, gently draw through egg as it cooks. Get onto toast before totally dry. Then add your salt and pepper, maybe some spring onions if you are pretending you're a German.

Fake roast Mediterranean vegetables: chop aubergine, courgettes, peppers, onions, and add with salt, pepper, and whole garlic in skins to very hot pan with plenty of olive oil. Maybe add paprika. Put on lid (you got one with a lid, right?) and shake every so often. Vegetables will look like they have been roasted after cooking for 10 minutes or less on the hob.

Chicken tendies, of course.

Is it safe to use a knife or pizza cutter on cast iron? Won't that fuck up the seasoning, like it does teflon?