Deliveroo

Who here /deliveroo/?

Been working from them since march, and really loving it. I'm a student so I don't get fucked over by their 'we're not an employer'-policy. Including tips and bonusses, I make 12 euro's per hour on average.
I get to ride my bike and deliver really nice food to rich hipster girls, what's not to like?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/11/16/nyregion/brooklyn-man-charged-with-manslaughter-in-hit-and-run-death-of-cyclist.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I work in the underwriting department of an insurance company and secretly give white people lower premiums

I don't know where deliveroo gets their deliverers from but they're all assholes with no road etiquette and very limited cycling ability and usually shit bikes. Had one of them literally lean on the sill of my driver's side window. What the fuck.

At least the regular messengers can track stand at lights and have cool bikes.

Oh no! That must have fucked your car up so bad! I hope he's dead now, fuck that guy

>we're not an employer policy
Elaborate

What a faggot! What race was he? Why didn't you push him over?

It's uber for food. Basically it means they don't have to treat their workers well or give them minimum wages/hours/protections because they're not a food delivery company they """just put people who want food in contact with people who want to deliver it""".

Do you also deliver pure bottled water to those hipsters?

There's no way these companies can exist without fucking over their workers. Their margins are pretty razor thin because there's not really any economy of scale to take advantage of here.

Someone was telling me that the reason they keep hiring drivers despite already having too many is because each driver has to put down a £150 deposit for their jacket/bag etc. Supposedly this gives the impression of cash flow and keeps the investors happy. Not sure how true this is though.

>touching a cage is literally assault
>running over a cyclist is ok because I'm in a hurry and why should I take my eyes off my iphone even for a split second
yep, it's a cager alright

Deliveroo cunts are the cancer killing the delicate cyclist culture in the UK.

Saw some dickhead whizz by a granny and she was nearly knocked to the ground.

Look dickheads, you are delivering shitty fast food not vital organs.

Its pretty disgusting behaviour. They use all sorts of coded language to avoid naming people as employees, because doing so means they'd have to pay them more and give them rights.

The gig economy as a whole is disgusting.

works for indonesia, bangladesh, egypt, and other advanced countries. why not bring it here?

>and other advanced countries
>advanced

You're not fooling anyone Pajeet.

MACHA - Make America China Again!

Go slow down traffic somewhere else

Gods speed user!

But I'm moving faster than traffic 90% of the time

It's usually you idiots stopped in the bike lane slowing *me* down

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard

>But I'm moving faster than traffic 90% of the time
>Cyclists actually believe this

Your parents never taught you not to touch things that don't belong to you?

Don't run over cyclists and I won't touch your cage, how's that for a radical idea?

>my cage can teleport through solid objects
It's a well known fact that cagers actually believe this

Stop riding your toy in the street 30mph below the limit and people won't run you over, how's that for a radical idea?

why do cucks assume they are getting run over left and right?

are you running red lights like a retard?

>I'm going faster than traffic because I conveniently switch between "I'm a pedestrian!" and "I'm a vehicle!" with no regard for traffic laws
>It's all those damn cagers fault!
I ride a motorcycle more than I drive and you fucking idiots have endangered my life more than any idiot in a car.

Who the fuck said anything about running over people?

I live outside of Detroit, so growing up I'd go to a lot of car shows, or meetups. I don't to the Woodward Dream Cruise every year, the largest car cruise in America. Lots of shitty cars, lots of ricers, lots of classic cars, lots of expensive sports cars. The one thing my parents hammered into my head was that you don't touch what doesn't belong to you. Some of the paint jobs on these cars are worth more than your bike.
Regardless, it isn't a Cyclist vs Drivers thing, it's a basic common courtesy. I wouldn't touch your bike without permission, because I don't want you, or anyone touching my car without permission.

>Pic related, he can touch my $4000 paint job. You, nor anyone else, cyclist or not, can.

>citywide 25mph limit
>stop riding at 5mph
I'm not sure if cagers understand this since the operation of their vehicle alternates between pushing their foot all the way down on two different pedals that they can barely distinguish to save their lives, but it's actually not that easy to stay upright if you ride too slowly
>I live outside of detroit
Good, stay there please

>citywide 25mph limit
Ah, so you're some smug piece of shit kike yorker then?

Yes, everyone from New York is Jewish just like everyone from Michigan is black and unemployed

Cars run over cyclists for fun.
I had seven years of unbearable pain when one of your rolling death machines decided that 20mph in a 25mph zone was too slow and you fucking assholes ran over me and shattered my clavicle.

Cars fuck with walkers and bikers for fun. We all know this.
You fucking retards scream and honk at me for no reason while I'm walking and trigger epileptic seizures. Same with the high beams.

I'm convinced everybody that owns a vehicle is a fucking moron. I'm adding up about 200 trips to the hospital simply because epileptics aren't allowed to drive in the US and you fucking retards feel the need to do this shit.

Fuck off drivers. Leave walkers and bikers the fuck alone.

Are we just stating facts now?

You ignore my entire post, except for the part where I mentioned where I live. Is it because you don't have a rebuttal? Did your parents, or did they not, teach you to not touch that which doesn't belong to you without permission?

Tell you what. Bring your cage to New York. I'll touch it. Then you can shoot me with your freedom gun and go to jail for life. We don't have the death penalty here so you'll have a cushy life subsidized by productive people like me, you won't have to grouse about how Obummer shipped your jerrb to Africa, free food and you get to bask in the triumph of your reward for murdering someone over a petty traffic dispute.

Deal?

Did your parents, or did they not, teach you to not touch that which doesn't belong to you without permission?

Property is theft.

>cagers run red lights and kill people for fun
>b-but it's the cyclists who did it!

Technically it's not murder when you do it with a cage, I don't know what you're so indignant about. You literally have a license to kill:
nytimes.com/2016/11/16/nyregion/brooklyn-man-charged-with-manslaughter-in-hit-and-run-death-of-cyclist.html

I'm offering to let you find out. Let's test the theory. Did they or did they not? Come and see for yourself.

OP here. To clarify, I live in Belgium so all this only applies to Deliveroo's Belgium branch.

Meh, this does apply to some riders in my town, but a big part of our team are all quite professional. Most of us are cycling enthousiasts and sport decent bikes. I use a 2.000 euro Trek myself. I've been cycling for years and got my road etiquette down. I guess this just depends from rider to rider and from town to town.

What he said, basically. Uber for food. They provide us with our gear (except bike and phone), technical support and a phone app to do our job. They do not technically emply us, we're basically freelancers. A payrol company for independent workers handles payments, etc.

From what I gathered, UK riders are getting fucked over, but that's not the case in Belgium. They're bound by Belgian law, so can't go under minimum wage or anything like that.

Horeshit. There's no deposit. Your friend's an idiot.

That's unfortonate. I always hear these stories coming from the UK. You guys do have a shitty cycling culture, from my experience cycling through southern England. Where are the bike lanes? Why did all drivers try and run me over?

Will gladly answer more questions, probably tommorow.

>Technically it's not murder when you do it with a car
>I don't know what vehicular manslaughter is

Maybe you can tell me what vehicular manslaughter is, because you seem to think it's legally considered murder

Thanks bro. We face so much discrimination these days it's good to see someone keeping it real for the oppressed.

>Vehicular homicide is a crime that involves the death of a person other than the driver as a result of either criminally negligent or murderous operation of a motor vehicle.
Read that last part very carefully, since you seem to be mentally disabled

>murderous operation of a motor vehicle

>They provide us with our gear (except bike and phone), technical support and a phone app to do our job. They do not technically emply us

In what line of self-employment does another party provide the self-employed with their tools?

I like how you are trying to retroactively change the question to "what is vehicular homicide"

I asked you to define vehicular manslaughter. Try again?

>Vehicular homicide is a crime that involves the death of a person other than the driver as a result of either criminally negligent or murderous operation of a motor vehicle.

If you're going below the limit, you need to fet off the road.

>citywide 25mph limit

Why are you telling lies on the Internet?

Technically there are a few highways in like the Bronx and shit that have a higher limit, but that doesn't change the facts

Read the first two words more carefully before posting again.

Sound out the words and ask a grownup for help if you get stuck.

I believe in you, user!

Holy shit one more reason to hate NYC

If you can't operate a vehicle without murdering people, you need to take the bus.

>in the hospital 200 times
>thinking it's anyone's fault but your own

You're in the fucking way. You deserve to be murdered.

You've lost all semblance of humanity. You need to be institutionalized.

The mind of the common cager

Remember, it's ok to ask for help!

I never text while driving.

Cyclists feel entitled to fuck the road up for normal people just so they can play with their toys in the street. If anyone is a cancer on this planet, it's you.

First Responder here, I am going to break it down for you so you can improve your shitposting in the future.

>20mph in a 25mph zone was too slow and you fucking assholes ran over me and shattered my clavicle
A 20MPH crash would likely result in you getting tossed over the car, and not run over or anywhere even near the underside of the, especially if you were only clipped. "You assholes" is an ambiguous subject here. Additionally, injuries to a clavicle generally heal within 8 to 10 weeks with no lasting issues. Being the only injury you listed, it would have been a clean break and not a "shatter."
>200 trips to the hospital
Epileptic seizures usually do not requrie hospitalization, and are not triggered by "screaming" or noise, or a flash of a highbeam.
>epileptics aren't allowed to drive in the US
This varies by severity and state. I suggest you move and then you can honk at pedestrians too.

Cagers feel entitled to fuck up the road for normal people just so they can take up 8x more road space and destroy public property because in their diseased minds causing carnage and mayhem is a basic human right

It's legal to ride on the right side of the road at any speed. It's not legal to send bikers flying 40 feet and watch their bones shatter because you were in a hurry.
Cars are the cancer killing the earth. I hope every one of you dies.
I don't get to drive and you faggots make a simple walk to the store into a trip to the hospital every fucking ten days.
Stop honking, stop pushing, stop screaming and stop flashing your high beams at me. You are fucking morons that can't drive a lawnmower and trying to do extra while driving a car is sure to result in failure. I can fucking see you coming. Blind and deaf people do not walk on the side of the road, but epileptics do.

Fuck off and die in a car crash you massive faggot.

>especially if you were "only clipped"
>being "only clipped" doesn't have consequences
How do you think people end up under wheels? They dive down there for fun? Or is it that mystery of post-crash investigation physics, "he musta got sucked by the vacuum behind the truck" which is somehow possible without the driver going 1000% the speed limit and multiple violations of newtonian physics?

I hit a curb, I do have seizures when startled, they do require hospital visits and epileptics are not allowed to drive in the US.
Clear things up? You can stop roleplaying now.

The road is for cars, it's been that way ever since normal people could afford cars.
>b-but muh technical letter of the law says i can bring my toys on it
Fuck off.

People are trying to live their normal lives and you're obstructing them. People like you slow down the normal operation of society, which depends on cars. Get off the fucking road. I genuinely hope the next accident kills you.

God himself could not create a more butthurt being

>be walking on sidewalk around a bend
>cuck on a bright yellow racing bike feels the need to nearly clip me doing 20 MPH in a full tour de france lean
>literally feel his backpack strap hit my waste and feel his rear tire hit the tip of my shoe

The only time I have ever been close to getting hit by anyone was by cucks on 2 wheels.

The road is for people trying to get from Point A to Point B. Please find a more plausible rationale for murder, like "I couldn't stand the smug look on his face so I lost it and hit the gas"

The road is for driving from A to B. The sidewalk is for poor people to walk to a bus stop. There is no place in society for cyclists, who in a truly just world would be shot on sight.

A 20MPH crash is simply not fast enough for someone to go under, retard.

He googled "wuts the worst bone to break" and picked he one that wouldn't leave him paralyzed.

>epileptics are not allowed to drive in the US
>>Each state has individual driving regulations. People with epilepsy are required to report their condition to their State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). However, states require different people to do the reporting. Some states require the doctor to contact the DMV. Other states require the patient to sign a simple form at the time of application for a license or at the time of license renewal, declaring that they will notify the DMV of changes in their health status or driving ability.

Why do you insist on being wrong? You can stop role-playing now.

Buses would be faster than the subway if not for you cagers. Yet more reasons why they should be abolished.

>I don't get to drive

Judge took the privilege away after too many DWIs huh...

I have not rode a bike in a decade. I can't. Can you take a wild guess as to why?

I was riding in a bike lane and a vehicle turned right into me until I hit the curb.
Funny fucking joke, huh, that I couldn't sleep right or use my left arm for seven years because jeep guy thought it would be funny to push me into a curb?

Fucking kill yourself, cancer. I get to deal with my left arm not working for life, you get to deal with $80 speeding tickets and parking violations.

>subway
Only exists in a tiny number of places, not important or relevant for a discussion of society in general.

>buses
Are for poor people, it doesn't matter how shitty or slow they are because they're a waste of money anyway.

You deserved it for taking your toy on the street. The inly thing Jeep guy did wrong was not backing up over you to finish the job.

Nah I put a picture of my shattered clavicle up.
You're defending attempted murder and you are a genuine faggot for it.
Probably a Veeky Forums fag.

>A 20MPH crash is simply not fast enough for someone to go under
Ignoring the fact that you're wrong for a moment, how many multiples of the citywide 25mph limit would I have to get "just clipped" at in order for someone on a bike to end up under the wheels of a vehicle? 3x? 4x? Can a box truck even accelerate to that speed in the course of one city block?

Also, I'm not epileptic, I'm not the guy you're mad at, and I have a cage license, not that it's much of an accomplishment in this country.

>society
>lives in a place without a subway system
What's it like living in a hunter-gatherer society?

>Funny fucking joke, huh, that I couldn't sleep right or use my left arm for seven years because jeep guy thought it would be funny to push me into a curb?
That's a p good prank dude. Long term shit is the funniest.

>be walking genetic failure whose brain short circuits at the slightest sudden noise or flash of light
>falls off his bike because someone coughed
>pube like chest hair does not take any of the brunt of the collision
>fragile soap bones leave him without a working arm for nearly a decade

kys lmao

Ook ook bok bok click MUH CAGE click click ook ooga ook

I was using the term figuratively, he pushed me into a foot high curb and I flew 40 feet, then he sped off. Had I not turned into the curb, he would have crushed me. I was touching his vehicle with my left shoulder, arm unextended.
Any question of deliberation is off. Dude tried to kill me and I got hurt. I haven't rode a bike since and still have thousands of problems with vehicles and the fucking morons allowed to operate them.
I'm not one of these delivery fags you were talking about. I'm just a guy that got fucking destroyed while normally operating a bicycle.

God biker verus car fights are the most retarded shit. Its just 2 whiney white people bitching at each other. Get lives.

lol easy there internet tough guy.

I'm honestly surprised you can even ride a bike without getting the seat sucked halfway up your gaping bootyhole from all the dicks you take on a daily basis.

I am literally a cyclist more often than not. Just don't touch people's fucking cars.

I just want to take a moment to laugh at the fact that you put $4000 worth of paint on a fucking camaro

I don't even give a shit about cars but even I know enough to know how funny that is

I get having a car and driving in a rural area, but what the hell are you fucks doing driving literally everywhere in suburbia? Get some exercise

It's an upper limit moron.

It's extremely rare for me to come into physical contact with a cage. Doesn't mean it's not a crazy double standard that cagers can kill with impunity but accidentally touching a cage lightly with your elbow when squeezing through gridlock is seen as some kind of rape

user you need to stop, you've already embarrassed yourself quite thoroughly

I'll stop when I decide it's time to stop. The only one embarrassing himself is the cager rating about how non-cagers should be shot on sight

The people who shit themselves over having to go a little slower for a negligible part of their journey are pretty clearly the most butthurt around.

>Cage
>Cager
Jesus fuck how childish do you have to be.

>implying a jeep isn't a toy

I drive a full size pickup truck and also ride a trek road bike. Fuck with me

The cyclists for Deliveroo in Dublin need to get it together

They go apeshit 100% of the time when they have to slow down. If you cross the street a thousand feet in front of them, impeding them none, they will ride the dirt and rocks on the side of the street passing you, aggressively revving their engines.

It's a wonder that cars aren't outlawed when people us them to express their emotions and attack people who have to walk.

I guess it's hard to understand that there are people in your country that will spend years in jail if they ever got caught driving, because of seizures or other disorders, but it's best to just honk at them, hit them with high beams, scream at them and let them go.
They can't help it, they were on the side of the road, they were bound oto be harassed for using their legs, the dumbasses.

OP here. Please stop this retared discussion. Go back to /b/.

Your literally raping me right now you fucking cager how could you say that FUCKING CIS CAGER REEEEEEE.

You are an inconvenience for everyone around you, and yet you feel entitled to have everybody bend over backwards and take time out of their day to accomodate you. Why don't you just get out of the way?