Questions that don't need their own thread

Merciful intellectuals of Veeky Forums, I beg your help! I've forgotten the title and author of a short story I read years ago.

Plot went something like this:
>Be a boring man
>Live a boring life
>Be content
>Meet a women
>The woman turns out to be nice
>She starts to have feelings
>You say fuck feelings, because assburgers and safe life
>She leaves
>Realize how dull and boring your life actually is
>Try to get her back
>She is gone for ever
>SAD!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FAcZccu_fBc
youtube.com/watch?v=EpHDPat7UWw
youtube.com/watch?v=T37QkBc4IGY
youtube.com/watch?v=4Wh2b1eZFUM
youtube.com/watch?v=GM_GOpfEQUw
youtube.com/watch?v=jo18VIoR2xU
lmgtfy.com/?q=1960s french films
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My story.
I survived a year without her and somehow I became even more boring and even more side tracked into intellectual pursuits.

P-play your strengths, r-right?
I miss her.

Right but that's unfortunately not the story I was looking for.

Joyce- A Painful Case

Thank you! That's the one.
Here's some music as a reward:
youtube.com/watch?v=FAcZccu_fBc

is this some kinda type o negative rip off?

>not complaining..

Not even close. Finnish neofolk/ambient played with a kantele.

yeah this fucking killer for studying for the final i should be studying for.

thanks user.

If you like this, look up Tenhi. It's another Finnish band. They don't have full albums on YouTube but here's a sample of their material:
youtube.com/watch?v=EpHDPat7UWw

i'd like to read about the history of humanity, particularly early mankind. anyone wanna hit me with some books on the subject?

Also works for The Remains of the Day

test

Negative, sir. Shall I abort? Conditions don't seem optimal at this time. Repeated unsuccessful attempts might attract their attention, general.

Ian Tattersall

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

Alright, this might be a pleb question

But why is it "The Love Song" of J Alfred Prufrock. I've read it through so many times, and I can't identify any relevance of the title to the poem. There's no clear love-object; it doesn't resemble a song apart from the refrain in the first part. I can't come up with any reason why Eliot would pick that name over the previous name he gave it-"Prufrock among the women".

The only thing I can think of is the identification of the women with sirens, and Prufrock's claim that they "will not sing to him", as being the love song, but that seems like a major stretch.

Any insights from you guys? Elliot's pretty popular here.

Also, young Eliot was effay and kinda qt. Why couldn't he get bitches?

So I downloaded an epub of the magic mountain (in German) on libgen.
But it shows these weird numbers in brackets, like: {1} or {567}. I've opened the calibre editor and it would really be a pain in the ass to remove everyone of these 1100 or so page numbers from the text.
So is there any funktion or programm which I can use to remove these or hide them?
Cause there must be some reason that they're included in the file.
pic related.

me in pic

when reading trilogies do you guys take break between the books? i'm almost ending the first lotr book and there are 2 other books i really want to read

How difficult is pic related. I have a fairly intermediate reading level. Recently read Hard Times and Good Old Neon, to give an idea.

Easy. I read it when I was sixteen.

So, last month then?

bazinga!

what the fuck is going on with his body

Masculinity.

This is what I found on wikipedia about it: "Eliot called the poem a "love song" in reference to Rudyard Kipling's poem "The Love Song of Har Dyal," first published in Kipling's collection Plain Tales from the Hills (1888)." I hope this helps.

Who are some good booktubers (if there is such a thing) who don't focus solely on YA and who don't make loud, ADHD-inducing jump cut videos?

he's pulled his pants far above his waist for humorous effect

and he's a pretty big guy

Why isn't there more fan art of Larry Niven's stuff? Seriously there's practically no fan art of any of the races or characters from his books and it drives me crazy.

bump

Want to watch a movie

What are some good films family?

>ideas: a history of thought and invention from fire to freud
>peter watson

one of the most comprehensive and edifying books i've ever read. his voice is limpid and academic, but with a wry humor that makes the scope palatable.

why i never hear his name here or on Veeky Forums is really beyond me.

on the same vein, watson's "the great divide" is also a great overview on what factors caused the old and new worlds to develop at a different rate, ranging from agriculture, climatology, mythology and economics. it's more scientifically dense than ideas, but since you mentioned the early history of man, it might be worth it.

Chinatown, Brazil, Stalker and π are good.
youtube.com/watch?v=T37QkBc4IGY
youtube.com/watch?v=4Wh2b1eZFUM
youtube.com/watch?v=GM_GOpfEQUw
youtube.com/watch?v=jo18VIoR2xU

1960s French films

Give me names

lmgtfy.com/?q=1960s french films

of these, if you're just in the mood for a movie, i'd recommend brazil or 3.14.

Oh fuck off, just suggest a single film.

Thanks man.

I'll probably go with Brazil; I liked Twelve Monkeys when I watched that.

Not him but if you're looking for a French film and you like postmodernism, try Pierrot le Fou

Thanks.