Name something good about this book protip, you can't

Name something good about this book protip, you can't

plot twist he is a phony owooowoowoahahahahah 10/10 10000/10000

Holden rapes his sister Phoebe being one good part, there are others too

comfy, entertaining, reminds you of the joys and pains of youth, unique style, moving, funny etc.

and probably the most accessible classic ever

pic related is my gf

Funny! Apt descriptions. Can remind you that you aren't so alone. Maybe.

and i just remembered that i bought her this book like a week after we started dating and its her favorite book now

I hate to break it go you but...

There is no reason this should be sold as a book, there is no begginning or end, its like a skit

Has introduced a lot of people to reading and is a rarely well-done take on adolescence.

Plot is for lames.

Incest

It's funny.

The part where he wants to become a monk even though he is not Catholic. Why don't people here like this book, he sounds like a Veeky Forums poster.

It reminds Veeky Forums how goddam phony they are. It really does.

People have an opinion on this book before they ever read it, if they even do read it. They want to hate it.
It's great. Holden is a sweet kid. Shit made me all sad, but I laughed a lot too. Holden made me fall for Jane Gallagher, a character who never even appears.
>that part where Holden sneaks in and talks to old Phoebe.
It's so damn good holy fuck.

the part where his old teacher tries to get some boipussy when Holden is sleeping on the sofa made me fap

It's good because it catches the persona of the teenager becoming cynical in response to the shock of maturing

I'm 25% done with and liking it so far. First book in English that I'm reading and as the other user said, it's very accessible.
Also, I had an Ackley kind of friend and I could relate a lot to Holden's thinking about him. Fucking dude!

Just started. It ain't bad so far but i see nothing special. We'll see

But was he really trying to get some or was Holden overreacting?

the characters

his use of the expression "shooting the shit"

I used to love this book when I was 12.
Now it just seems cringey.

the not existing flow of time while I read it

He was almost definitely over reacting. Holden has shown before that he jumps to conclusion quickly, especially when it comes to generalizing other people's personalities. He also expresses discomfort with being touched and homosexuals.

Great book about grief.

>"talks to"
lol

If this piece of shit didn't exist I never would've read Nine Stories, which is fantastic

Name something bad about this book protip, you can't