Teeth, are they bad?

anyone else here feeling that teeth are really holding us back?

they rot when eating things like sugar and acidic things

they dont serve any taste purpose yet they can RUIN your experience,

wouldnt it be better if we had a better grind/serated teeth that didnt add flavour and wouldnt be affected by things like, lime, coffe, alcohol, sugar, pine, and complex more "grainy" foods that would wear on human teeth?

i legitimately feel teeth are holding us back

what the F*CK i hate teeth now?!?

yeah that's why i never brush and eat things that damage my teeth
that's show those fuckers

>i legitimately feel teeth are holding us back
you're not wrong, however we have no good alternatives, dentures are shit and implants run close to 6000 dollaroos for full top or bottom.

I know people who treat their teeth like shit and have great teeth and others that are meticulous with their teeth and have gum disease, I am not sure that there is a rhyme or reason it appears to be mainly a matter of luck.

Genetics are a factor but if they have gum disease is why they're probably so meticulous with their teeth they treated them like shit and now are paying the consequences

i would love a future where chefs/resturants would provide you with a set of teeth more suited for the dish you are eating, think the difference in fish knives and meat knifes

>when the waiter brings you the soup teeth

Yea, waiting for mine to rot out, don't brush.

Dental hygiene is a bluepilled meme

lol enjoy your heart disease and halitosis you gross fuck

this post is genuinely making me think

I googled this fetish and apparently there are people like you, user, who find a dentist that's willing to pull all their teeth for a price. Then you have the ubiquitous support groups that are popping up where you get to gather with your sympathizing compatriots. Who knows, you may even progress to the pinnacle where you have your own dedicated thread on Veeky Forums similar to /alc/.

Dude, 4/20 was two days ago.

What?

Haha someone posted this thread on tumblr :)

>be me
>25
>almost exclusively drink tap water for 4 years
>still have shit teeth due to soda indulgence in youth and neglecting tooth hygiene
>just paid 500 yuropoors at the dentist
>will probably need implants within the next 10 years
Don't fuck your teeth up lads.

Seeing as we already grow a replacement set of teeth once during childhood, I wonder how hard it would be to tweak the gene responsible for that to make our teeth self-replacing on an ongoing basis?

You would have to get implants or false teeth later anyways, it's literally a non-issue. They're just chunks of bone that can be replaced by any other hard substance.

The big thing is that we're born with both sets. Your body doesn't just grow new teeth. So we wouldn't be modifying our body to keep growing teeth, it would have to be a completely new biological mechanism.

This is all speculation, idk wtf I'm talking about.

Aren't teeth the only bones in the human body incapable of self repair?

>This is all speculation, idk wtf I'm talking about.

That's abundantly clear.

1) teeth aren't bones
2) they are capable of self-repair, but it's limited. Most of the time decay rates exceed the ability of the tooth to re-mineralize damaged enamel.

We should just come up with some permanent teeth coating that prevents rot and damage

>species spends 125k years evolving teeth perfectly suited for life expectancy and diet
>species suddenly starts to live 3x longer than normal, completely changes diet
>"wtf teeth suck"

I've had two teeth removed - both right at the back so little difference when chewing - but both times I got a diamond hard boner right after they came out. I think this can't be uncommon. maybe it's the drugs they give you.

getting teeth pulled gives me erections too, dont know why,

that gave me a seizure

teeth aren't bones, they're basically mineral growths over a living pulp