Grill user

Slow day at the grill. Bored as shit, anyone got any questions for a grill cook at a random bistro in eastern Oregon?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2008/05/grilling-smackdown-lump-charcoal-vs-briquette.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's the outdoor protein cooler. To be honest we serve some decent stuff. Fresh ground burgers, mix of brisket and shoulder.

Do you make your burgers with any seasoning? What kind of buns/toppings?

Do you ever sneak food? Do you ever give food to people for any reason? Do you guys ever throw anything away?

Burgers are seasoned with Johnny's right before we fire them up. They're cooked to order, a lot of people prefer them medium around here, personally that's too red for ground meat . A nice old retired makes all of our bread here, so she makes the buns. Honestly they're pretty good about waste, they seem to know what they're going to go through and plan accordingly. I do sneak myself a little piece of Teri every once in a while, especially if a little piece breaks off on the grill.

Also an assortment of cheeses; jalepeno gouda, provolone, white cheddar, processed American

First grill order in like an hour. I'd say our most popular item is probably teri chicken followed by the burgers . They charge a little more than places nearby because of the quality/ most everything is homemade. 15 dollars for a jalepeno bacon Gouda burger, I think it's an alright deal but it's a little expensive for the town.

Awesome setup!

I do have a stupid question. I recently bought a ghetto Weber and I want to grill scallops and tiger prawns. Any tips? A friend said I should soak the wood chips in water/vinegar for a couple hours before adding them to the briquettes.

How many bags of gear do you slam a day, and which tent community do you squat in?

Soaking will prolong them but it's not necessary. It just depends on how hot your fire is .

Depends on how busy, but usually at least a 30 lb mesquite bag and 2 charcoals a day

Are there even cities in Eastern Oregon? How long have you lived there?

So maybe a 10 minute soak instead of a couple hours? I'll give it a shot, thanks :). This will be the first time I've ever used a grill.

Suprisingly no tent community for me, I hear that's pretty big especially around the big festival/rodeo the town over . I'm not really into that shit, relocated here from Salem not too long ago and still getting acclimated to how Podunk it is .

This is my fourth month . I think I just say city out of habit, the population is like 15k. I dunno what constitutes a city, this is the smallest area I've lived in

I'm not sure if a 10 min soak would do a ton, wouldn't hurt anything though. Either way I'm sure you'll grill up some delish seafood user

Looks like lump charcoal?

Shit i'm in salem
Don't think I could live in a place as small as that for very long, what made you move?

My girlfriend got a promotion and they moved her out here.she makes enough to cover us both so I was contemplating going to school , but i haven't started any of that shit. I've always just worked random kitchen related jobs since out of high school. Honestly I hope we aren't here more than a couple of years, I fucking miss Salem

Yeah, we use a mixture of this mesquite charcoal and lump charcoal

I just started using lump, it's retarded hot and long lasting. Can't believe I feel for the briquette meme

It's great. I think it's a best of both worlds with the mix of mesquite charcoal and lump, long lasting heat and still get that subtle mesquite coming through. Using just wood is too expensive, especially for a business imo

Do you use a chimney starter

No, we just have a little old steel bucket we scoop the leftover charcoals in the morning into, then get the rest going. Lighter fluid if needed

Don't ever give a woman control over your financial house, or power to leave you with nothing. Work and school is doable. Don't be a faggot, also...gear = heroin.

Yeah you're right. I'm not really comfortable with the idea anyways, I just need to get my shit together and go to school. Fuck if I know what for, I just know that kitchens are cool but I'm not gonna be in my twenties much longer. Definitely don't want to be that fuckin guy who hates life and it 46 years old on the line.

Also I don't fuck with no heroin, seen too many of my friends go the wrong way. Perfectly smart people, get into that shit and it's down hill. Alcohol and dabs are my vices

Anyway, how's your sex life?

>long lasting
They burn hotter, I'm pretty sure they have a shorter lifespan than generic bricks.

Mix is a good idea.

In my experience they burn hot as fuck and go out quicker, flavor is slightly different using them (without using alternative smoking aids). Briquettes last longer but burn at lower temps, feels like I use more weight of briquettes than natural stuff to accomplish the same cooks.

Just so I could be sure of my answer, check out the differences here:
seriouseats.com/2008/05/grilling-smackdown-lump-charcoal-vs-briquette.html

The food sounds like it'd be really good

I dunno, pretty average I'd say? Usually 4 or 5 times a week

I should've snapped some pictures of finished plates last night, I'll have to next time I go in. They're only open tue-sat, and on Saturday they let employees take home any leftover bread/baked goods/ gelato .

Do you have any funny customer stories?

Looks comfy op. All you need is a a tv with your favorure show to binge-watch.

Nothing very funny, at least not at this gig so far. Some Mormon missionaries came in to eat once and asked us to turn off our shitty top 10 radio . For the most part people seem to be pretty slow going and religious out here.

Do you cook anything special for yourself off the menu?

It's pretty comfy. We wear earbud headsets to talk, there's a ticket machine and all my protein is out there so I pretty much just chill. If it slows down I'll go inside and help on the line. A tv isn't a bad idea , for whatever reason I'm picturing one of those tiny black and white ones with an antenna you'd try and use camping.

Bonus cot

I've made a few different burger monstrosities. Most recently ; Patty, kahlua pork, fried egg, hot cherry peppers, bacon, grilled onions, crispy frites, jalepeno Gouda & white cheddar. It was good, but definitely not something I should make too often

hey guy. your phone optics and image processing aren't good enough to take advantage of 2432x4320. that's why the image looks like dogshit at native resolution, you're also burning more bandwidth on your phone and filling up your cloud storage faster than needed.

I drastically reduced the resolution and look how much nicer it looks. you should change the setting in your phone app or upgrade to like a pixel or an iphone 7 or something else with a good camera if you want to use full resolution

oops sorry forgot picture

Did you call it the Bruddah Iz?

Wasn't even paying attention to the picture size, god damn almost 3 megs. I'll fuck with the camera settings, they're on default . Thanks user