RICE

Which do you prefer?
Short grain or long grain?

Arborio is king of grains.

You're not wrong.

>Arborio

Never had this rice (far as I'm aware), is it a sticky rice?

Long grain spikes your blood sugar less

but short tastes better

i prefer jasmine wich is long grain
but i like both types really i fking love rice

Short grain masterrice

Ahh good ol jasmine

that's what you'd use to make rissoto

its used for rissoto. i believe it classifies as medium grain rice.

depends on what you want to do with it. eating pure rice? jasmin/basmati. side for chili/curry/fish dishes I'd use long grain mixed with black "rice". risotto, rice pudding, sushi you need to use round short grain

Brown long grain boil in bag. Anything else is just tryhard.

Short grain has greater moister retention than long grain. So, it really depends on the dish.

Potatoes, rice is fit only for starving africans

I love the smell of jasmine. Every time I pour a little out of my jar I have to smell it.

I prefer Chinese plastic rice

both

Organic long grain jasmine rice.
I also like sticky rice.

i hope you see the irony in this

>Organic long grain jasmine rice.
If you reply like this in the real world to me, I can't guarantee

Aromatic: Jasmine
Risotto: Carnaroli
all purpose: Roma

Overall I'd say Jasmine though, goes so well as a side.

Same but I sniff my fingers after I wipe

It's pretty similar to japonica except it's grown in the cadmium swamps of southern europe

Enjoy paying 490% more than clean healthy Lundberg rice for the privilege of eating toxic AOC rice sold by 'Ndrangheta families

The trick is to buy the AOC stuff that comes in the artisanal bag, throw out the actual rice and refill it with bulk Lundberg from Whole Foods

Your guests will think it's classy and they'll comment on the "unctuous mouthfeel of the real AOC DOCG riz della autentica camargue DOP" meanwhile you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are not poisoning them nor do you have much blood on your hands

With soaking rice I have only done it a few time but it speeds up cooking a lot when I do it for 30 minutes.
Can I do it over night so when I get up I can put it on then shower and it's ready when I get out.
Or will the rice be sloppy if you leave it 7-8 hours

Australian short grain japonica.

Am I making Paella or fried rice faggot

OP is just asking what type of rice your favourite dish uses. pls no buly.

Koshihikari short grain for Japanese (or most asian).
Basmati for Indian.
Arborio for Italian (risotto).
Eveything else is pretty much rice-a-roni.

depends on what you are cooking obviously

sushi rice, I also it for any kind of curry

My joke was that I see then as different tools for different tasks. I'm not actually mad at OP

For me, it's wild rice.

Long. Been very much enjoying glutinous sweet thai rice lately. I could live on this stuff.

calrose, good shit

My preference depends on the dish I'm making. I eat a lot of rice, so I usually have four or five kinds on hand. For elaborate South Asian or Persian dishes I like white Basmati. For day to day curries I use brown Basmati. For rice as a general side dish I like blue rose or med grain from Egypt. For SEA meals I like jasmine rice. And you can't beat Arborio for risotto.

long grain ofc

is this real ?