Is this worth reading, Veeky Forums?

Two Six Six Six
Deus Ex Ex Ex

Only in its original Spanish. Hit the books, gringo.

Yes

Speaking of learning spanish. I'm studying it right now. Any recommendations for good books to learn with?

on your death bed you will regret the two weeks it took to read this book. it is definitely not worth it. choose instead to do something meaningful with these two weeks.

, he posted to Veeky Forums.org

what if i read it in one week?

Why of course user, it's part of the meme triology of Veeky Forums.org's literature forum!

I actually prefer the English translation.

Dom quixote.

yes

Jaja bubis

lmao

Yes, this is easily my favorite book I have ever read. The first few hundred pages drag on a little, but the last hundred pages or so give you the ability to reanalyze the part about the critics. I would talk about the themes but i'd rather not spoil anything, just go into it and pay attention to when the prose changes.

Fuck yes it is.
If you want to skip The Part About the Crimes, you won't get the whole thing. Some will try to lead you astray, and if you fall, I guess that's fine, whatever, your life, the other stories are better overall, yeah. It's very repetitive, and is designed to leave you feeling drained, jaded, and unsatisfied. Very much the point, and really the center of the actual idea of the novel. Not plot-driven, but it is sentiment-driven, so take that into account.

Just get the audiobook if you're a pansy

Really?

yeah.
Duolingo for words, learnspanish.com for grammar.
watch movies/series you've seen before with Spanish dubs and Spanish subtitles.
Spanish kids books from used book shop.
Then Don Quixote
Borges
Bolaño
Etc.

es tarde, pero Pedro Páramo y La Sombra del Viento mi hombre

Gracias amigo

I don't get people who skipped the fourth part. It's such a crucial and beautiful part. Why can't some people confront the horrors of the world, it's such a childish worldview that nothing should shock or offend.
Personally I preferred The Part About Fate more than any other. But that's just me

I am almost 2/3 to the Savage Detectives and I am not getting any apparent themes at all, help

I read it a long time ago, but I think it was a parody of vanguards, while still being a vanguardist novel itself. Mostly about adolescence and art/literature, and the need to break from the previous generation of artists. The themes are quite apparent IMO, the second part (the interviews) is however quite a ride and I hope you are enjoying it because it's the best thing Bolaño ever wrote at least from a formal point of view.

Want to read Bolano, was looking at both this and The Savage Detectives today in a book store. Couldn't decide which one to pick up, so didn't purchase either of them. I'm tempted to start with TSD because it's a little shorter (I know, I'm an uber-pleb).

Thoughts?

The Savage Detectives is IMO a better entry point

ty, I'll pick it up next time I'm up there

Thank you. I'm already using Rosetta stone and duo lingo and i have a decent speaking ability to get me through work (construction). I will move through these steps also.

Only if you've read the Greeks.

nope it has lasting and permanent negative effects, plus if you spend a cent on it you will probably starve to death. you're life will be much more complete by spending the two weeks it would take to read by instead shitposting.