Other urls found in this thread:

readingsoft.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hah,to make it more interesting im adding:

how old are,and how much do you read?

im 18 btw and ive read just about 25 books in my life

612 dude here.
Also 18.
I read a lot daily, because you know, basic human activity, lotsa signs on the road and such.

i can't tell if you're trying to be funny or just autstic.I obviously mean actively reading literature and for school.
signs and 4chans dont count

Not bad actually. But I would love to improve it

500, give or take

Nice, but it can still improve.

Wow.
Nobody needs to tell you to fuck off, you'll just get banned. Unless the mods don't care.

80% comprehension
Keep in mind that:
>I´m slightly stoned
>English is not my first language
>I´m sleepy as fuck and my sight is tired, so i had to read with one eye closed.
I think it´s pretty good.

263. It's way down from high school where I could max out at 100 pages per hour in a standard paperback novel.

Little online test says 206 with 91% comprehension.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Something tells me their claim that reading on a screen is 20% slower than reading on paper is totally unsubstantiated, though

The sample text wasn't the best in terms of comprehension. People process numbers/statistics differently to say a piece of fictional prose.

>readingsoft.com/
463 with almost 80% comprehension.

Not too happy with that

I read at the level of a 12 year old before I started school.

253 completely sub-vocalized.

notarace.tiff

185. Mind you, I read to comprehend. I don't skim or skip any words for fear of losing the texts actual meaning. I also have a voice in my head when i read, but for Veeky Forums I know this is plebeian. But for the life of me I can't get rid of it. Any way, I never had trouble in university and I read a lot of books, 4-5, per course every semester.

Try for up to an hour in the morning an up to an hour in the evening.

Of course this varies, to the extent where I only end up reading about 400 pages per 5-7 days

349 at 100% comprehension.

I specifically avoided speed reading faster because of the instructions.

239 wpm, 79% retention, according to one of the tests posted ITT. Sounds about right for reading something I don't particularly care about.

256. I'm surprised since I thought I was an incredibly slow reader. It's probably because I'm just distracted most of the time, but when I take a test like this I focus.

82%
English ain't my native language, I be sleepy and shit

339. I don't think that accurately reflects the speed I read a novel. I've always been a fast reader but I've never done speed reading.

600 at 82% comprehension

This year my uni course required a lot of reading as well as deep knowledge and discussion of what we have read so that has helped me no end with that.

The tortoise and the hare was a fable teaching kids to cheat.

388/100%

712 at 55%

802 with 70% comprehension

If I want 80% comprehension I need to drop to about 200.

300 at 100% comprehension
>friendly reminder that if you did not achieve 100% comprehension your results are worthless

dont care enough to finish the test, i figure im 300 or slower, but i have to imagine im >90% comprehension. Maybe i'm "autistic" but when i read (i only read stuff that's worth my time) i think i take my time more than most people

>hey what's your reading speed?
i dont know

yeah
Speed reading stresses me out. It's a better experience when I'm getting the full experience of each sentence, like the author intended

This is probably why I love Don DeLillo. His sentences are exquisitely chiseled

207, 73% comp

On my phone which screen is broken screen. I'm not a native english speaker.

cant stop using the voice in my head arghhh

130 100%

tfw retarded

354 wpm, 91% accuracy

1034, 64%

who /masterrace/ here

166 wpm and 73% comprehension, am i a retard?

maybe user,but don't worry though,practice makes perfect

>64%
>masterrace

although you could read it twice before ive read it once and maybe the comprehension adds up to 100%?

447 wpm, 91% comprehension

I feel like I read pretty slow though.

Speed reading is a shitty meme.
It has been proven wrong by scientific studies over and over again.
The faster you read the less you understand and the less you learn.
The only realistic way to improve reading speed is via broadening your vocabulary.
This site is particularly retarded since most of the questions can just as easily be answered/guessed without ever reading the text you are supposed to "understand".

yeah,you are right about the comprehension part.
but nobody said anything about speed reading,i was just curious how my normal reading speed compares to other's

785wpm, 100% comprehension

Years of STEM study

there's always a trade off somewhere. reading something multiple times is more effective than going through it once very slowly iirc.

as for speed reading literature, if you have to reduce a book to something you can get through as quickly as possible, i wonder why you'd bother to read it.

i think what i'm missing personally is a feeling of "flow" more than speed per se.

well i think it's true. when i read on screen my eyes get lost pretty often. when i read on paper it's ez af

very interesting bit it mentioned about the 'sound barrier'
i read the words in my head, t. 385 wpm, so i cant read any faster than i can visualize the text. i always read the text with a voice in mind.

336wpm/91%

>readingsoft.com/
i got 605 reading speed and 36% comprehension,although in all fairness i was trying to see how quick i read as opposed to how quick i read and remember.

Reading speed is only 155.
Comprehension was 73% though.

I've read around 44 books in my life. I always knew I wasn't a swift reader but I usually have good comprehension of the books.

My REAL problem is getting myself into the reading, the motivation. It's very difficult for me. And I get distracted easily. Even though I highly value what is gained from reading I rarely do it, and always feel left out from Veeky Forums because of it. What do?

>It has been proven wrong by scientific studies over and over again.
[citation needed]

Honestly, reading faster can work against fatigue and loss of focus. If you're reading something that isn't very difficult, I don't see why it wouldn't help to read it quicker. You're still reading every word and "comprehending" it all. Maybe when they say comprehension they mean memory. The more you read and the faster you read it, the harder it might be to remember it all. But I think that working against the loss of focus generally counteracts that.

I will agree that the test on this site is retarded, though.

270 w/ 82% comprehension.

not surprising. according to the site, my paper reading speed is around 350-360 then.

cool, now i know what i already knew.

comprehension is everything.... that's a huge gap in reading speed... sucks for you

351, not bad

are you proud of this?

what a pleb board

693 wpm with 73%

But I have no idea how to compensate for my terminal ADD.

Get your ADHD treated and continue to read.

I've never been diagnosed with ADHD. I think i'd be more along the lines of ADD. Diagnosed with depression so idk if that has anything to do with it. Writing a novel and I encounter the same issues, It's hard to get myself into it and not be distracted, even though I literally sit all day and do nothing trying to coax myself into it.

~400
nice

>not doing a speed-reading test with your own reading material

Speed tests with random texts are basically meaningless, since you'll obviously go faster/slower depending on how advanced the writing style is and how technical the words used are (the one from the OP, for instance, being fairly low on both regards).

I get about 220 WPM while reading an as-yet-unread page from Anna Karenina, while I got about 350 WPM the last time I took OP's test.