*reads Nietzsche once*

*reads Nietzsche once*

I don't get it

I don't think he read much of that angry anti-nationalist judeophilic little professor to be honest.

this

I don't think he read much of anything at all. His speeches display a literacy level that ends at /pol/ posts

He holds his own pretty well in the Jonathan Bowden podcasts, someone on the far right who was undeniably well-read.

I was watching Jonathon Bowden videos on youtube to satisfy my inner LARPer, and there were several episodes of this guy's podcast where he discusses philosophy with Bowden.

He's certainly at least read them, but compared to Bowden he's basically illiterate.

To be fair, Bowden makes most people sound illiterate in comparison.

Adam?

>someone on the far right who was undeniably well-read.

Thats a tautology

*tips cernovich*

Not to be a faggot or anything but lets be honest, the alt-right is probably one of the most well-read political movements out there.

I mean must of their thing is muh culture and race so all they do at night is listen to classical music, read books and fantasize about Roman/Renaissance art.

>muh culture
>so they engage with art

Nah it's more like they get antsy whenever someone says Happy Christmas instead of Merry Christmas

I always say Merry Christmas but whenever a Jew gets mad about it, I tell them to have a happy Holocaust

Next, I tip my fedora, do a 360, and moonwalk away

Does he live through the looking glass?

sounds more like the Christian right than the Alt-right.

I stand by my belief that the alt-right is more well-read than most other political movements, remember though that most political movements don't read books at all, so it's not the highest bar.

I'm not that person, who is a troll, but it's true that the academic left pushes tons of constructivist and inclusionary tripe that seeks to level all art and expression. Soon there will be professors in conservatories who teach students Kanye West instead of Bach, and they will accuse all the other professors of racism unless they do the same.

Maybe, in public schools and universities, everything will be swallowed up by resentment in our lifetime.

Helloooo.

Yes, yes, well done, Alt-Right, well done Alt-Right

HOWEVER

>implying they listen to classical music beyond those awful "2 hours of epic classical music" mixes on youtube.

Have you ever been to a music thread on /pol/? I mean, the only Wagner you see - and you'd expect him to be their guy of choice - is the Ride of the Valkyries because none of them have even bothered to watch/listen to the Ring or any of Wagner's operas for that matter.

he's old, they dont count
Communists might be up there too. Anarcho-Libertarians too perhaps.

I still believes the alt-right to be on top, 65% of their ideology is this "high-culture" vision.

ok now watch me be op...
*bes gay*

Dvorak is top tier, though.

Wagner a shit.

>read evola once

fuck the jews lol red pill

I was about to make the exact same post. These guys read parts of Plato's republic and a sparknotes summary of the Iliad and instantly become renaissance men.

Then they hop on /pol/ and make a shitty post about a half baked idea on traditionalism and attaches an image of a marble statue from antiquity.

Oh yes, I forgot they all know Dvorak 9 because the Japanese seem to love it and put it in all their animes.

I like Dvorak, but Wagner was a lot more influential than him.

>His speeches display a literacy level that ends at /pol/ posts
Why is it always the piss poorest writers censuring prose here? You haven't even mastered the basics. What business do you have posting about literacy?

There's basics and there's dogs barking

Veeky Forums prose is worse than dogs barking tbqh

I tried to read Nietzsche once but gave up after a w pages and went back to being comfy with my logic book.

>I mean, the only Wagner you see - and you'd expect him to be their guy of choice - is the Ride of the Valkyries
This is too obvious. Next time make it Tannhauser or some shit. This simpleton post is worse than what you accuse /pol/ of
>These guys read parts of Plato's republic and a sparknotes summary of the Iliad and instantly become renaissance men.
Thought you were describing Veeky Forums at first

>"I know what you are but what am I"

Very impressive /pol/

>judeophilic
>Nietzsche
lol

why do people act like this guy is good looking

Low expectations

>Very impressive /pol/
Shrink it all you want, to fit your little head. The fact remains that this board, including your derivative observations, is no better than /pol/ in affording good artistic discussion. You're mocking thirteen year old neo nazis no simpler than yourself.

He actually has a very good understanding of Nietzsche whatever you think of his politics.

>Yeah well you're dumb too

>worse than what you accuse /pol/ of

But it is exactly what they do. I know Wagner's music doesn't lend itself particularly well to being broken into independent sections, so asking someone what their favourite bit of Wagner is a lot more difficult than asking for their favourite Verdi aria, but it's always the Ride of the Valkyries. They'd probably really like the prelude of Parisfal, but it doesn't appear as much in pop culture so they have no clue.

>can't read
>not dumb
pick one brainlet

>But it is exactly what they do.
Not really. They often post obscure composers in those threads.
>verdi
>parsfial
You don't seem to be very far below the surface yourself.

Nigga you have no argument, you've admitted /pol/ is dumb and you're only response from there is Veeky Forums is just as illiterate which is patently false. Whatever else the merits of this board, its like comparing kindergarten to high schoolers

>you've admitted /pol/ is dumb
You act as if I ever denied it.
>which is patently false
If anything, they're superior. I've at least seen a few posters on /pol/ who speak several languages and have read the basics. There is no such thing as a discussion here, even the "best" posters make amateur mistakes that any high school teacher should laugh at.
Your poor reading comprehension is itself proof of this.
>its like comparing kindergarten to high schoolers
Yes, but you're hopelessly confused as to which is which.

>I've at least seen a few posters on /pol/ who speak several languages and have read the basics.

Serious question, is this your first time on Veeky Forums?

I know you're being wilfully dense, but please re-read what I wrote. I did not say that Parsifal was by Verdi.

>they often post obscure composers
Obscure =/= better.

>Serious question
Another problem you share with /pol/- too much reddit overlap.
And, no, I used to come here a few years ago, but stopped because I couldn't stomach visiting a board where people ask whether translated proust is too difficult.

>CEO Erick Hayden

>I did not say that Parsifal was by Verdi.
No one said that you did.
>Obscure =/= better.
No one said it was.

true Veeky Forums quality

Ah right, so you don't know shit about here and are just throwing wide nets in the dark

your*

>well read

Just because they've read things you've read doesn't mean they're well read. Lenin, Trotsky and even Stalin were much better read than anyone in the alt-right. Guevara and Castro as well. Hell the founding fathers of the US as well.

Oh my mistake then, I didn't think anyone was quite stupid enough to make the assertion that you were making in between your ludicrously vague greentexts. If I had known I could have impressed you by name-dropping suitably little-known works and composers, I would have done so from the outset.

Hoh shit, he mad

Very much so lad. Being told that I'm a dilettante when it comes to classical music is the one thing that really gets going.

Yeah thats a common reaction from pseuds

Quite. Good thing that everyone else is a pseud, otherwise I would have been found out by now.

It was obviously compared to contemporary political movements and people.

>, I didn't think anyone was quite stupid enough to make the assertion that you were
This is mere cover for the fact that you were too stupid to understand a simple post.

>I would have been found out by now.

>now
Lmao, no your were busted many posts ago, pseudanon

ok
the real world is obviously a lot stupider than Veeky Forums so my reputation is safe.

>non-nachlass readers thinking they're allowed to have opinions

pls

alt-right here. it feels punk as fuck

Durr retard here, me a rebel

I love this meme

Much of the essence of the alt-right, to me, is captured in this book.

>alt-right
>well-read and cultured
you can't be serious. they only read selected books to reinforce their own ideology and give the impression of being intellectual. that's the opposite of "cultured"
The alt-right is the biggest group of cherry-picking pseuds since SJW's

lmao.
the hard left is much more well read. Lenin was always shitting on English workers because they were well organised and numerous, but theoretically handicapped.
le alt right fags are anti intellectuals. (((academia))) and so on

>implying followers of any other ideology are any better
>implying the "alt-right" is an ideology
good goy, listen and believe! The alt-right is the menace that is destroying America, time for your two minutes hate!

>following ideologies
shiggy diggy

>at least we aren't the worst poison!
read a book faggot

>time for your two minutes hate!
>Using Orwell to dismiss criticism of the "alt-right"

>intellectual enough to compare a contemporary movement of people with movements and people from 100 years ago

>implying the "alt-right" is an ideology

This is a delicious teaspoon of ideology

>haha im a MODERATE yeah I bet you didnt see that coming
>I think about my opinions INDEPENDENTLY thats why they're all identical to everyone else's opinions

not ironic enough. Maybe if you'd attached a suitable picture

Good goy! These """alt-righters""" are your enemy! They are evil racists and sexists! Hate them!

>le ebin ideology man
The """alt-right""" is a fake boogeyman made up by the liberal media. It's not a real thing.

>all they do at night is listen to black metal
FTFY

You are using newspeak right now. You can either hate a group or be part of them according to your thinking.

I said criticize you little toad.

>I take an objective standpoint on things
>I consider both sides of the argument

>You're falling for the lies of Jews!
>We aren't racist!

Hmm

First week on Veeky Forums, huh?

Yeah, just got here from reddit, why do you ask?

If you just came here to meme about how /pol/ and the Alt-Right are better and more well read because they see the "truth", then please just fucking go. It's not even funny memeing, it's just obnoxious.

No, but good job misinterpreting the post.
>muh moderate man
>muh both sides are bad
>i HATE the alt-right, the media told me to!
>/pol/ is dumb hateful shitposters I HATE them!

Its part of their ideology though, thats why they hate it. They associate themselves with shitposters as a defense mechanism then it falls back on them when they try to be taken seriously

The alt-right is not a movement. It's just a label the (((media))) gave to Veeky Forums shitposters and plants like Spencer so that their viewers have an easy target to hate. People who fall for the meme are retard redditors, you can just imagine them, slack-jawed in front of the television whining about Drumpf xD.

Those evil Nazi alt-righters, you should hate them, not us!

>newspeak
kill yourself, why do you have to shoehorn muh 1984 goobydooby bullshit into every conversation?

You're right it isn't a movement, its essentially an ideological attitude. An attitude you are perfectly displaying right now

>muh ideological attitude
>muh im the only objective, non-ideological one here
dumb zizekposter

>>muh im the only objective, non-ideological one here

This itself is a purely ideological projection

You keep making dumb arguments that I didn't even address.

>muh moderate man
Isn't it possible for people to have nuanced opinions on things without blindly following an ideology?

>muh both sides are bad
Well they both are bad when both attempt to stifle any real critical thought and provide one answer to everything they perceive to be wrong in the world

>I hate the Alt-Right
I do, but because they're so obnoxious

>/pol/ is dumb hateful shitposters, I hate them
Well I do, because they're obnoxious. Are you seriously trying to insinuate they aren't shitposters?

>the alt-right is probably one of the most well-read political movements out there
maybe you can suggest where to find these people, because at least around here these alt-right types seem to be nothing but a bunch of fucking retards. I seem to recall some comment i made in a thread on /pol/ having to do with different conceptions of equality, in which i suggested that what Hobbes is talking about in Leviathan is not equality in the sense of "muh feelings, muh minorities," was met with the following response: "hobbes is a jew shill"

>Are you seriously trying to insinuate they aren't shitposters?

This is what I was saying here , they're just shitposters until it suits them

what is his understanding of neetzsche because I kind of doubt he has anything in that head.

what the hell kind of mental gymnastics does it take to justify indoctrinating yourself and stick your head in the dirt instead of being well informed

*tips fedora*

I mean, no one is better read than the establishment so I completely disagree with you there.

(you)

The alt-right is openly anti-intellectual so, no. I don't buy this argument.