Veeky Forums confessional

Today I was forced to revise a long held belief that Don Quixote's sidekick was called Pancho Villa.

ive been reading gravitys rainbow for several months and im 20% of the way through it

I began the Aeneid yesterday but I didn't finish it because I was lazy. I still am. I should be reading the thing right now but I'm shitposting.

I like to read fluffy romance stories because they're perfect for escapism

I just started coming to Veeky Forums because I wanted to get into reading books. Was this a mistake?

I fuckin hate reading

i can't read anything after finishing Don Quixote

heh booby
hahahahahahahahaha no, you'll fit right in with some people who came here three years ago.

Just read the Classic and come here sometimes. It isn't worth to stay a long time in this board. Unironically it makes you waste your time than encourage you to read.

get the starter pack

Yes

I love SchoolofLife

I "read" exclusively through Audiobooks for medical reasons. I enjoy them a lot.
Still feel some shame for some reason.

lmao are you that guy who posted that long diatribe crying about how audiobooks are real books and that you're not cheating because you only listen to audiobooks due to a neck injury or something like that? It seems like the people absolutely blowing you the fuck out on the thread really pounded you into submission

I didn't like One Hundred Years of Solitude

Nabokov is a bad writer

Nope. My neck is fine senpai.
It's not cheating though.

I rred it in two days.

I used to pronounce Quixote as "quicks-oat.

Me to.

I regularly read Cosmopolitan articles on snapchat.

They feed my fantasy of all woman secretly being depraved sexual nymphs. One of which will one day allow me to put my cock in her.

I know that the sole purpose of these articles is the perpetuation of our current hyper-real hegemony and that my reading them is purely masturbatory. I don't care.

I'm got a full ride to an mfa and I don't think I like writing.

Coming to Veeky Forums was a mistake, now that you're here you might as well spend it on one of the only redeemable boards. If you're looking for self improvement this board is only going to turn you into a pseud

pleb

So your confession is that you're a dirty philistine?

I think Dostoyevsky is monstrously overrated.

It took me 7 months to read GR which in retrospect makes little sense given I read 1/6 of it in the first 3 days.

>implying Veeky Forums isn't escapism

Romance novels don't call you a pathetic faggot though

Me too friend.

they won't come to your house and fuck you either

>cheating
You know that books aren't video games, right?

Hi Nabokov!
Busy being correct, I see.

It's ok. Garcia Marquez is a hack.

I think that Dostoievski is a terrible writer that somehow managed to write great books.

I may just be reading shitty translations though

when my ecuadorian spanish teacher said "don quixote," i thought she was saying "donkey horse-y" the whole time.

wasn't too far off, actually

I made it to 50 pages into the Odyssey and dropped it because I was bored shitless.
Although I finished Ulysses just fine.

>>They feed my fantasy of all woman secretly being depraved sexual nymphs.
they all are in reality too

I appreciated it for the talent and craft required to write it, but I didn't like it.

my only desire/interest to finally look into the four great classical novels is because of Monkey King being added to Dota 2

I sometimes read while walking in the city. Someone on Veeky Forums said people who do this are scum, so... yeah.